Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Music forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 8066
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am

Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by cmd24 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am

It's well documented we all have our favorite genres. BUT, I bet it's safe to say that we also all have some albums outside of that genre that we really dig. For example, I generally lean towards all things rock, but absolutely hate punk music. Certainly not a knock on the music itself, and I totally get that there are bands that I get in to, that have some roots in punk music. That said, one album that I absolutely love, that I generally would run far away from, is Rancid's "...And Out Come the Wolves." Love it from start to finish. Another example would be Adele's "21" album. I generally don't care for something like that, but it's really good.

Do you guys have anything, off the wall, that you really like?
Fuck Rudy Luther and Susan.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***

Tony Bongwater
Posts: 6760
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Tony Bongwater » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm

cmd24 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am
It's well documented we all have our favorite genres. BUT, I bet it's safe to say that we also all have some albums outside of that genre that we really dig. For example, I generally lean towards all things rock, but absolutely hate punk music. Certainly not a knock on the music itself, and I totally get that there are bands that I get in to, that have some roots in punk music. That said, one album that I absolutely love, that I generally would run far away from, is Rancid's "...And Out Come the Wolves." Love it from start to finish. Another example would be Adele's "21" album. I generally don't care for something like that, but it's really good.

Do you guys have anything, off the wall, that you really like?
Out come the wolves is a great album. You should check out some Social Distortion if you haven't already. Kind of the same thing except a little more Rock and a little less punk.

It's not an album per se, but I'm not a huge fan of growl singers yet I can listen to Opeth all day. Just great stuff.
Semifinalist 2018 unofficial Froob of the year.

Bernie/Tulsi 2020

User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 8438
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Beef Supreme » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Not a pop music fan, but P!nk’s “Missundaztood” album is pretty damn good. I actually like her a lot. Lady Gaga too.


Also, not much of a gangsta rap guy, but Ice-T’s “Iceberg” album has always worked for me.
“You don’t sell products, benefits or solutions — you sell feelings.”

- Trump University employee handbook.

User avatar
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***
Posts: 8066
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by cmd24 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Tony Bongwater wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm
cmd24 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am
It's well documented we all have our favorite genres. BUT, I bet it's safe to say that we also all have some albums outside of that genre that we really dig. For example, I generally lean towards all things rock, but absolutely hate punk music. Certainly not a knock on the music itself, and I totally get that there are bands that I get in to, that have some roots in punk music. That said, one album that I absolutely love, that I generally would run far away from, is Rancid's "...And Out Come the Wolves." Love it from start to finish. Another example would be Adele's "21" album. I generally don't care for something like that, but it's really good.

Do you guys have anything, off the wall, that you really like?
Out come the wolves is a great album. You should check out some Social Distortion if you haven't already. Kind of the same thing except a little more Rock and a little less punk.

It's not an album per se, but I'm not a huge fan of growl singers yet I can listen to Opeth all day. Just great stuff.
I have a couple of songs by Social Distortion. I started with I Was Wrong (I am in the wife club, after all), and Story of My Life. I love Mike Ness's voice. Just haven't done a deeper dive in to their catalog.
Fuck Rudy Luther and Susan.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***

User avatar
Qman65
Posts: 4298
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Qman65 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:52 pm

"That's like uh, your opinion man"!

User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 8438
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Beef Supreme » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:17 pm

cmd24 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm
Tony Bongwater wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm
cmd24 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am
It's well documented we all have our favorite genres. BUT, I bet it's safe to say that we also all have some albums outside of that genre that we really dig. For example, I generally lean towards all things rock, but absolutely hate punk music. Certainly not a knock on the music itself, and I totally get that there are bands that I get in to, that have some roots in punk music. That said, one album that I absolutely love, that I generally would run far away from, is Rancid's "...And Out Come the Wolves." Love it from start to finish. Another example would be Adele's "21" album. I generally don't care for something like that, but it's really good.

Do you guys have anything, off the wall, that you really like?
Out come the wolves is a great album. You should check out some Social Distortion if you haven't already. Kind of the same thing except a little more Rock and a little less punk.

It's not an album per se, but I'm not a huge fan of growl singers yet I can listen to Opeth all day. Just great stuff.
I have a couple of songs by Social Distortion. I started with I Was Wrong (I am in the wife club, after all), and Story of My Life. I love Mike Ness's voice. Just haven't done a deeper dive in to their catalog.
“I Was Wrong” is a great song.
“You don’t sell products, benefits or solutions — you sell feelings.”

- Trump University employee handbook.

User avatar
Sarge
Posts: 1344
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 am

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Sarge » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:30 am

Image
All flavors, and push-ups too

User avatar
Sarge
Posts: 1344
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 am

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Sarge » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:39 am

I play the hell out of a lot of bluegrass when I'm fartin' around at home.

Image
All flavors, and push-ups too

User avatar
EnLiteEndOne
Posts: 7321
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:22 am

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by EnLiteEndOne » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:55 am

Image

Image

Image
Lampin'

Dude
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 am

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Dude » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:03 pm

I'm not a rap/hip-hop guy by any means but Kanye West's Graduation trilogy is fantastic top to bottom.

I mean, the guys' a douche but those albums are great.

User avatar
Qman65
Posts: 4298
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Qman65 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:56 am

"That's like uh, your opinion man"!

User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 8438
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Beef Supreme » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:37 am

EnLiteEndOne wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:55 am
Image

Image

Image
Nick Cave is great. Not super shocked a Tom Waits fan would like him though!

I’m a big “Let Love In” and “Murder Ballads” fan too.
“You don’t sell products, benefits or solutions — you sell feelings.”

- Trump University employee handbook.

Post Reply