Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NBA Playoffs

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:39 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:12 pm This Indiana score makes me think I’m watching a game from 1999.
Did someone finally decide to play defense in today's NBA?

No 30 3 pointers made by each team?
Watch the game and tell me it was “good defense.” It was shity offense with no spacing and no creators for Indiana. Actually watch the game and then come here with smart guy comments. Just some advice. They scored 74 points.
j2j

Post by j2j »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:43 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:12 pm This Indiana score makes me think I’m watching a game from 1999.

Watch the game and tell me it was “good defense.” It was shity offense with no spacing and no creators for Indiana. Actually watch the game and then come here with smart guy comments. Just some advice. They scored 74 points.
Exactly, Indiana looked like a team that couldn't score with a Thai hooker and a $100 bill.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Watch the game and tell me it was “good defense.” It was shity offense with no spacing and no creators for Indiana. Actually watch the game and then come here with smart guy comment. Just some advice. They scored 74 points.
You are correct, I didn't watch.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
snicker

Post by snicker »

Go Bucks!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

snicker wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:48 pmGo Bucks!
I hope they win it all. Only thing I'm interested to see in these playoffs. Also hopefully someone knocking off GS.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

These Pistons jerseys are throwing me off. Keep thinking it's the Nets.

Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

The league/refs will keep Milwaukee out of the finals. Too small of a market.
j2j

Post by j2j »

It's super fun seeing players bitch at the refs for a whistle as or after the ref is blowing their whistle. Shut the fuck up and play.

witljon

Post by witljon »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:56 pm The league/refs will keep Milwaukee out of the finals. Too small of a market.
I've said it before, its the worst officiated sport of em all.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:33 pm Still not worried about the Sixers. I think they win the series and eventually end up in the NBA finals, IF Embiid can stay on the court.

I want to pick Milwaukee, but I have a hard time buying into the idea of them beating Philly in 7 games, unless the Sixers have injury issues.

As far as the West goes, it's Golden State and nobody else for me.
Sixers don’t have the right mix for what you predict.

They might not even make the ECF.

Butler played well but doesn’t pass.

Harris’ spacing is wasted.

Embiid thinks he can create space and can’t.

That team is ass backwards.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Soft ass basketball. No need for that shit.

j2j

Post by j2j »

Did Giannis just say his coach told them to keep having fun? Shit, we can't have that. Basketball isn't supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be an angry gorilla screaming at the top of his lungs for 48 minutes per night. Fun is soft!

j2j

Post by j2j »

Now this should be the fun series.

Let's go Utah!

Kevin McHale on the call!

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

thinktank wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:28 pm
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:33 pm Still not worried about the Sixers. I think they win the series and eventually end up in the NBA finals, IF Embiid can stay on the court.

I want to pick Milwaukee, but I have a hard time buying into the idea of them beating Philly in 7 games, unless the Sixers have injury issues.

As far as the West goes, it's Golden State and nobody else for me.
Sixers don’t have the right mix for what you predict.

They might not even make the ECF.

Butler played well but doesn’t pass.

Harris’ spacing is wasted.

Embiid thinks he can create space and can’t.

That team is ass backwards.
I agree. I don’t think they’re built well from a roster construction POV. Harris is just standing around. I feel bad for him. Embiid is under the impression that him taking 3s is something teams don’t want, when in reality they don’t want him in the paint, they’re perfectly content to have him shoot 3s. They’ll still probably get past the Nets.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Brooklyn is going to bounce Philly. Stealing one on the road, completely turning the fans against them, and they also have turmoil from the cell phone garbage. I can't wait to see Philly's offseason haha.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

irishman89 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:13 am Brooklyn is going to bounce Philly. Stealing one on the road, completely turning the fans against them, and they also have turmoil from the cell phone garbage. I can't wait to see Philly's offseason haha.
Butler will get them guys in line. They won’t lose another game to the Nets.
D_H

Post by D_H »

irishman89 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:13 am Brooklyn is going to bounce Philly. Stealing one on the road, completely turning the fans against them, and they also have turmoil from the cell phone garbage. I can't wait to see Philly's offseason haha.
Off-season should be interesting whenever that may be we have 66 million dollars in cap space to work with!! Whooohoooo! :naners:

