Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers vs. Penn State

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Gophers vs. Penn State

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:26 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:23 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:09 pm I got the Paquio fight going tonight so i didn’t see it. A win is a win. They are not beating many teams playing like this though.
No, they got saved by an animal half from Murphy. But we almost never win these so we are ahead of the game.

As I was saying to my buddies who aren't basketball guys yesterday. When we play well we are good. When we don't we get crushed. Well for once we didn't. Good sign? I don't know. But the hope is that with a lot of youth we will learn and get better as a team. Learn our roles. And maybe someone can step up and take the "leader" spot that Coleman just won't take.

I still think we are a tourney team. Not really sure it's better for us long term as an NIT rin would help more. But sure would be nice to get a game.
I've heard the youth excuse used about this team before...i.e., just give them time to grow.

Is this team actually that young when compared to other teams though?

they start 2 seniors and a junior.
I don't think youth is an excuse here. He's got four guys now from his tourney team two years ago. Stockman/Hurt/Stull have been around the block. Obviously the freshmen are freshmen but with Curry and Washington could easily start over Oturu and Kalscheur at this point.

I think a team can use youth as an excuse when the majority of your team/production from your team is 1st and 2nd year players. At this point, that's just not the case. Pitino's really bad team Murphy/McBrayer's freshman year was mainly underclassmen besides Joey King and Carlos Morris. I think he had Dorsey, McBrayer, Murphy, Konate, Diedhiou, Mason -- freshmen/sophomores. Even the team the next year had one senior plus two juniors who played a lot otherwise it was Coffey/Curry/Murphy/McBrayer too. No youth excuse this year, RIchard himself said it's the most talented squad! I think looking back most would pick the 16-17 team that had Springs, Mason and Lynch with the key guys on the team this year too.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.