Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Will Tiger ever win another tournament?

Hornets

Re: Will Tiger ever win another tournament?

Post by Hornets »

I'll sit on the Barcalounger an entire weekend watchin gawlf if Tiger is in the hunt....Phil also!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

It might be time to revisit this topic, sadly.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger- ... in-masters
Tiger Woods’ 2021 season is on hold after he announced that he underwent a microdiscectomy procedure on his back to remove a pressurized disc fragment that was pinching a nerve.

He is expected to be sidelined through at least the first two-plus months of the year and will miss both the Farmers Insurance Open and the Genesis Invitational, where he doubles as tournament host.

The operation was brought on by discomfort Woods felt following the PNC Championship in December. Doctors characterized the surgery as a success and expect a full recovery, per Woods’ release, and sources close to Tiger say the hope is he can return to play in time for the Masters, which begins April 8.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Dan33185 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:40 pm It might be time to revisit this topic, sadly.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger- ... in-masters
Tiger Woods’ 2021 season is on hold after he announced that he underwent a microdiscectomy procedure on his back to remove a pressurized disc fragment that was pinching a nerve.

He is expected to be sidelined through at least the first two-plus months of the year and will miss both the Farmers Insurance Open and the Genesis Invitational, where he doubles as tournament host.

The operation was brought on by discomfort Woods felt following the PNC Championship in December. Doctors characterized the surgery as a success and expect a full recovery, per Woods’ release, and sources close to Tiger say the hope is he can return to play in time for the Masters, which begins April 8.
Damn...was hoping for a good solid year of Tiger. :cry:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

This thread was about 5 years premature....the answer is now no from the looks of it.
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:56 am This thread was about 5 years premature....the answer is now no from the looks of it.
I will say No as well. Maybe, just maybe, the Masters in April 2023 is his only chance. Honestly, I wish Tiger and Phil join the Champions Tour and re-kindle the rivalry of the early 2000's. OIf which, I think would be fascinating and bring a larger TV presence to the Champions Tour.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:57 pm
Dan33185 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:56 am This thread was about 5 years premature....the answer is now no from the looks of it.
I will say No as well. Maybe, just maybe, the Masters in April 2023 is his only chance. Honestly, I wish Tiger and Phil join the Champions Tour and re-kindle the rivalry of the early 2000's. OIf which, I think would be fascinating and bring a larger TV presence to the Champions Tour.
I wouldn't be surprised if Phil never plays in the US again, he really burnt some bridges.
~QQ~

Post by ~QQ~ »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:48 pm
WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:57 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if Phil never plays in the US again, he really burnt some bridges.
Phil definitely screwed up. BUT, he still has a chance to explain himself to some imo. Will it be enough? I don't know.

Tiger is done. To win requires a shit ton more than he's ever going to have over 4 days.
-teets
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Tiger is now embarrassing himself and he either needs to retire or he needs to get healthy enough so he can play more tourneys. For him to think he can just show up at the major tournaments and compete shows his ego is still sky high....until now anyway. There is no shame in retiring if your body won't let you play, and as much as I'd hate to see it maybe now is the time to call er quits. Doubt he'll ever consider becoming a regular on the senior tour because of the ego but it would be fun!