Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fire Rocco!

A place to discuss the MN Twins
feekdogg

Re: Fire Rocco!

Post by feekdogg »

If they shitcan this asshole, the season is a success.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:28 pm If they shitcan this asshole, the season is a success.
Agreed. I'm on board with them missing the playoffs if that is the result.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Oh goodie, Pagan is coming in. So much for a close game.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

I say bring back Molitor.

Wins Manager of the year in 2017, then fired a year later so the Falvey and Levine idiots can hire their guy who is also an idiot.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

its the whole staff it seems (wont blame Maki yet, he got thrown to the wolves, but the staff looks just awful currently outside Gray and Duran).
Rocco messes up nearly every managerial decision especially if a player named hamilton is involved lol
Team looks like they don't know what they are doing, poor baserunning, no instincts - why do we have bench coaches if every game theres some dumbass defensive or baserunning error?
base coaches clearly are making scotty ulger look like a damn genius.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

You'll never win big with Rocco regardless of the team's talent. He's a soft, yes man with no baseball instincts. The sooner you cut him, the better off you'll be. But you'll still be stuck with the analytical brain-trust duo, so there's that...
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

The fact that he can’t get these guys ready to play a real game against its two main division rivals is alone grounds for termination.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:55 pm The fact that he can’t get these guys ready to play a real game against its two main division rivals is alone grounds for termination.

The first two games against CLE at home he has the starting rotation lined up with Bundy and Archer?? That's inexcusable. Give the team and the season a chance. And now Cleveland has Bieber starting today against Josh fucking Winder?? GTFO Rocco.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'm not a huge Rocco fan but he HAS to be given a little slack due to the massive number of injuries and games missed by the players. Is it time to move on? Maybe, and I'd be ok with that.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Hornets wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:48 am I'm not a huge Rocco fan but he HAS to be given a little slack due to the massive number of injuries and games missed by the players. Is it time to move on? Maybe, and I'd be ok with that.
This scrote is still skipper of the Twins? What more do we/they need to see?
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

What am embarrassment this weekend was.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Blaming his lack of success this season on injuries even though his entire managerial architecture is to prevent injury.

What a pud stain.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
chris_numbers

Post by chris_numbers »

I'd fire em all.

I cant believe they could do worse than Bill Smith and Terry Ryan.
Is it bad that I hate all of you even though I’ve never met you?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:19 am Blaming his lack of success this season on injuries even though his entire managerial architecture is to prevent injury.

What a pud stain.
That's a fair point.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Cle won again. Outside of Jose and biebs they have mediocre talent. At some point coaching still helps. Kwan would probably hit .250 on the Twins.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:36 pm Cle won again. Outside of Jose and biebs they have mediocre talent. At some point coaching still helps. Kwan would probably hit .250 on the Twins.
Francona's ejection sparks Guardians: 'He has our back'

“Sometimes things don't go your way,” Guardians catcher Austin Hedges said, “and when you have a leader up top that has your back, those are the situations where you’ve got to go to war, and sometimes it doesn't look good. It's nice to know that he has our back and when things don't go our way, he's going to go stick up for us.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/terry-francona ... ver-angels

Leadership. Leadership matters. This, above the bullpen management and quirky lineup decisions is why that timid little mouse needs to take his Phish posters and his "Live, Laugh, Love" signs off the wall in his office and get the fuck out of town.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i've been impressed with the way the guardians play the game when i've seen them against the twins this season. you can see that they're the more fundamentally sound team. sweeping the series this weekend was just the exclamation point.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

No more excuses for Rocco. I think we've all seen enough. Managing via spreadsheet is not the answer.
Let's get Tropical
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

Fuck Rocco! I wanted that no hitter!!!
Put 'er in the ole vise.
T_J

Post by T_J »

tbgh wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:43 am Fuck Rocco! I wanted that no hitter!!!
What a joke pulling him.

This organization is the biggest piece of shit in all of sports. Fuck the Pohlads. They still hang their hat on a “new” stadium 12 years in. It’s no wonder they’ve won one playoff series in over 30 years.
salamander

Post by salamander »

T_J wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:19 am
tbgh wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:43 am Fuck Rocco! I wanted that no hitter!!!
What a joke pulling him.

