Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Westbrook: For or Against? (Poll)

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Westbrook?

FOR!
50%
AGAINST!
50%

Total votes: 64

qrocks

Re: Westbrook: For or Against? (Poll)

Post by qrocks »

sweet! I made the voting 32-32.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

The tension is palpable!
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

witljon wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:18 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:19 pm Westbrook's contract is a bigger negative than Wiggins, so in this equation getting rid of Wiggins is not a plus.
Westbrook is arguably the best PG in the NBA. He's a much much better value than Wiggins.
They want out from under the end of his deal not this year. The price they have to pay to do it is take less now. What they are asking for right now is assuredly getting laughs all around the league.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

For... I think several Wolves fans are holding onto a dream that NBA players stay loyal to franchises. That ship has sailed. The Wolves don't have two years to build a winner. Towns will be wanting out after next season. I initially felt like the Wolves need to convince Towns to sit tight for 2 years, but I've come to the realization that it's just not possible in the modern NBA to get a star player to sit and wait. Westbrook is still a top 4 PG in the NBA. The Wolves franchise is a disaster. Get it done as long as Towns wants him.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:07 pm For... I think several Wolves fans are holding onto a dream that NBA players stay loyal to franchises. That ship has sailed. The Wolves don't have two years to build a winner. Towns will be wanting out after next season. I initially felt like the Wolves need to convince Towns to sit tight for 2 years, but I've come to the realization that it's just not possible in the modern NBA to get a star player to sit and wait. Westbrook is still a top 4 PG in the NBA. The Wolves franchise is a disaster. Get it done as long as Towns wants him.
Towns can want out all he wants, he will still will have 4 years on his deal. Getting the 7th seed with Russ won't keep Towns from wanting to leave, then we'll also have the problem of having a less valuable; more expensive Russ on our hands.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

sh1mmyya wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:46 pm
Small Hands wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:07 pm For... I think several Wolves fans are holding onto a dream that NBA players stay loyal to franchises. That ship has sailed. The Wolves don't have two years to build a winner. Towns will be wanting out after next season. I initially felt like the Wolves need to convince Towns to sit tight for 2 years, but I've come to the realization that it's just not possible in the modern NBA to get a star player to sit and wait. Westbrook is still a top 4 PG in the NBA. The Wolves franchise is a disaster. Get it done as long as Towns wants him.
Towns can want out all he wants, he will still will have 4 years on his deal. Getting the 7th seed with Russ won't keep Towns from wanting to leave, then we'll also have the problem of having a less valuable; more expensive Russ on our hands.
They'd be a top 6 seed with Westbrook, KAT, and RoCo. They won't sniff the playoffs this year without him, and they'll need to hit a HR in the draft in order to be in the conversation in 3 years. You don't rebuild when you have a top 15 player. They get restless and create a poisonous atmosphere.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:50 pm
They'd be a top 6 seed with Westbrook, KAT, and RoCo. They won't sniff the playoffs this year without him, and they'll need to hit a HR in the draft in order to be in the conversation in 3 years. You don't rebuild when you have a top 15 player. They get restless and create a poisonous atmosphere.
If you think a team with their ceiling as a 6th seed is good enough to keep KAT around, then sure, do it. It won't be, and then you're tasked with getting rid of Russ too. I'm not saying don't go for a star; I'm saying don't go for this star.
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm Has there ever been a topic we have been so split on, boy's?

Almost 50/50!

Stay Tuned!
OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!!

The whole board is going to fight it out!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Swaggy Pie wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 pm
If I were Rosas? I'd leave it almost entirely up to KAT contingent upon his opinion of Westbrook as a player/teammate/person. If KAT would be fired up about Westbrook, why not bite the bullet and then align contracts with 2023 offseason when Westbrook comes off the books?

(if KAT thinks Westbrook would be more along the lines of Jimmy Butler 2.0, obviously you don't do it).
I like this. :thumbsup:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

sh1mmyya wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:58 pm
If you think a team with their ceiling as a 6th seed is good enough to keep KAT around, then sure, do it. It won't be, and then you're tasked with getting rid of Russ too. I'm not saying don't go for a star; I'm saying don't go for this star.
When has this team ever in it's history consistently been a #6 seed or better? It's not going to happen anytime soon with the way this roster is constructed.

You people do realize that most teams start somewhere right? You sometimes have to make the playoffs a few year's in a row no matter the seed and become a respectable team. Teams don't just become a #1 seed without ever being in the Playoffs.

You people make me laugh. It's "Omg we will only be a #5 seed, no thanks!" Do you realize this team has been in the playoffs 1 fucking time in the last decade and a half?!? I can't even imagine this team being a playoff regular and you fools are worried we would only be a #6 lol.

Also, Kat is going to probably want out of MN no matter what if he becomes a big enough star.

Go win some fucking games!

A good start would to become respectable and not the worst organization in sports.

This team has been in the lottery almost it's whole existence. It's worked out brilliantly hasn't it?

If anyone should know that there is no guarantee of becoming a good team through drafting its Wolves fans.
Last edited by RubeTube on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Wolves new slogan.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Wolves new slogan.
I like high risk, low reward better.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Westbrook is at the tail end of his prime. How far you go with him this year is as far as you're gonna get. Teams like the Nuggets, Blazers, and GS grew together and you could see the upward trend. Westbrook will be tailing off while Towns is entering his prime.
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

sh1mmyya wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:58 pm

When has this team ever in it's history consistently been a #6 seed or better? It's not going to happen anytime soon with the way this roster is constructed.

You people do realize that most teams start somewhere right? You sometimes have to make the playoffs a few year's in a row no matter the seed and become a respectable team. Teams don't just become a #1 seed without ever being in the Playoffs.

You people make me laugh. It's "Omg we will only be a #5 seed, no thanks!" Do you realize this team has been in the playoffs 1 fucking time in the last decade and a half?!? I can't even imagine this team being a playoff regular and you fools are worried we would only be a #6 lol.

Also, Kat is going to probably want out of MN no matter what if he becomes a big enough star.

A good start would to become respectable and not the worst organization in sports.

This team has been in the lottery almost it's whole existence. It's worked out brilliantly hasn't it?

If anyone should know that there is no guarantee of becoming a good team through drafting its Wolves fans.
Bingo... It's almost like some in here enjoy being a bottom feeder. The draft is a crap shoot.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:53 pm
witljon wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:18 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:19 pm Westbrook's contract is a bigger negative than Wiggins, so in this equation getting rid of Wiggins is not a plus.
Westbrook is arguably the best PG in the NBA. He's a much much better value than Wiggins.
They want out from under the end of his deal not this year. The price they have to pay to do it is take less now. What they are asking for right now is assuredly getting laughs all around the league.
Who is they?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

The Againsts win. Somehow they got into Rosas mind.