** Meatsauce scored a date**

General topics
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: ** Meatsauce scored a date**

Post by Mandatory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:33 am

Oh Canada wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:48 pm
I’ve never gone out on a date with a gal that hot, or a dude of equivalent hotness. Who cares if it’s a PR stunt, any single guy would hang out with her for an evening.
Just seems really shallow to me, OC. Hanging out with someone for an evening just because of their looks?
I haven't even begun to peak.

64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:41 am

Maybe it wasn’t for clout...or they don’t know how to market anything.

No social media coverage of the date.
Codeine Cobain

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:58 am

Mandatory - Dominus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:33 am
Oh Canada wrote:
I’ve never gone out on a date with a gal that hot, or a dude of equivalent hotness. Who cares if it’s a PR stunt, any single guy would hang out with her for an evening.
Just seems really shallow to me, OC. Hanging out with someone for an evening just because of their looks?
Maybe they wanted to discuss their favorite Shakespeare play?
Feel my heat

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:03 am

flexbuffchest wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:58 am
Oh Canada wrote:
:clap:

Oh Canada

Post by Oh Canada » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:16 am

Oh Canada wrote:
It's just for fun so I don't think there's any harm in it. He gets to hang out with a beautiful woman. She gets social media clicks (which drives her business). Everyone wins. And it's one night, not a big commitment for either of them.
RR

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:22 am

Oh Canada wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:16 am
Oh Canada wrote:
It's just for fun so I don't think there's any harm in it. He gets to hang out with a beautiful woman. She gets social media clicks (which drives her business). Everyone wins. And it's one night, not a big commitment for either of them.
The problem to me is that I don't think most of the people following this bit are capable of understanding the nuanced reality of the situation like you do. It's not a good thing.

Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:27 am

64DegreeWedge wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:41 am

The main thing was it was an "accident" from the get go.

Antje, my opinion was caught off guard on the phone, rolled with the punches etc. I think the original "bit" was supposed to be along the lines of just asking which KFAN dude she'd lead on for 3 months-per her social media post.

Once it got to the Sauce deal the whole thing just got awkward from there. Even now, it's cringy, it was like some sort of weird "make-a-wish" dates that she had to endure, Sauce had to follow thru on and KFAN barely-backed. The real "bit" was that it was never meant to be this way.

RC3

Post by RC3 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am

Hole Nova Level wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:27 am
64DegreeWedge wrote:

Antje, my opinion was caught off guard on the phone, rolled with the punches etc. I think the original "bit" was supposed to be along the lines of just asking which KFAN dude she'd lead on for 3 months-per her social media post.

Once it got to the Sauce deal the whole thing just got awkward from there. Even now, it's cringy, it was like some sort of weird "make-a-wish" dates that she had to endure, Sauce had to follow thru on and KFAN barely-backed. The real "bit" was that it was never meant to be this way.
My point from the jump. :lol:
R.I.P. SCOOTER

Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:22 am
Oh Canada wrote:

The problem to me is that I don't think most of the people following this bit are capable of understanding the nuanced reality of the situation like you do. It's not a good thing.
I'm with OC. Go have fun - nobody got hurt. It'll become a legendary story on the golf course in a few year - what's the harm?

Puma

Post by Puma » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:31 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:17 pm
Do we all have blonde wives? Or are you guys just making that part up?
Is this why I'm not married?! :shock:

Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 am

Oh Canada wrote:
Oh Canada wrote:
But I don't get the fun of hanging out with an attractive woman (I don't think she's attractive but I understand that others do) for no purpose. What I mean by that is that from listening to her on the radio, I think she is not the sharpest tool in the shed. She sounds dense to me. So I would find a conversation with her boring and stupid. Many guys have dated stupid, boring women for their looks because they saw a sexual benefit in their looks. But if that is off the table, then it is just hanging out with a boring person. Why is that fun?

So if she is actually fun to hang out with, then fine. But is it fun to hang out with someone attractive just because they are attractive? I don't get it. Are we considering that she is fun to have dinner with because she is attractive? I really don't get it.

Now if meatsauce wants to do it, all the power to him. He's not hurting anyone and she consented as well. I don't see the appeal though.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am

Puma wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:31 am
Abe Froman wrote:
It's possible. Have you considered changing your hair color?
I made this!

Puma

Post by Puma » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:34 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am
Puma wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
Not blonde, I'd look like a weirdo. I guess there's no love for Puma :no:

Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 am

Da Gas Man wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 am
Oh Canada wrote:

But I don't get the fun of hanging out with an attractive woman (I don't think she's attractive but I understand that others do) for no purpose. What I mean by that is that from listening to her on the radio, I think she is not the sharpest tool in the shed. She sounds dense to me. So I would find a conversation with her boring and stupid. Many guys have dated stupid, boring women for their looks because they saw a sexual benefit in their looks. But if that is off the table, then it is just hanging out with a boring person. Why is that fun?

So if she is actually fun to hang out with, then fine. But is it fun to hang out with someone attractive just because they are attractive? I don't get it. Are we considering that she is fun to have dinner with because she is attractive? I really don't get it.

Now if meatsauce wants to do it, all the power to him. He's not hurting anyone and she consented as well. I don't see the appeal though.
I read your first sentence. I hope this isn't a big deal for you, but you're gay. (NTTAWWT, obvi)

Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am

RC3 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am
Hole Nova Level wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:27 am
64DegreeWedge wrote:

My point from the jump. :lol:
Yeah just goes back to it being an "accident" in the first place. Sometimes things work out, sometimes things end up being a complete waste of time ala this "bit".

