2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 7775
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 am

64DegreeWedge wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm
How is it a dirtbag move by the Browns? Assuming you feel this way because Hunt makes more than 99% of the country.

Kareem hunt = top athlete in the world. Was never charged and has been in treatment. Any NFL team has the right to sign him. Just because you don't have money doesn't mean top athletes, who play in a multi billion dollar league, shouldn't make what they deserve.
People aren't ragging on players for the money - they'd just prefer criminals not apply. Get a grip.

j-one
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 am

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by j-one » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:45 am

Plus they employed Greg "Bountygate" Williams until recently as D coordinator and interim HC. Even though he was gone at the end of 2018, he's bad enough to leave dirtbag residue with them into 2019.

User avatar
64DegreeWedge
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:50 am

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by 64DegreeWedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 am
64DegreeWedge wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm
How is it a dirtbag move by the Browns? Assuming you feel this way because Hunt makes more than 99% of the country.

Kareem hunt = top athlete in the world. Was never charged and has been in treatment. Any NFL team has the right to sign him. Just because you don't have money doesn't mean top athletes, who play in a multi billion dollar league, shouldn't make what they deserve.
People aren't ragging on players for the money - they'd just prefer criminals not apply. Get a grip.
They don’t complain about any other field. There are criminals in every field.

Insecurities are the only reason to single out pro athletes
Codeine Cobain

Dude
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 am

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Dude » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:10 pm

64DegreeWedge wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:03 pm
Insecurities are the only reason to single out pro athletes
Can you expound on this a little bit? Am I not allowed to think a person is an asshole and/or an idiot based on their chosen career field? You have to mean something else because that's complete and utter nonsense.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Posts: 7775
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm

64DegreeWedge wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:03 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 am
64DegreeWedge wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm
How is it a dirtbag move by the Browns? Assuming you feel this way because Hunt makes more than 99% of the country.

Kareem hunt = top athlete in the world. Was never charged and has been in treatment. Any NFL team has the right to sign him. Just because you don't have money doesn't mean top athletes, who play in a multi billion dollar league, shouldn't make what they deserve.
People aren't ragging on players for the money - they'd just prefer criminals not apply. Get a grip.
There are criminals in every field.
And when they commit crimes people expect them to be held accountable. In every field.

Thanks.

Simpson Get Lifted
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Simpson Get Lifted » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Yeah sure, when I think of pro athletes, I think to myself, "wow, people want to hold them accountable for crime, and they have money, it's just not fair!".

Only an idiot thinks that's the issue here, or that it's an issue ever. Most reasonable people would be disgusted that pro athletes seem to not be subjected to the same justice everyone else is, BECAUSE they have money.

But, this is HOLLA, and he seems to love defending violence against women. And that's the biggest issue here. Violence against women getting dismissed because, well, he's a talented football player.

User avatar
64DegreeWedge
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:50 am

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by 64DegreeWedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:55 pm

He got cut from his team and he lost out on millions of dollars. You’re talking at least 4 years of endorsements. You’re not qualified to say if someone gets a 2nd chance or not. It doesn’t mean the team that signed him is a “dirtbag franchise” this is a business and signing high risk players is +ev.

If you want to turn this into a moral issue you’re a pseudo.
Codeine Cobain

User avatar
PurpleHaze
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by PurpleHaze » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:39 pm

64DegreeWedge wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:55 pm
He got cut from his team and he lost out on millions of dollars. You’re talking at least 4 years of endorsements. You’re not qualified to say if someone gets a 2nd chance or not. It doesn’t mean the team that signed him is a “dirtbag franchise” this is a business and signing high risk players is +ev.

If you want to turn this into a moral issue you’re a pseudo.
Are you trying to say a team's image isn't important? Look at two completely different situations, Ray Rice and Kapernick.

Does Hunt deserve a second chance? After watching the video it's clear he shouldn't be banned but to say a team shouldn't get any flack for the signing is ridiculous and makes you look stupid. You are a coward who just wants to stir the pot.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Simpson Get Lifted
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Simpson Get Lifted » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:42 pm

64DegreeWedge wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:55 pm
He got cut from his team and he lost out on millions of dollars. You’re talking at least 4 years of endorsements. You’re not qualified to say if someone gets a 2nd chance or not. It doesn’t mean the team that signed him is a “dirtbag franchise” this is a business and signing high risk players is +ev.