I'm actually hoping the Nets beat us in the playoffs to get that idiot Brett Brown out of town. The only guy in the NBA I would not take ahead of him is Ryan Sanders and that's only because I don't know anything about him. BB is without a doubt a bottom 5 coach in the league. When we got Butler all he did was put him into Robert Covington spot!! Lol Sure JB is a lot better player than Covington but a different type of player as well. As long as you have Embiid and Simmons you're always going to win at least 50 games they are just that talented on both ends of the floor - just a matter of building the right guys around them and a championship or two is in the future for sure. Milwaukee, Boston, & Philadelphia all have a lot of free agents in the offseason but no one has a Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons to build around. Best young combo in the NBA, and you have to take your lumps to win championships, which I'm confident those two will do. I personally would let both Harris and Butler walk and then go after other free agents. The building blocks are there and they're both under 24!!!
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Call me crazy, but Embiid and Simmons are the weak links and the ones I'd move before Butler or Harris. Embiid and Simmons both need the same space in the paint to be truly their best. Embiid standing 23 feet away is dumb. Ben still can't shoot from outside. He probably never will be able to if he still doesn't even attempt in games. Harris is being wasted most and can seriously shoot, and Butler brings the works. Move Embiid and Simmons for AD and Holiday, for example, and things really start to click on all cylinders. I'm just not an Embiid fan though, so who knows.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

If I'm MIL, I rest players since Griffin is out for the whole round. DET is hot garbage without Blake. Is that too cocky?
D_H

Post by D_H »

irishman89 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:00 pm Call me crazy, but Embiid and Simmons are the weak links and the ones I'd move before Butler or Harris. Embiid and Simmons both need the same space in the paint to be truly their best. Embiid standing 23 feet away is dumb. Ben still can't shoot from outside. He probably never will be able to if he still doesn't even attempt in games. Harris is being wasted most and can seriously shoot, and Butler brings the works. Move Embiid and Simmons for AD and Holiday, for example, and things really start to click on all cylinders. I'm just not an Embiid fan though, so who knows.
No

I've league pass since 2001 and watch every sixers game
The last two guys 76ers are moving are Embiid and Simmons, they are once-in-a-lifetime talents! :thumbsup:

we 52 games last year with a completely different roster and 51 games this year. The only constant was the greatness of Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons. Joel Embiid's going to be first team NBA.You could fill the roster out with just about any NBA players and they are going to carry the team to 50 wins at least. No one's winning a championship with golden state the next two or three years, I didn't have any illusions of winning the championship. They will likely let Jimmy Butler and Harris go and fill in with other players. 66 million dollars is a lot of cap space! :beer:

Well I better get back to work have a good day WC!!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

D_H wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:06 pm
irishman89 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:00 pm Call me crazy, but Embiid and Simmons are the weak links and the ones I'd move before Butler or Harris. Embiid and Simmons both need the same space in the paint to be truly their best. Embiid standing 23 feet away is dumb. Ben still can't shoot from outside. He probably never will be able to if he still doesn't even attempt in games. Harris is being wasted most and can seriously shoot, and Butler brings the works. Move Embiid and Simmons for AD and Holiday, for example, and things really start to click on all cylinders. I'm just not an Embiid fan though, so who knows.
No

The last two guys 76ers are moving are Embiid and Simmons, they are once-in-a-lifetime talents! :thumbsup:

we 52 games last year with a completely different roster and 51 games this year. The only constant was the greatness of Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons. Joel Embiid's going to be first team NBA.You could fill the roster out with just about any NBA players and they are going to carry the team to 50 wins at least. No one's winning a championship with golden state the next two or three years, I didn't have any illusions of winning the championship. They will likely let Jimmy Butler and Harris go and fill in with other players. 66 million dollars is a lot of cap space! :beer:

GS reign is over after this year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I'd like to see Klay as the true #1 option on a team, and see how far he takes them. I'm sure he stays put, though.
j2j

Post by j2j »

irishman89 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:27 pm I'd like to see Klay as the true #1 option on a team, and see how far he takes them. I'm sure he stays put, though.
I love Klay, but he's not a #1 option.

j2j

Post by j2j »

I really hate Embiid. Punt his ass out.

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Brooklyn struggling out of the halftime gates again. Let's see if they can regroup again.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Nope. Another blowout game. Not enough close games.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:24 pm
D_H wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:06 pm
No

GS reign is over after this year.

I think so too - there are rumors going around Philadelphia talk radio that Durant and Kyrie Irving would like to come to Philadelphia as a package deal. They are very good friends. Once we cut Jonathon Simmons in the offseason that would give us 66 million dollars in cap space. They would move Ben Simmons to the power forward. I'm not holding my breath, but with 66 million you're going to get two max players. If I am Kevin Durant I would want to stay in Golden State but he appears to want to leave. Kyrie and Durant appear to be a possible package deal for somebody. Should be interesting. As the NBA turns! Lol
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Didn’t watch the game but the Sixers play in game 2 appears to be their best style.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Clippers might want to try sneak a 6th guy on the court just to sit back and play defense. Dubs running all over them.

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

How does a playoff game have a score of 123-145, that's disgusting.