Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Buxton for the (below) Avg. fan

A place to discuss the MN Twins
boxter432

Re: Buxton for the (below) Avg. fan

Post by boxter432 »

Nope not in the box score. Probably got an attendance boost from saying he was playing!
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:22 pm Nope not in the box score. Probably got an attendance boost from saying he was playing!
exactly, don't I know.$ ha
Now it's Tuesday.
I'll be there Tue night.

Sky Spy in the Sky !
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

And now a "setback " in the rehab. Good news: MRI shows nothing structural. But seriously, its its always something.

http://m.startribune.com/byron-buxton-t ... 558459902/
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

So he’s still coming up but didn’t play with the kernels as planned either of the last two days. Here to pinch run I guess?
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

Buxton did not play for Cedar Rapids tonight because he re-injured his shoulder in batting practice. They told him to take it easy but he wanted to jack homeruns and screwed it up again.
Maybe tomorrow night he will play, it depends how bad it is.
He might retire in Cedar Rapids.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

Bust
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

dennis1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:18 pm And now a "setback " in the rehab. Good news: MRI shows nothing structural. But seriously, its its always something.

http://m.startribune.com/byron-buxton-t ... 558459902/

Thanks. I missed your post.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Well I think I’m finally done with Buxton.... he is fun to watch when he plays but that is the problem he is always hurt. Trade him for Syndergard
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

A key Twins development: They're no longer dependent on Byron Buxton
The Twins have gone 13-10 since Byron Buxton was placed on the injured list, a departure from past seasons when they have struggled without him.

As Buxton nears a potential return, the mantra has changed from "Hurry back, Byron, we need you" to "Take your time, Byron, because we have a good thing going without you."

At least in the short-term, that is a development for the Twins that is both surprising and positive.

https://www.startribune.com/byron-buxto ... 600300298/
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Joboo wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:06 am Well I think I’m finally done with Buxton.... he is fun to watch when he plays but that is the problem he is always hurt. Trade him for Syndergard
Funny post that was the last one before the thread got bumped since Cle just DFA’d Thor lol.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ted
@tlschwerz
#MNTwins Byron Buxton was 0-2 with a pair of strikeouts for the @StPaulSaints tonight before being lifted due to injury.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Phil Miller
@MillerStrib
Byron Buxton experienced soreness in the patella tendon of his right knee on Friday, and was removed from Saints' game after two at-bats as DH, a Twins spokesman says. Team will evaluate and update his condition on Saturday.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:48 pm Phil Miller
@MillerStrib
Byron Buxton experienced soreness in the patella tendon of his right knee on Friday, and was removed from Saints' game after two at-bats as DH, a Twins spokesman says. Team will evaluate and update his condition on Saturday.
Shut him down for the year.....good grief
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

DanHayesMLB
@DanHayesMLB
Conservative treatment wasn’t working, so Byron Buxton was given a cortisone shot in knee Sunday. #MNTwins hopeful he can still get into rehab games.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

The Twins STILL have a terrible medical staff. My goodness.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:39 pm The Twins STILL have a terrible medical staff. My goodness.
This
Coach X

Post by Coach X »

Twins have done everything they can just in an all pit attempt to have him for the postseason. I'm sorry to say even if he plays some in the playoffs this year, his career is all but over. I don't know how they can get him to retire, but it should be looked into.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

taylor and castro are great in CF. not 2017 buxton fielding but they also have been two key hitting and base running cogs this year. if buck still cant hit, seems basically like a waste of a roster spot, I guess as I said before he can be a dyson-esque pinch runner...
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Pay him off, send him down the road.

He should have never been given the extension, he lucked out that the twins needed a "face of the franchise" player and he happened to be in that spot at that moment.

Move on, time to move on.
My body, my choice.
DMB

Post by DMB »

boxter432 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:18 am taylor and castro are great in CF. not 2017 buxton fielding but they also have been two key hitting and base running cogs this year. if buck still cant hit, seems basically like a waste of a roster spot, I guess as I said before he can be a dyson-esque pinch runner...
Martin can take over next year in center.
Semper Fi
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Absolutely DO NOT WANT Buck back in the lineup for the remainder of this season. Get the damn knee healed up completely by next spring training and then maybe we give it anotha shot. If Blockhead tries to be clever and get him in for the playoffs I'll be so made that I'll spit tacks....
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:09 pm Absolutely DO NOT WANT Buck back in the lineup for the remainder of this season. Get the damn knee healed up completely by next spring training and then maybe we give it anotha shot. If Blockhead tries to be clever and get him in for the playoffs I'll be so made that I'll spit tacks....
got a feeling that he's going to be on the roster for this first series. i don't know how they can justify putting him in the lineup though.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:17 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:09 pm Absolutely DO NOT WANT Buck back in the lineup for the remainder of this season. Get the damn knee healed up completely by next spring training and then maybe we give it anotha shot. If Blockhead tries to be clever and get him in for the playoffs I'll be so made that I'll spit tacks....
got a feeling that he's going to be on the roster for this first series. i don't know how they can justify putting him in the lineup though.
Bet he'd ruin the nice chemistry they have developed since he's been out...
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Byron Buxton meets with Rocco Baldelli, makes pitch to be on Twins postseason roster
Neal: Injured center fielder is "pushing day in and day out" trying to recover, and he'll work out this weekend in an attempt to prove he can play in the postseason on Tuesday.

Byron Buxton walked into Rocco Baldelli's office at Target Field at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, closed the door and sat down. He wanted a meeting. His message: Put me on the playoff roster.

Buxton knows he doesn't have much time to make a case that he's healthy enough to play in the Twins' postseason — less than five days, in fact, with Game 1 on Tuesday. His right knee has been an issue all year, and it flared up on him when he tried to play in center field earlier in the month during a minor-league rehabilitation game with the St. Paul Saints.

The 29-year-old Twins star knows that Baldelli has to have the team's best interests as the top priority. Buxton also knows he's likely to be playing with some level of discomfort if given the opportunity.

Buxton is going to hit, run and take fly balls in center at Target Field while the Twins are in Colorado this weekend. This will be his attempt to prove he can contribute to the playoff cause.

https://www.startribune.com/byron-buxto ... 600308395/
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Put him in. Fuck it. He's all-world at CF, and that alone is worthy of a spot.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
DMB

Post by DMB »

Buxton's done.
Semper Fi
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

DMB wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:24 amBuxton's done.
I haven't reached that stage of grief yet.

DMB

Post by DMB »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:53 pm
DMB wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:24 amBuxton's done.
I haven't reached that stage of grief yet.
He's done this year. Maybe for good- :(
Semper Fi