If you want to turn this into a moral issue you’re a pseudo.
Oh, I'm qualified to say whether or not I think someone is a quality person, and anyone that goes after a woman is not a quality person. Period.

I don't care that a franchise is giving him a 2nd chance, that's their prerogative, that shit happens all of the time if they're good enough. That's the shit you should be questioning, not the woe is me thug that made a few million less because of his own actions. Fucking moron.

User avatar
PurpleHaze
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by PurpleHaze » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Simpson Get Lifted wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:42 pm
64DegreeWedge wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:55 pm
He got cut from his team and he lost out on millions of dollars. You’re talking at least 4 years of endorsements. You’re not qualified to say if someone gets a 2nd chance or not. It doesn’t mean the team that signed him is a “dirtbag franchise” this is a business and signing high risk players is +ev.

If you want to turn this into a moral issue you’re a pseudo.
Oh, I'm qualified to say whether or not I think someone is a quality person, and anyone that goes after a woman is not a quality person. Period.

I don't care that a franchise is giving him a 2nd chance, that's their prerogative, that shit happens all of the time if they're good enough. That's the shit you should be questioning, not the woe is me thug that made a few million less because of his own actions. Fucking moron.
It's a lost cause, that moron has a real difficult time with logic.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 16164
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by RubeTube » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:55 am

.
"Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do" -Kirk Cousins

30 Tds 10 Ints 4298 yds passing 70.1 cmp% 99.7 QBR (Set NFL Record)

User avatar
Ash Ketchum
Posts: 4553
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Ash Ketchum » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 am

Didn’t Dalvin get in trouble for something like this?

We don’t seem to care about that.

Simpson Get Lifted
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Simpson Get Lifted » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:55 am

Ash Ketchum wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 am
Didn’t Dalvin get in trouble for something like this?

We don’t seem to care about that.
Cook was found not guilty, the allegations were disputed by eyewitnesses, and I'm not aware of any video that would show differently. But, if there were, I'm not sure where you would get the idea that no one seems to care.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 16164
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by RubeTube » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:15 am

Ash Ketchum wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 am
Didn’t Dalvin get in trouble for something like this?

We don’t seem to care about that.
Supposedly he had animal cruelty too.

Hunt gave a shove and a harmless kick to someone who called him the N word and rushed him.

Hmmm....
"Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do" -Kirk Cousins

30 Tds 10 Ints 4298 yds passing 70.1 cmp% 99.7 QBR (Set NFL Record)

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 16164
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by RubeTube » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:28 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuJgecOyk8&t=123s[/youtube]

Chuck breaks this situation down.
"Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do" -Kirk Cousins

30 Tds 10 Ints 4298 yds passing 70.1 cmp% 99.7 QBR (Set NFL Record)

User avatar
Hector
Posts: 1631
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:06 am

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Hector » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:57 am

2019 NFL Draft: NCAA all-time sack leader reportedly disinvited from NFL combine
By John Breech
CBS Sports Writer
15h ago • 1 min read
If Jaylon Ferguson wants to improve his draft stock, he's going to have to do it without attending the NFL combine.

According to NFL.com, Ferguson's invitation to the combine has been rescinded after a background check on the former Louisiana Tech star showed that he had once been convicted of simple battery. Ferguson's run-in with the law came during his freshman year in college after he was involved in a fight at a local McDonald's.

Although Ferguson was one of the 338 players who originally received an invite to the combine, that number is now down to 337 since he won't be attending.

Under NFL policy, a player can be disinvited from the event "if a background check reveals a conviction of a felony or misdemeanor involving violence." Ferguson is still eligible to be drafted, he's just not allowed to attend the combine, which runs from Feb. 26 to March 4 in Indianapolis.

The NFL's policy on violence is why Mississippi State defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons and Colorado State receiver Preston Williamsweren't invited to the combine. Ferguson and all players who get invited to the combine are forced to agree to a background check as part of accepting the invite. During Ferguson's background check, the NFL also discovered that he had been charged with public intoxication while in college.

