Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post a picture of your ride

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Post a picture of your ride

Post by Mandatory »

Wish I had a late 90's Thunderbird. V8
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:23 pm Wish I had a late 90's Thunderbird. V8
If I was to go with the T-Bird as a daily driver, I'd go with a 2002-2005 one.

Actually, skip the 2002 one. It had a lower-hp engine than the 2003-2005 ones. All were V8, rear-wheel-drive convertibles.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

The Lizard King wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:22 am
Mandatory wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:23 pm Wish I had a late 90's Thunderbird. V8

Actually, skip the 2002 one. It had a lower-hp engine than the 2003-2005 ones. All were V8, rear-wheel-drive convertibles.
That engine was dog shit though. At least in terms of reliability.

I had the Lincoln LS, which is the same 3.9L V8. That thing ate through ignition coils like you wouldn't believe and had a ton of electrical demons too.
The Lizard King

Cobey wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:01 am

I had the Lincoln LS, which is the same 3.9L V8. That thing ate through ignition coils like you wouldn't believe and had a ton of electrical demons too.
Good to know. I'm always perusing CL for convertibles, and I'll cross this one off my list.

What do you think of the Chrysler Crossfire convertible, especially one with a manual transmission?

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

The Lizard King wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:24 am

Good to know. I'm always perusing CL for convertibles, and I'll cross this one off my list.

What do you think of the Chrysler Crossfire convertible, especially one with a manual transmission?

I have no personal experience with Mopar products, so I can't speak to this on the same level. Aesthetically, I do dig that more than I used to though. I recall thinking it was hateful looking when it came out, but it has grown on me.

As far as American convertibles go from around that era, I am a fan of the Saturn Sky. But they are kind of tough to find.
The Lizard King

Cobey wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:31 am

I have no personal experience with Mopar products, so I can't speak to this on the same level. Aesthetically, I do dig that more than I used to though. I recall thinking it was hateful looking when it came out, but it has grown on me.

As far as American convertibles go from around that era, I am a fan of the Saturn Sky. But they are kind of tough to find.
I like the front end better on the Pontiac Solstice.

Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

The Lizard King wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:37 am

They're the same chassis, just with different badges and body, right? That is another car that has grown on me over time too.
The Lizard King

Cobey wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:39 am
The Lizard King wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:37 am

They're the same chassis, just with different badges and body, right? That is another car that has grown on me over time too.
Yes. I just like the body for the Solstice better.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

saw something like this today with collector plates. it wasn't mint-but it was nice. probably a 1968 or 1969. the pic is of one from 1968.

The Lizard King

weimy froob wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:12 pm saw something like this today with collector plates. it wasn't mint-but it was nice. probably a 1968 or 1969. the pic is of one from 1968.

I'm partial to the 1966 Pontiac Catalina.

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

#BaltimoreStrong
The Lizard King

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:20 pm Image
Are Range Rover/Land Rover's reliable? I don't have one because I don't trust them much.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

The Lizard King wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:22 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:20 pm Image
Are Range Rover/Land Rover's reliable? I don't have one because I don't trust them much.
I had a 1993 Discovery circa mid 2000s. It was very unreliable. Spent about half the time I had it in the shop.

#BaltimoreStrong