**** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
User avatar
shoteh
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by shoteh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 pm

witljon wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:32 pm
Harden sure is a great scorer. I wouldn't call him he best overall in the league but no doubt the best pure scorer.
He's a great player who shoots a lot. He musta took close to 40 shots tonight.
Harden 8-22 from behind the arc
Wolves 10-20 from behind the arc

User avatar
shoteh
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by shoteh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 pm

shoteh wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 pm
Moses, an ok Froob, Scurry wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:03 pm
We never have an answer for teams like this. They play too unconventional and our guys are pretty dumb, doesn't work out too great.
30 attempts from outside at a 50% rate should do it.
HEY!!! we made 50% from behind the arc and won it.

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:06 am

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by jodaman01 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Saunders needs to put this game right at the top of his resume for the end of the season.

User avatar
UnFadeable21
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by UnFadeable21 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Ryan Saunders on Josh Okogie: “we saw him grow up tonight.”

Happy for Josh, he's a had a rough last couple of games. We need him moving forward.

Great team win tonight.

User avatar
witljon
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by witljon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 pm

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 pm
witljon wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 pm
Several players had good games tonight, but no one was better than Towns.
Im very impressed with what he did tonight.
His passing out of the post, especially when teams bring the double, has improved dramatically from last season. He’s getting better and we should all be fucking excited.
I liked how aggressively to took it to the hoop without hesitation and no charge call.

User avatar
LordNu
Posts: 4369
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by LordNu » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 pm

I wonder if any of this gets to Wiggins. I guess we do have connections to Saunders...

User avatar
UnFadeable21
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by UnFadeable21 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 pm

Need the Heat to take care of the Mavericks, Warriors to take care of the Blazers, and Nuggets take care of the Kings.

We can make some serious ground up tonight on all 3 teams.

You all laughed when I said we can still make a push for the playoffs, better start believing!

User avatar
morneaumvp
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by morneaumvp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:50 pm

Great win!!!

NO WIGGINS

NO PROBLEM

User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by Beef Supreme » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 pm

witljon wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 pm
Several players had good games tonight, but no one was better than Towns.
Im very impressed with what he did tonight.
His passing was exquisite. Clearly, the Rockets' plan was to double him. Towns made them pay.


Agreed. Great game by Towns. And he did pretty damn well on defense too. That goaltend was total bullshit. Terrible call.
“You don’t sell products, benefits or solutions — you sell feelings.”

- Trump University employee handbook.

somuchyummy
Posts: 2689
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by somuchyummy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 pm

where's joda tonight so he can point out the many flaws in okogie's game and what a waste of a draft pick he's been?

thinktank
Posts: 5639
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by thinktank » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 pm

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:32 pm
YBBR wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:30 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 pm
Jeff Teague with 27-12

WOW
Tap water Teague found the hot water handle.
Yep. Why can’t we consistently get this Jeff Teague? I prefer him to the Teague who passes up open 3s and throws guys grenades with 3 seconds on the shot clock.
He can’t get himself traded anymore and now he’s back in rhythm.

User avatar
morneaumvp
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by morneaumvp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:11 pm

somuchyummy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 pm
where's joda tonight so he can point out the many flaws in okogie's game and what a waste of a draft pick he's been?
He is taking his pills as we speak to try and forget Okogies block on Harden

User avatar
flexbuffchest
Posts: 11611
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by flexbuffchest » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Loved this game.

Image
salamander wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm
YES!!! WE GOT 3 NOBODIES AND A BAG OF CHIPS, I mean 2nd rounder!!!

User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by Beef Supreme » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:17 pm

One more point on Towns. It's a small thing, but a sign he's maturing.


I've seen him get called for a hook with his off arm when he pivots around a guy in the post. That's an easy call for the ref and a blatant offensive foul.

He did a similar move tonight, but kept both hands on the ball when he did it. I'm not sure if under the rules that's legal, but I know that it's almost never called. I guess it's a "veteran trick." You can get away with a bit of a hook with your elbow so long as that arm is still holding the ball. He got a layup, I think on Nene doing it out of a post-up.

Maturation.
“You don’t sell products, benefits or solutions — you sell feelings.”

- Trump University employee handbook.

User avatar
Beef Supreme
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Location: House of Representin'

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by Beef Supreme » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Lightning wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:33 pm
Beef Supreme wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 pm
It’s weird to sing the defensive praises of a player who’s man dropped 42 points, but welcome to the NBA in 2019, I guess.
yeah, he was the only one guarding him all night, kee-fucking-rist .
Oh, stop. He guarded him plenty. Okogie played him great a lot, but Harden is the best offensive player in the game now. You can play him great and he can still score. Harden took it to him a number of times. That's not a slight on Okogie at all. It's how the game is now. The way the game is called now, there's no way to defend a guy like Harden for 48 minutes.
“You don’t sell products, benefits or solutions — you sell feelings.”

- Trump University employee handbook.

User avatar
flexbuffchest
Posts: 11611
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by flexbuffchest » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:26 pm

salamander wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm
YES!!! WE GOT 3 NOBODIES AND A BAG OF CHIPS, I mean 2nd rounder!!!

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:06 am

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by jodaman01 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 pm

somuchyummy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 pm
where's joda tonight so he can point out the many flaws in okogie's game and what a waste of a draft pick he's been?
Commented the whole game.

Okogie played good....finally.

Great team win. Bigger surprise was Teague, he played like a floor general at the end......Shocked!!

