I quit drinking

General topics
Post Reply
User avatar
Ski
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:09 am

I quit drinking

Post by Ski » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 am

For two days... Sunday i was trying to think when was the last day that t didn't have at least one drink. No idea, but a long ass time. So i quit for two days just made sure I could . I don't have the shakes and not sweating, so I'm good. Looking forward to a cocktail tonight. :coolio:

It's not like I am getting hammered every night, but when I am home for the night and done being responsible I always have a couple. So basically I saw this scene this weekend while flipping channels and wanted to make this wouldn't happen. It didn't.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

User avatar
nigel
Posts: 4002
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:08 am

Re: I quit drinking

Post by nigel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am

Good for you!

User avatar
RC3
Posts: 7621
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:12 pm
Contact:

Re: I quit drinking

Post by RC3 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:34 am

Quitter.
R.I.P. SCOOTER

Slap Shot
Posts: 6651
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:34 am

Quitting is for losers!

User avatar
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018***
Posts: 11771
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 am

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:52 am

That's great! I want to jerk off a little less.
Too cool to care


***Official Poli Chat Poster of the Year 2018***

User avatar
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member
Posts: 7998
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: I quit drinking

Post by HeHateMe » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:12 pm

I can't.... I love beer too much.
thinktank wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am
I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.

User avatar
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 15596
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Abe Froman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Image
I made this!

User avatar
Bob Wiley
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Bob Wiley » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:37 pm

HeHateMe wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:12 pm
I can't.... I love beer too much.
I’ve cut way down, but beer loves me too much.
“Regardless, Trump has been an outstanding President by all objective measures.” mlhouse

User avatar
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***
Posts: 15596
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 am

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Abe Froman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Bob Wiley wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:37 pm
HeHateMe wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:12 pm
I can't.... I love beer too much.
I’ve cut way down, but beer loves me too much.
Same. I lost over 20lbs just by cutting back on alcohol alone... That shit's pretty alarming really...
I made this!

User avatar
Bob Wiley
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Bob Wiley » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:45 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:39 pm
Bob Wiley wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:37 pm
HeHateMe wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:12 pm
I can't.... I love beer too much.
I’ve cut way down, but beer loves me too much.
Same. I lost over 20lbs just by cutting back on alcohol alone... That shit's pretty alarming really...
I haven’t lost a pound. I’m running, biking, doesn’t seem to matter.
“Regardless, Trump has been an outstanding President by all objective measures.” mlhouse

Small Hands
Posts: 1627
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Small Hands » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:56 pm

Ski wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 am
For two days... Sunday i was trying to think when was the last day that t didn't have at least one drink. No idea, but a long ass time. So i quit for two days just made sure I could . I don't have the shakes and not sweating, so I'm good. Looking forward to a cocktail tonight. :coolio:

It's not like I am getting hammered every night, but when I am home for the night and done being responsible I always have a couple. So basically I saw this scene this weekend while flipping channels and wanted to make this wouldn't happen. It didn't.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
If you drink everyday for the last several years, the alcohol hasn’t left your body after 2 days. Wait a week and you’ll start to feel symptoms. A drink or two a night isn’t bad. If you can’t be content without having a drink everyday, you may have a problem.

Slap Shot
Posts: 6651
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:36 pm
Image
:lol:

User avatar
Ski
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:09 am

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Ski » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Small Hands wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:56 pm
Ski wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 am
For two days... Sunday i was trying to think when was the last day that t didn't have at least one drink. No idea, but a long ass time. So i quit for two days just made sure I could . I don't have the shakes and not sweating, so I'm good. Looking forward to a cocktail tonight. :coolio:

It's not like I am getting hammered every night, but when I am home for the night and done being responsible I always have a couple. So basically I saw this scene this weekend while flipping channels and wanted to make this wouldn't happen. It didn't.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
If you drink everyday for the last several years, the alcohol hasn’t left your body after 2 days. Wait a week and you’ll start to feel symptoms. A drink or two a night isn’t bad. If you can’t be content without having a drink everyday, you may have a problem.
Damnit, but thanks for the info, I'll try again next week. Too many peer pressure drinking events this weekend.

User avatar
Ski
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:09 am

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Ski » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:28 pm
Abe Froman wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:36 pm
Image
:lol:
x2 :lol:

The Roofer
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:37 am

Re: I quit drinking

Post by The Roofer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Ski wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 am
For two days... Sunday i was trying to think when was the last day that t didn't have at least one drink. No idea, but a long ass time. So i quit for two days just made sure I could . I don't have the shakes and not sweating, so I'm good. Looking forward to a cocktail tonight. :coolio:

It's not like I am getting hammered every night, but when I am home for the night and done being responsible I always have a couple. So basically I saw this scene this weekend while flipping channels and wanted to make this wouldn't happen. It didn't.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
No one likes a quitter

User avatar
Herky
Posts: 5458
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:09 am

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Herky » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:25 pm

I didn't have any alcohol for a month after our son was born. He was not a good sleeper and we had no idea what we were doing. I wish I could say I felt better and lost weight with no alcohol but I was sleep deprived and eating a lot of fast food/drinking pop so I felt like ass.

Once he started sleeping better I went back to drinking and have never felt better!

User avatar
Qman65
Posts: 4184
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Qman65 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:18 pm

Ski wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 am
For two days... Sunday i was trying to think when was the last day that t didn't have at least one drink. No idea, but a long ass time. So i quit for two days just made sure I could . I don't have the shakes and not sweating, so I'm good. Looking forward to a cocktail tonight. :coolio:

It's not like I am getting hammered every night, but when I am home for the night and done being responsible I always have a couple. So basically I saw this scene this weekend while flipping channels and wanted to make this wouldn't happen. It didn't.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Fucking pussy! :beer:
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!

Slim Shady
Posts: 12125
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Slim Shady » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 am

Where are you doing your drinking these days?

User avatar
RC3
Posts: 7621
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:12 pm
Contact:

Re: I quit drinking

Post by RC3 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:16 am

I still drink, fwiw.
R.I.P. SCOOTER

User avatar
Porridge
Posts: 2587
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Porridge » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:27 am

I took up drinking recently.

It's fascinating.
RIP Scooter,,,

User avatar
Dr. Linux
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Re: I quit drinking

Post by Dr. Linux » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:30 am

I plan on having a couple 13 - 14 beers this evening. Honestly just a couple. I'm on a mission to find the top 10% of Stouts and Porters available. Russian Imperials Stouts can F right off. Sure, great alcohol content butt plenty of things have that and taste like shit too.

Post Reply