This organization is the biggest piece of shit in all of sports. Fuck the Pohlads. They still hang their hat on a “new” stadium 12 years in. It’s no wonder they’ve won one playoff series in over 30 years.
And the only team they could beat in the playoffs was the Billy Beane team that created analytics. :lol: :lol:
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

I saw the pitcher on the news this morning. Poor kid. He should demand a trade.
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

This team should have had a big enough cushion to win the division before the injuries set in. His mishandling of the pitching staff is a big reason they didn't. He lost me when he pulled Berrios in the playoff game a few of years ago. Analytics are fine when used as a tool, but not a bible. You need managerial instinct to go with them. Can him.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

I'll admit that I think Rocco has to go, but Falvine shouldn't be far behind if they don't get this fixed VERY soon.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Trending in Minnesota
Rocco
6,106 Tweets
Spoiler:
populousample

Post by populousample »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:25 pm I'll admit that I think Rocco has to go, but Falvine shouldn't be far behind if they don't get this fixed VERY soon.
Agreed

Another quality start pulled early. 5 innings 70 pitches.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

populousample wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:09 am
Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:25 pm I'll admit that I think Rocco has to go, but Falvine shouldn't be far behind if they don't get this fixed VERY soon.
Agreed

Another quality start pulled early. 5 innings 70 pitches.
They run their organization on the premise of "something bad could happen, we're not going to risk it".
Completely chickenshit way to go about your business.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

He's gotta go. When you go straight analytics and refuse to follow the flow and feel of the game you lose confidence in your team and they lose confidence in the manager. I don't what he's like in the clubhouse but you gotta wonder if they're ready to move on.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'll be more than surprised if the pohlad's clean house--but they should. the injury excuse is going to be played up in an attempt to save jobs. can ownership see through that? too many terrible losses. anyways i found these comments funny on the rocco twitter trending page.

thegoat 80-63
@Beast_playermut
I can not wait to see Rocco Baldelli get fired. Worst manager in baseball. Not even close.

RoccoBaldelliGOAT
@roccoBdelli
Got a double header tomorrow. Pitcher is rolling. 1 freaking hit in 5 scoreless innings. Low pitch count and this doofus pulls him. Our bullpen blows the lead like they do most of the time and the entire bullpen is used up again. Season has been over but it’s officially over tonight. At least we went down with Rocco’s computer. It’s come up clutch all season.

then there's this little exchange that lets you know how the media types are thinking.
Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
Replying to
@johnyNYC
Hear you on Ober. Heard Rocco on radio pregame say he was ready to get to darn near 100 pitches. Taken out at 70 🤦🏻

John Yazbeck
@johnyNYC
18h
Replying to
@DWolfsonKSTP
My sense is the clock is ticking on Rocco's time here ... they have gone overboard trying to protect pitchers and outside of archer the rest of it didn't make any sense

Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
I see Rocco here in 2023.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:32 pm i'll be more than surprised if the pohlad's clean house--but they should. the injury excuse is going to be played up in an attempt to save jobs. can ownership see through that? too many terrible losses. anyways i found these comments funny on the rocco twitter trending page.

thegoat 80-63
@Beast_playermut
I can not wait to see Rocco Baldelli get fired. Worst manager in baseball. Not even close.

RoccoBaldelliGOAT
@roccoBdelli
Got a double header tomorrow. Pitcher is rolling. 1 freaking hit in 5 scoreless innings. Low pitch count and this doofus pulls him. Our bullpen blows the lead like they do most of the time and the entire bullpen is used up again. Season has been over but it’s officially over tonight. At least we went down with Rocco’s computer. It’s come up clutch all season.

then there's this little exchange that lets you know how the media types are thinking.
Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
Replying to
@johnyNYC
Hear you on Ober. Heard Rocco on radio pregame say he was ready to get to darn near 100 pitches. Taken out at 70 🤦🏻

John Yazbeck
@johnyNYC
18h
Replying to
@DWolfsonKSTP
My sense is the clock is ticking on Rocco's time here ... they have gone overboard trying to protect pitchers and outside of archer the rest of it didn't make any sense

Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
I see Rocco here in 2023.
Why, Doogie?

Homeboy doesn't have what it takes. He's a bum.