Need Covington and Tyus back so they can fight like Hell to the end.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:

User avatar
flexbuffchest
Posts: 11611
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by flexbuffchest » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 pm



:o :shock: :bow: :bow: :bow:
salamander wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm
YES!!! WE GOT 3 NOBODIES AND A BAG OF CHIPS, I mean 2nd rounder!!!

User avatar
UnFadeable21
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by UnFadeable21 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 pm

Dario has really played well moving into the starting line up and Taj is great in his new role. He comes in hot and ready to play. He doesn’t need time to warm up.

If Taj wants back next year, I would do 8 million a year for him. He’s a solid back up big.

User avatar
flexbuffchest
Posts: 11611
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by flexbuffchest » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:37 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 pm
Dario has really played well moving into the starting line up and Taj is great in his new role. He comes in hot and ready to play. He doesn’t need time to warm up.

If Taj wants back next year, I would do 8 million a year for him. He’s a solid back up big.
I'd love to bring back Taj and $8 seems like a fine number. Several contenders will probably be after him but at this point in his career I think coming off the bench is his best role.
salamander wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm
YES!!! WE GOT 3 NOBODIES AND A BAG OF CHIPS, I mean 2nd rounder!!!

User avatar
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:05 am

flexbuffchest wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 pm


:o :shock: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Yep. Hallelujah

User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 4572
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by bubu dubu. » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:12 am

I loved Teague taking it to the rim in the final seconds. He could have dribbled the clock out, but for some reason, James and Paul played some defense on him. Teague and Paul seem to have some weird rivalry. Usually guys coming from the same college seem to have a friendly rivalry, but CP and Teague seem to have a real rivalry. Teague gets up for CP3 games. I looked for those two to shake hands at the end of the game...seemed CP was looking Teague's way, but Jeff seemed to look the other way on purpose.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 12905
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by RubeTube » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 am

bubu dubu. wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:12 am
I loved Teague taking it to the rim in the final seconds. He could have dribbled the clock out, but for some reason, James and Paul played some defense on him. Teague and Paul seem to have some weird rivalry. Usually guys coming from the same college seem to have a friendly rivalry, but CP and Teague seem to have a real rivalry. Teague gets up for CP3 games. I looked for those two to shake hands at the end of the game...seemed CP was looking Teague's way, but Jeff seemed to look the other way on purpose.
As bad as people like to hammer him here, he's one of the better PG's this franchise has had.
MAKE FROOB CHAT GREAT AGAIN!!!

Vote Sergeant Rubetube in the 2019 Froob Brackets!

User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 4572
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by bubu dubu. » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:36 am

Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 am
bubu dubu. wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:12 am
I loved Teague taking it to the rim in the final seconds. He could have dribbled the clock out, but for some reason, James and Paul played some defense on him. Teague and Paul seem to have some weird rivalry. Usually guys coming from the same college seem to have a friendly rivalry, but CP and Teague seem to have a real rivalry. Teague gets up for CP3 games. I looked for those two to shake hands at the end of the game...seemed CP was looking Teague's way, but Jeff seemed to look the other way on purpose.
As bad as people like to hammer him here, he's one of the better PG's this franchise has had.
He's fine. A bit of a dumbass, but he can ball. Definitely starter quality for at least half the teams in the NBA.

AnokaCountyGuy
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 am

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by AnokaCountyGuy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:58 am

harden scores 40 pts on 34 shots, hes the greatest scorer ever.
wiggins scores 30 on 20 shots, omg hes the worst in the league

wolves fans.

User avatar
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:16 am

AnokaCountyGuy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:58 am
harden scores 40 pts on 34 shots, hes the greatest scorer ever.
wiggins scores 30 on 20 shots, omg hes the worst in the league

wolves fans.
What a take. :lol:

User avatar
witljon
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by witljon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:03 am

Beef Supreme wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:17 pm
One more point on Towns. It's a small thing, but a sign he's maturing.


I've seen him get called for a hook with his off arm when he pivots around a guy in the post. That's an easy call for the ref and a blatant offensive foul.

He did a similar move tonight, but kept both hands on the ball when he did it. I'm not sure if under the rules that's legal, but I know that it's almost never called. I guess it's a "veteran trick." You can get away with a bit of a hook with your elbow so long as that arm is still holding the ball. He got a layup, I think on Nene doing it out of a post-up.

Maturation.
The refs were letting then play. Towns didn't attempt a free throw list night.

User avatar
Sid Hartman
Posts: 2285
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by Sid Hartman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 am

AnokaCountyGuy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:58 am
harden scores 40 pts on 34 shots, hes the greatest scorer ever.
wiggins scores 30 on 20 shots, omg hes the worst in the league

wolves fans.
Wiggy should never be muttered with Harden’s name...the day Wiggy is engaged into a game like Harden will be a first
Andrew Wiggins fucking sucks...if you defend this clown you don’t know shit about basketball

User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 12270
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by weimy froob » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:37 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 pm
Need the Heat to take care of the Mavericks, Warriors to take care of the Blazers, and Nuggets take care of the Kings.

We can make some serious ground up tonight on all 3 teams.

You all laughed when I said we can still make a push for the playoffs, better start believing!
i'm pretty sure i still thought there was a decent chance to make the playoffs. they certainly weren't mathematically eliminated in february.

HOWL!

SHAFA
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: **** Official Houston Rockets (33-23) vs. MN Timberwolves (26-30) *****

Post by SHAFA » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:15 am

morneaumvp wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:11 pm
somuchyummy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 pm
where's joda tonight so he can point out the many flaws in okogie's game and what a waste of a draft pick he's been?
He is taking his pills as we speak to try and forget Okogies block on Harden
I was dreaming about that block last night and woke up with a mess in my shorts.

Post Reply