Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Music forum.
cmd24

Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by cmd24 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am

It's well documented we all have our favorite genres. BUT, I bet it's safe to say that we also all have some albums outside of that genre that we really dig. For example, I generally lean towards all things rock, but absolutely hate punk music. Certainly not a knock on the music itself, and I totally get that there are bands that I get in to, that have some roots in punk music. That said, one album that I absolutely love, that I generally would run far away from, is Rancid's "...And Out Come the Wolves." Love it from start to finish. Another example would be Adele's "21" album. I generally don't care for something like that, but it's really good.

Do you guys have anything, off the wall, that you really like?
Fuck Rudy Luther and Susan.

Tony Bongwater

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Tony Bongwater » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm

cmd24 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am
It's well documented we all have our favorite genres. BUT, I bet it's safe to say that we also all have some albums outside of that genre that we really dig. For example, I generally lean towards all things rock, but absolutely hate punk music. Certainly not a knock on the music itself, and I totally get that there are bands that I get in to, that have some roots in punk music. That said, one album that I absolutely love, that I generally would run far away from, is Rancid's "...And Out Come the Wolves." Love it from start to finish. Another example would be Adele's "21" album. I generally don't care for something like that, but it's really good.

Out come the wolves is a great album. You should check out some Social Distortion if you haven't already. Kind of the same thing except a little more Rock and a little less punk.

It's not an album per se, but I'm not a huge fan of growl singers yet I can listen to Opeth all day. Just great stuff.
Semifinalist 2018 unofficial Froob of the year.

16th Earl of Warwick.

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Not a pop music fan, but P!nk’s “Missundaztood” album is pretty damn good. I actually like her a lot. Lady Gaga too.

Also, not much of a gangsta rap guy, but Ice-T’s “Iceberg” album has always worked for me.
“You don’t sell products, benefits or solutions — you sell feelings.”

- Trump University employee handbook.

cmd24

Post by cmd24 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Tony Bongwater wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm
cmd24 wrote:

Out come the wolves is a great album. You should check out some Social Distortion if you haven't already. Kind of the same thing except a little more Rock and a little less punk.

It's not an album per se, but I'm not a huge fan of growl singers yet I can listen to Opeth all day. Just great stuff.
I have a couple of songs by Social Distortion. I started with I Was Wrong (I am in the wife club, after all), and Story of My Life. I love Mike Ness's voice. Just haven't done a deeper dive in to their catalog.
Fuck Rudy Luther and Susan.

Qman65

Post by Qman65 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:52 pm

"That's like uh, your opinion man"!

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:17 pm

cmd24 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm
Tony Bongwater wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm
cmd24 wrote:

I have a couple of songs by Social Distortion. I started with I Was Wrong (I am in the wife club, after all), and Story of My Life. I love Mike Ness's voice. Just haven't done a deeper dive in to their catalog.
“I Was Wrong” is a great song.
“You don’t sell products, benefits or solutions — you sell feelings.”

- Trump University employee handbook.

Sarge

Post by Sarge » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:30 am

All flavors, and push-ups too

Sarge

Post by Sarge » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:39 am

I play the hell out of a lot of bluegrass when I'm fartin' around at home.

All flavors, and push-ups too

EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:55 am

Lampin'