Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2017-18 Gopher BB Thread

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: 2017-18 Gopher BB Thread

Post by HeHateMe »

Ask Not wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:28 am Holy Shit, did Teague negotiate a terrible deal for an unproven coach. The buyout numbers gave Pitino all the leverage.
Pretty much.. his buyout after 15-16 was like 7 mil... and people wanted him out! :lol: The buyout right now is 4.1 mil.... and they're still needing like 50-60 mil for the facilities..... ouch.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 am
Ask Not wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:28 am Holy Shit, did Teague negotiate a terrible deal for an unproven coach. The buyout numbers gave Pitino all the leverage.
Pretty much.. his buyout after 15-16 was like 7 mil... and people wanted him out! :lol: The buyout right now is 4.1 mil.... and they're still needing like 50-60 mil for the facilities..... ouch.
Yep. He's here for another year for sure.
Muss Jr. would be my top choice. He's also coached in the NBA but can also show an ability to recruit and win in college unlike JB.
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Ask Not wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:11 pm
Muss Jr. would be my top choice. He's also coached in the NBA but can also show an ability to recruit and win in college unlike JB.
I don't think you could go wrong with either guy.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 pm

I hope neither of those two end up being the HC. I don't think JB has any kind of a chance. Coyle is smarter than that.

Muss is a decent HC but such an unlikable prick. I'm sure there will be all sorts of options by this time next year so making a list now isn't very valid.

I like Ben Jacobson the most. And if I'm going for a no experience, local guy. I want Trent Tucker. By nice if we could pry Tim Miles away too.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:38 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 pm

I hope neither of those two end up being the HC. I don't think JB has any kind of a chance. Coyle is smarter than that.

Muss is a decent HC but such an unlikable prick. I'm sure there will be all sorts of options by this time next year so making a list now isn't very valid.

I like Ben Jacobson the most. And if I'm going for a no experience, local guy. I want Trent Tucker. By nice if we could pry Tim Miles away too.
Omg, Trent Tucker? Tim Miles ain't happening within the conference.

Jacobson, Mussleman and Bickerstaff all would be great hires.