Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NBA Playoffs

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
witljon

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by witljon »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:52 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:13 am I actually think you’re right thrillkill. I think Klay is an UFA and only KD has the option.
Correct. This is gonna get crazy interesting to see what offers come rolling in.
The NBA, where the off-season is more interesting than the actual season.
T_J

Post by T_J »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:13 am Durant stays with GSW, or goes back to OKC is my guess.
Back to OKC? :shock:

I'm going to change my predictions after all these injuries and say GS is able to bring back everyone. They'll be an underdog next year, maybe low seed playoff team, but I bet even KD now wants another shot to grab the title with this core. This can't sit well having it end like this.
T_J

Post by T_J »

j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:47 pm
bri wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 pmFVV for MVP?
Nah, Kawhi.
Hubie voted FVV MVP.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

watching FVV kick ass makes me sad about tyus. goes to show what being a great deep shooter does for your entire game. Fred's got it, Tyus nope.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Look at how quickly the NBA landscaped changed tonight. And dumb froobs want to blow it up because...Towns is gonna ask out right away!!!!
j-one

Post by j-one »

Klay and KD will still get big time offers this summer. Probably won't develop this way but a team signing them could set up like the Spurs "tanking" due to David Robinson's injury and ending up with Tim Duncan and a bunch of rings. Say KD signs with the Knicks and they're unable to do much else this off-season, they suck again, draft next year's version of Zion along with adding another superstar plus KD a year from now.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:18 am Look at how quickly the NBA landscaped changed tonight. And dumb froobs want to blow it up because...Towns is gonna ask out right away!!!!
:lol: Dude you know it changed because the best player asked out and moved right?

I get your point though. But I just want all of the all offense guys to realize that Tor added 2 defensive player of the year and Danny freakin Green the guy they named 3 and D after. Let's fix that D!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:15 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:18 am Look at how quickly the NBA landscaped changed tonight. And dumb froobs want to blow it up because...Towns is gonna ask out right away!!!!
:lol: Dude you know it changed because the best player asked out and moved right?

I get your point though. But I just want all of the all offense guys to realize that Tor added 2 defensive player of the year and Danny freakin Green the guy they named 3 and D after. Let's fix that D!
I just think the "we aren't competing for a trophy right now so why bother" crew are idiots. They prefer the constant cycle of lottery than maybe try and build something with a top 10 offense player. They expect lottery to NBA champion in about 2 years or else blow it up, it's not working!!!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j-one wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:54 am Klay and KD will still get big time offers this summer. Probably won't develop this way but a team signing them could set up like the Spurs "tanking" due to David Robinson's injury and ending up with Tim Duncan and a bunch of rings. Say KD signs with the Knicks and they're unable to do much else this off-season, they suck again, draft next year's version of Zion along with adding another superstar plus KD a year from now.
The intrigue is this. GS can offer a 5th year and more money. Will they offer that to Klay or will they try to offer 5 at the number other teams can pay? Would that piss him off? And Klay has an option that Durant really doesn't. He could sign a 3 year deal with an opt out after 2 like Durant and Lebron did a few years back when both opted out and moved. Durant pretty much has to sign a long term deal if he can at his age. Klay has some rhythm to take a year to rehab and one to rehab his image, then hit for one last big deal.

Here's on thing you don't hear getting talked about though. That super max shit will not last. Don't know what the league will give up but no way 8 years from now 10 guys in the league are making 60 mil a year.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Klay gets a max deal, back in March. KD is gone, IMO. Probably misses most of next year, maybe back in April or the playoffs.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I was typing up "The Wolves aren't that far from contending" thread and got side tracked.

How many of these playoff teams were the pups equal to or a slight tier below in a normal year?

Portland - equal
OKC - equal
Utah - equal
Denver - equal
SA - equal
GS - worse
Houston - worse

They're like one allstar short of a solid playoff run. We've got a deep roster of role players, the fit can be argued, but there's plenty of glue guys. Need one more allstar and KAT to take a leap into the MVP conversation. I think it's fair to think that's possible in the next 2-3 years.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:21 am

I just think the "we aren't competing for a trophy right now so why bother" crew are idiots. They prefer the constant cycle of lottery than maybe try and build something with a top 10 offense player. They expect lottery to NBA champion in about 2 years or else blow it up, it's not working!!!
Agreed. It's stupid shit. Obviously everyone would love to play in the Finald, but let's focus on making the playoffs first. It's not "ring or bust" for us.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:28 am
I was typing up "The Wolves aren't that far from contending" thread and got side tracked.

How many of these playoff teams were the pups equal to or a slight tier below in a normal year?

Portland - equal
OKC - equal
Utah - equal
Denver - equal
SA - equal
GS - worse
Houston - worse

They're like one allstar short of a solid playoff run. We've got a deep roster of role players, the fit can be argued, but there's plenty of glue guys. Need one more allstar and KAT to take a leap into the MVP conversation. I think it's fair to think that's possible in the next 2-3 years.
Shut the fuck up. Trade him, he's gonna walk!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:21 am

Preaching to the choir. I have always been one of the few who laugh every year at the lose to win majority. You do not get better getting worse or staying the same. Taylor would have sold the pick that became VanVleet and 90% of rubes would say who cares it's just a 2nd.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Playoff experience is also overrated per some froobs.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:31 am Playoff experience is also overrated per some froobs.
How much playoff experience did Patrick McCaw have before he reeled off 3 straight NBA Championships across two franchises to start his career?

:box:
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

j2j wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:46 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:31 am Playoff experience is also overrated per some froobs.
How much playoff experience did Patrick McCaw have before he reeled off 3 straight NBA Championships across two franchises to start his career?

:box:
:mute:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Ask Towns who looked like Doodie Ebi to start his playoff career.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm
Ask Towns who looked like Doodie Ebi to start his playoff career.
Naw. That dude is just soft.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

Jeremy Lin made the Eastern cover of Sports Illustrated 2 weeks in a row back in 2013 (?)....don't quite remember but he was crowned the new Micheal Jordan overnight back then. LOL
He got his ring as a Raptor but he went from once rockstar sensation to this =
Jeremy Lin only averaged 3.4 minutes for the Raptors through the entire playoffs and averaged only 1.1 points in the process. But because he’s on the Raptors bench, he will still receive the ring.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Kawhi is soooo gone. Lucky for Toronto we have a future allstar for them.

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Hummdrum wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 pm Jeremy Lin made the Eastern cover of Sports Illustrated 2 weeks in a row back in 2013 (?)....don't quite remember but he was crowned the new Micheal Jordan overnight back then. LOL
He got his ring as a Raptor but he went from once rockstar sensation to this =
Jeremy Lin only averaged 3.4 minutes for the Raptors through the entire playoffs and averaged only 1.1 points in the process. But because he’s on the Raptors bench, he will still receive the ring.
He couldn't beat out DeAndre' Bembry for minutes in ATL. He sure was hot as a pistol in NY years ago though. Then, gone as suddenly as he arrived.