Although the league discovered two red flags, there's a chance that teams will be willing to overlook them, and that's because Ferguson had one of the most decorated careers of any pass rusher in NCAA history. During his four years at Louisiana Tech, Ferguson set the NCAA record for most sacks with 45, which broke Terrell Suggs' old record of 44.

Ferguson is currently projected to go anywhere from the late first round to the second or third round of the NFL Draft. In his latest mock draft, CBSSports.com senior NFL writer Pete Prisco actually has Ferguson being selected in the first round. To see where Prisco has him landing, be sure to click here.






So now here's the question... Ferguson did roughly the exact same thing as Everson Griffen exept his altercation isn't with cops and he was uninvited to the combine. Does he deserve a shot?

Public intoxication and assault.
Last edited by Hector on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oriole81
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Oriole81 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:30 am

Coming into convo late here, but I think it's pretty clear that the market has spoken, and nobody seems to care about this stuff...and that's okay.

*Kareem Hunt was let go moreso because he lied about the situation. Had he been upfront and accepted whatever punishment the team/league decided on (or at least be honest while appealing), he's still a Chief.

*Ray Rice situation is nothing special or different. He served his time and is a free agent that can be signed at any time by any team, and is eligible to play on Day 1. The fact that no team has decided to sign him because his skill set is diminished is just a market reaction, and that's fine. It's not like the league banned him for life, they just let the market dictate the situation just like has been the case for every other subsequent situation.

*The "image problem" that these supposedly cause is only relative to the extent that advertisers start pulling out on teams or the league, season ticket holders stop renewing in mass, or players start determining that they no longer want to play for organizations that employ guys like this. None of those seem to be happening and they would have by now if they were going to, so the team's really don't have that big of an image problem. It's a couple of days of harassment from reporters, until they move on to the next "hot take."

That's my take.
2018 Alltime NBA Draft Regular Season Winner
Championship Runner Up

PG: Walt Frazier, Alvin Robertson
SG: Michael Jordan, Sam Jones
SF: Julius Erving, Elgin Baylor
PF: Dave Cowens, Connie Hawkins
C: Wes Unseld, Bill Laimbeer

Oriole81
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Oriole81 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:01 am

Hector wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:57 am
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Az&ampcf=1

So now here's the question... Ferguson did roughly the exact same thing as Everson Griffen exept his altercation isn't with cops and he was uninvited to the combine. Does he deserve a shot?

Public intoxication and assault.
I'd have no issue with the Vikes still looking at him.
The combine is an NFL sponsored event, so they're fine to set their own policies separate from the teams. But I guess it does kind of make sense that the league wouldn't want even a small distraction at the combine when they're trying to cram so much into such a small window of time. They want the dialogue to be just about football.

They know he'll have his pro day still and teams will have an opportunity to discuss this with him, so it's far from a significant decision for someone that is already so highly thought of. The combine is meant to be just one part of the entire draft process for players to market themselves, so this is not a statement that the league doesn't want him.
2018 Alltime NBA Draft Regular Season Winner
Championship Runner Up

PG: Walt Frazier, Alvin Robertson
SG: Michael Jordan, Sam Jones
SF: Julius Erving, Elgin Baylor
PF: Dave Cowens, Connie Hawkins
C: Wes Unseld, Bill Laimbeer

User avatar
Hector
Posts: 1631
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:06 am

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Hector » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:28 am

Oriole81 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:01 am
Hector wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:57 am
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Az&ampcf=1

So now here's the question... Ferguson did roughly the exact same thing as Everson Griffen exept his altercation isn't with cops and he was uninvited to the combine. Does he deserve a shot?

Public intoxication and assault.
I'd have no issue with the Vikes still looking at him.
The combine is an NFL sponsored event, so they're fine to set their own policies separate from the teams. But I guess it does kind of make sense that the league wouldn't want even a small distraction at the combine when they're trying to cram so much into such a small window of time. They want the dialogue to be just about football.

