Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ideal PG for this roster

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Ideal PG for this roster

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:53 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:51 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:49 pm

This.

We were bent over the table and fucked hard in the Butler deal.
I don't think so.
Fultz or their pick should of been added at the least.

Clippers got a better haul for Tobias Harris for F's sake.
Tobias > Butler

Which guy do you think Philly wants to keep after this year?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:58 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:51 pm
I don't think so.

Tobias > Butler

Come on man, you really like Harris more? I'm not one who believes Butler is all that either.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:59 pm

Tobias > Butler

Come on man, you really like Harris more? I'm not one who believes Butler is all that either.
Going forward, it's not even close who I would keep if I'm running Philly.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:00 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:59 pm
Tobias > Butler

Going forward, it's not even close who I would keep if I'm running Philly.
Well definitely on the age.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Jeff Teague ain’t it. Tyus ain’t starter material.

Draft a PG!!
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
T_J

Post by T_J »

Kyrie - find a way to carve out the space

Yes I know he's a moron and he's not coming here. It'd be a good fit though with Towns. They both get unlmited shots a night, surrounded by Cov, Okogie, Saric...whoever as perfect role players who don't need to "have the ball in their hands to be effective."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:15 am Kyrie - find a way to carve out the space

Yes I know he's a moron and he's not coming here. It'd be a good fit though with Towns. They both get unlmited shots a night, surrounded by Cov, Okogie, Saric...whoever as perfect role players who don't need to "have the ball in their hands to be effective."
Was thinking the exact same thing. We were pursuing him when Thibs was here apparently. But unless Toronto is involved, no chance to move Wiggins. I guess the Charlotte thing makes a bit of sense too.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:18 am

Was thinking the exact same thing. We were pursuing him when Thibs was here apparently. But unless Toronto is involved, no chance to move Wiggins. I guess the Charlotte thing makes a bit of sense too.
Slow day at work here, just was looking at salaries. I think we could sign him if Teague opted out and we moved Gorgui. That's about $35m, which I think is what Kyrie would get on a max. Look at me, master capologist.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:23 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:18 am

Slow day at work here, just was looking at salaries. I think we could sign him if Teague opted out and we moved Gorgui. That's about $35m, which I think is what Kyrie would get on a max. Look at me, master capologist.
You are a great basketball.
T_J

Post by T_J »

T_J wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:06 am What will D'angelo Russell get this summer? He'll be a RFA.
:(
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

We got him:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

T_J wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:41 pm
T_J wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:06 am What will D'angelo Russell get this summer? He'll be a RFA.
:(
Russell is a great pnr PG too, some good points per possession numbers when running pnr and that was without a ultra talented center who shoots 42% from 3 and takes the drop coverage away from the defense. FUCK YOU GOLDEN STATE!
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

memyworld wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:15 pm We got him:
Man! Great Move!!

WE COMIN’!!

:roll:
salamander

Post by salamander »

Why is Tyus not good enough to be a starter? I like him. He can distribute, he can defend. He's been one of the best off the bench PG's in the league. (To clarify, that's not counting starters) I get that his shot needs to get better but he's a solid player and better than a bunch of starting PG's in the league.

I get it, he's not sexy and he doesn't put up flashy numbers but he's solid in most areas of the game. Why can't he be our starter?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
j2j

Post by j2j »

salamander wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:08 pm Why is Tyus not good enough to be a starter? I like him. He can distribute, he can defend. He's been one of the best off the bench PG's in the league. (To clarify, that's not counting starters) I get that his shot needs to get better but he's a solid player and better than a bunch of starting PG's in the league.

I get it, he's not sexy and he doesn't put up flashy numbers but he's solid in most areas of the game. Why can't he be our starter?
When did he learn to defend?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Tyus can’t shoot. I don’t want to pay 9.4 million per year for a PG that can’t shoot.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:00 pm Tyus can’t shoot. I don’t want to pay 9.4 million per year for a PG that can’t shoot.
Sounds familiar.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

this technically shouldn't be in the "ideal PG" thread - but as concerns the signing today of tyrone wallace, i like it. mgmt seems willing to move when something interesting pops up - rather than play the waiting game and let it get away. and, yes, it's just tyrone wallace. but it sure looks like minny is moving on from tyus - they saw the clippers waive a good sized PG today who plays great defense, and they decisively moved on it. maybe he might not make the roster - but maybe - he does offer something at the PG spot we currently don't have - size and D.

and yeah, he can't shoot either. but that's why these back end of the bench players are where they're at - they're imperfect.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:15 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:00 pm Tyus can’t shoot. I don’t want to pay 9.4 million per year for a PG that can’t shoot.
Sounds familiar.
I mean, are you talking about Wallace? He was picked up off waivers and is making almost nothing.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:26 pm
Sounds familiar.
I mean, are you talking about Wallace? He was picked up off waivers and is making almost nothing.
Tyus
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:12 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:08 pm Why is Tyus not good enough to be a starter? I like him. He can distribute, he can defend. He's been one of the best off the bench PG's in the league. (To clarify, that's not counting starters) I get that his shot needs to get better but he's a solid player and better than a bunch of starting PG's in the league.

Tyus is a stealer. Not quite the same as a defender. We need defenders. Physical defenders.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

thinktank wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Sounds familiar.
Tyus
I mentioned Tyus can't shoot and he said "sounds familiar." Familiar to who? I was wondering who he meant by that. Did he mean the team in general or a specific guy? No big deal.
j2j

Post by j2j »

irishman89 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Tyus is a stealer. Not quite the same as a defender. We need defenders. Physical defenders.
Correct, and guys that can switch multiple positions without being extremely overmatched.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

And shoot.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Tyus
I mentioned Tyus can't shoot and he said "sounds familiar." Familiar to who? I was wondering who he meant by that. Did he mean the team in general or a specific guy? No big deal.
i would assume "sounds familiar" just means that we've had lots of guys here over the years who haven't exactly been Deadeye Dicks. if you have to go back to Wally to talk about great wolves shooters....
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:44 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Tyus
i would assume "sounds familiar" just means that we've had lots of guys here over the years who haven't exactly been Deadeye Dicks. if you have to go back to Wally to talk about great wolves shooters....
That's probably what he meant I agree. That's why I don't want to match the Tyus offer. 9.4 million per year is too much for a guy who can't shoot really at all. His career 3pt% is 33.3%. That's well below league average. His career TS% is 51.5%, also well below league average. In this NBA your guards need to be able to hit open 3's. Tyus doesn't do that well enough imho. His 3pt rate also dropped significantly this season as well, so it seems like he may have lost confidence in his shooting too.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sounds familiar.
No I meant Rubio = PG who can't shoot on a hefty contract.

:lol:
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 pm Jeff Teague ain’t it. Tyus ain’t starter material.

Draft a PG!!
bump for 20/20 obvious posterity sake...