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am

Puma wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:34 am
Abe Froman wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am
Puma wrote:

Not blonde, I'd look like a weirdo. I guess there's no love for Puma :no:
Well... then you are going to have to start wearing glasses at all times. You might be able to redeem yourself, no promises.
I made this!

Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am

Puma wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
I always preferred brunettes. Of course, my wife's hair is closer to blonde and I love her and find her attractive. Blonde is a very common Minnesota thing. Not as common in Chicago and certainly not in my neighborhood. I think it's the Scandinavian origin of many Minnesotans.

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 am

Nancy Jr wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am
Oh Canada wrote:

I'm with OC. Go have fun - nobody got hurt. It'll become a legendary story on the golf course in a few year - what's the harm?

But that's the thing, it's not harmless to me. They can do what they want, I just don't get it.

RC3

Post by RC3 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:48 am

Hole Nova Level wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am

Yeah just goes back to it being an "accident" in the first place. Sometimes things work out, sometimes things end up being a complete waste of time ala this "bit".
She couldn't say no. :lol:
R.I.P. SCOOTER

realjazzguy

Post by realjazzguy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am

Oh Canada wrote:

"Nuanced reality?" you're describing froobchat

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 am

realjazzguy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am
Oh Canada wrote:

"Nuanced reality?" you're describing froobchat
:lol:

Puma

Post by Puma » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:54 am

Da Gas Man wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am
Puma wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
I always preferred brunettes. Of course, my wife's hair is closer to blonde and I love her and find her attractive. Blonde is a very common Minnesota thing. Not as common in Chicago and certainly not in my neighborhood. I think it's the Scandinavian origin of many Minnesotans.
My mom's Polish genes were strong!

Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:26 am

Nancy Jr wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 am
Da Gas Man wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 am
Oh Canada wrote:

I read your first sentence. I hope this isn't a big deal for you, but you're gay. (NTTAWWT, obvi)
I presumed that many would interpret it that way. :D (NTTAWWT)

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:52 am

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:03 am
flexbuffchest wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:58 am

:clap:

:lol:

Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:14 am

Tommy_Hawk wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:21 pm
focker wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 pm
HOLD UP!!! John Randle boned that fat ex wife of Meatdouche's?
Think he didn't?
KAO has it on good authority that it is true.

Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 am

mankatobjr wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:29 am
Oh Canada wrote:
Exactly.. Also even a .0001% chance it ended up as more then a nice dinner and a hug is waaaayyy better odds then sitting at home doing nothing and landing an Instagram model. Sure maybe some Froobs have very good looking wives, but they still aren't Antje...

He said he spent $300 on dinner.. probably another $400 on airline tickets... and say $400 on hotels... another $300 on incidentals.. $1400 to play the lottery for a late 30's single guy with no real bills (kids/house/wife) is nothing.

He took a shot, seems like he had fun... those making fun of it just hate Meatsauce and I'd assume to a point are somewhat jealous. Meatsauce''s life ain't all bad... I wouldn't trade my kid's for his life... but part of me is jealous of his life. Friends with Nick Swardson, knows and hangs out with some Vikings players. Hell John Randle was in his wedding (one of my favorite vikings as a teenager). His life ain't all bad.
People are making fun of it because the whole thing is a joke and that is the role he plays. The dumb doofus going out with IG model.

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:28 am

Obi-Wan wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 am
mankatobjr wrote:
Oh Canada wrote:
Exactly.. Also even a .0001% chance it ended up as more then a nice dinner and a hug is waaaayyy better odds then sitting at home doing nothing and landing an Instagram model. Sure maybe some Froobs have very good looking wives, but they still aren't Antje...

He said he spent $300 on dinner.. probably another $400 on airline tickets... and say $400 on hotels... another $300 on incidentals.. $1400 to play the lottery for a late 30's single guy with no real bills (kids/house/wife) is nothing.

He took a shot, seems like he had fun... those making fun of it just hate Meatsauce and I'd assume to a point are somewhat jealous. Meatsauce''s life ain't all bad... I wouldn't trade my kid's for his life... but part of me is jealous of his life. Friends with Nick Swardson, knows and hangs out with some Vikings players. Hell John Randle was in his wedding (one of my favorite vikings as a teenager). His life ain't all bad.
People are making fun of it because the whole thing is a joke and that is the role he plays. The dumb doofus going out with IG model.
Yep. Whether he was "in" on the joke or not he looks like an idiot. I also take great issue with Makatorblowjobbers assertion that he "took a shot". There was no shot. He spent, or someone spent, over a thousand dollars for him to be the butt of the joke. But Sauce is ok with that because he's an attention whore.

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am

Obi-Wan wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 am
mankatobjr wrote:
Oh Canada wrote:

I will say this in Shrek's defense - if he really is in on it and isn't going to catch any feelings then why the hell not? He's an attention whore it seems like and I guess I don't see the harm in it.

I don't listen to their show fwiw.

DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:01 pm

DP. wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:04 pm
Lesueurcountyguy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:57 pm
Sorry you have to live thru meatball.
Yeah...cuz saying that “meatball” is having a better night than you means that I’m living vicariously thru him...
I would much rather stay at home and watch a repeat of the Game of Thrones series premiere than fly to Los Angeles to be humiliated on a make-believe date with an Instagram model.

That sounds like fucking hell to me.
Rising Stars MVP

Craig Joffe

Post by Craig Joffe » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:39 pm

I sleep with 4-5 models a year. Turns out a lot of models need lasik.