They know he'll have his pro day still and teams will have an opportunity to discuss this with him, so it's far from a significant decision for someone that is already so highly thought of. The combine is meant to be just one part of the entire draft process for players to market themselves, so this is not a statement that the league doesn't want him.
I posted the story (still trying to master links from my phone).

I get what you're saying, this is more of a question for the rubes. What is the cut off on their tolerance for stupid behavior?

Kids or women are off limits to me, but I also want to see due diligence and not just a life ruined based on heresay. Fights happen in bars, and it's not always a person starting one that finishes one...dumb but college age crap like this happens quite often.

User avatar
DonaldDouchebag
Posts: 6882
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 am

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by DonaldDouchebag » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 pm

64DegreeWedge wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm
B-Town wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:38 pm
64DegreeWedge wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:30 pm
That's a bad miss. Observational speaking you're more likely to be a trump guy than me. Your argument is consistent with being pissed off at players for taking knees.

There is no troll attempt. This kind of shit happens everywhere, in every field. I'm not going to single out athletes because they deserving make more than 99% of all Americans. They deserve to be paid. Hunt is losing out on a shit load of money, he is being punished.
Incorrect. People who have Assault on their record have trouble finding work, which Hunt would have if he weren't a celebrity. And he isn't losing money. His salary, under his Browns contract, is higher than it would have been on his rookie deal with KC. Even if he's suspended for the first 6 games of 2019, he'll likely make more money. You should probably do a bit of research before posting.
He doesn’t have assault on his record. No criminal charges and he’s not going to face any. He’s top 1% in a billion dollar industry. Rich ppl have access to more resources.

His contract this year doesn’t make up for what he lost out on this year lol. Not to mention any endorsement deals. So that’s pretty fucking stupid.

You’re racist, so you think hunt is stupid and should work a McDonald’s job. That’s the only thing that makes sense here. You’re not some humanitarian. You don’t care about other dirtbags. Just talented ones who are black and play football. Interesting.
Yeah! If you have a problem with a guy who beats women you're racist!
Rising Stars MVP

User avatar
salamander
Posts: 5703
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by salamander » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 pm

B-Town wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 am
The Browns have jumped out to an early lead by signing Kareem Hunt. It was a surprising move to some, but I believe they plan to use him at the K position, which makes more sense.

Anything they can do to fortify their lead dog status? What can the Vikings do to get their hat in the ring?

Discuss.
We still have Cooks on this team.
I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, as long as you're with me.
---------------
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 16164
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by RubeTube » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm

The “Do Gooders” here really believe the NFL is doing this as some kind of “Stance”. They don’t give anymore of a shit than I do. It’s about dat Feta aka Dem Deniros.
"Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do" -Kirk Cousins

30 Tds 10 Ints 4298 yds passing 70.1 cmp% 99.7 QBR (Set NFL Record)

Simpson Get Lifted
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Simpson Get Lifted » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm
The “Do Gooders” here really believe the NFL is doing this as some kind of “Stance”. They don’t give anymore of a shit than I do. It’s about dat Feta aka Dem Deniros.
I know your posts are 95% troll on this forum, but the NFL is doing what as some kind of "stance"? Remember, your defense of this guy amounts to:

A. He didn't hit her hard enough. Not because he didn't want to hurt a woman, only because he basically missed.

B. She called him a name, so that's justification enough for a tough football player to attack a woman.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 16164
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by RubeTube » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Simpson Get Lifted wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm
The “Do Gooders” here really believe the NFL is doing this as some kind of “Stance”. They don’t give anymore of a shit than I do. It’s about dat Feta aka Dem Deniros.
I know your posts are 95% troll on this forum, but the NFL is doing what as some kind of "stance"? Remember, your defense of this guy amounts to:

A. He didn't hit her hard enough. Not because he didn't want to hurt a woman, only because he basically missed.

B. She called him a name, so that's justification enough for a tough football player to attack a woman.
Man or woman, you have the balls to say something racist to someone, I don't feel bad for what comes back at you.

I also don't troll. This is me Simpson. 100% Teh Tube.
"Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do" -Kirk Cousins

30 Tds 10 Ints 4298 yds passing 70.1 cmp% 99.7 QBR (Set NFL Record)

Post Reply