Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
thinktank

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by thinktank »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:20 pm
thinktank wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 pm Alright, now that that’s all settled when can we get a drink?

HHM, you can’t come. You live too far to drive home.
I'll stick to Jamebo's pub crawls in Northeast with Vendetta, J2j, DFC and you know who.
Awww, you do care about my feelings!

:thumbsup:
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:20 pm
thinktank wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 pm Alright, now that that’s all settled when can we get a drink?

HHM, you can’t come. You live too far to drive home.
I'll stick to Jamebo's pub crawls in Northeast with Vendetta, J2j, DFC and you know who.
:lol:
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
T_J

Post by T_J »

Geezus Christ guys.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:24 pm Geezus Christ guys.
Gonna be a long off-season.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Stats don't even cover most of his impact, including steals/deflections/all around hustle and will to win.

Someone tell Wiggins, this is what a MAX player looks like. :lol:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Wiggins doesn't think about though. If he has an open shot he's taking it. Not my words.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i still think the raptors/wiggins thing is worth exploring. (wiggins and teague for lowry and powell).

kawhi very likely could leave.

raptors might blow it up because they're forever stuck in the 2nd round.

wiggins is canadian - and the raptors are going to need SOMETHING to hitch to their marketing post once everything comes crumbling down. plus, they might see actual hope in wiggins game as per the final month of the season. he IS the player of the four in this trade who has the potential for the best future, weird as that sounds.

lowry has looked super mortal in the playoffs and they still owe him $33M next year.

they are seriously dismayed about the production they've gotten out of norman powell since signing him to a 4 yr/$40somethingM deal. so they are nearly as dissatisfied with a SG/$ situation as we are - and would welcome a change.

hmm.

from our end, getting powell for the next 3 years isn't ideal - but he's infinitely less of a klugefest at $10M a year than wiggins at $27M per year. it opens up our cap considerably. plus it entirely chucks the totem pole dynamic here of wigs first/everyone else second. a SG trio of okogie/powell/reynolds would get PT entirely based on how well each is playing. and wouldn't that be nice for a change?

as for the teague/lowry swap, who cares? we'll have exchanged one last year of contract vet PG for another.

i like it! make the call as soon as the raptors get eliminated. good. glad i can check that off the to do list.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

My cousin just saw Andrew Wiggins in ATL airport coming back to Mpls. Took a picture outside Longhorn restaurant in the terminal
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 pm My cousin just saw Andrew Wiggins in ATL airport coming back to Mpls. Took a picture outside Longhorn restaurant in the terminal
Did he look sleepy?
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:18 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 pm My cousin just saw Andrew Wiggins in ATL airport coming back to Mpls. Took a picture outside Longhorn restaurant in the terminal
Did he look sleepy?
Lol kind of
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

No player has been more coddled than Andrew Wiggins. He's such a loser. 150 million dollar loser but still a loser.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:28 pm No player has been more coddled than Andrew Wiggins. He's such a loser. 150 million dollar loser but still a loser.
Kirk cousins
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:31 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:28 pm No player has been more coddled than Andrew Wiggins. He's such a loser. 150 million dollar loser but still a loser.
Kirk cousins
Kirk has at least put up excellent numbers on good efficiency. Andrew's stats are just inflated by opportunity while clanking 56% of his shots and doing little else. At least I know Kirk gives a crap. No one can say that about Maple...what's the opposite of Maple Jordan? Maple Oden? Maple Bennett? Maple Bowie?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I'd say give Wiggins one more time to show if he can do it. If you want to move him, move him and #10 for Beal. Otherwise I want to keep him instead of taking these fake bad deals like Dion Waiters, Olynik back or Batum back.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:27 pm I'd say give Wiggins one more time to show if he can do it. If you want to move him, move him and #10 for Beal. Otherwise I want to keep him instead of taking these fake bad deals like Dion Waiters, Olynik back or Batum back.
They are not giving you Beal :lol:

Do you not get it? Wiggins has negative trade value.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:27 pm I'd say give Wiggins one more time to show if he can do it. If you want to move him, move him and #10 for Beal. Otherwise I want to keep him instead of taking these fake bad deals like Dion Waiters, Olynik back or Batum back.
The Wizards would laugh hysterically. You realize that right? Really. A top 20 player for the 10th pick in a mediocre draft and a bad player on a terrible deal? Look at that from Washington's POV man. I'm not even trying to be a jerk but come on.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Rosas just saying what he needs to say, Wiggs is a goner as soon as a half decent deal materializes
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:01 pm
Truly despicable, they need to start fining this dummy for continuing to shoot these twos
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:44 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:31 pm
Kirk cousins
Kirk has at least put up excellent numbers on good efficiency. Andrew's stats are just inflated by opportunity while clanking 56% of his shots and doing little else. At least I know Kirk gives a crap. No one can say that about Maple...what's the opposite of Maple Jordan? Maple Oden? Maple Bennett? Maple Bowie?
Watch your mouth. David Bowie was awesome.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Timberwolves new POBO, Gersson Rosas, on why developing Andrew Wiggins makes more sense than trading him:

“The reality is this: If I go out on the market to get a player, I’m not going to find a player that’s got a bigger upside than Andrew.”
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:29 pm Timberwolves new POBO, Gersson Rosas, on why developing Andrew Wiggins makes more sense than trading him:

“The reality is this: If I go out on the market to get a player, I’m not going to find a player that’s got a bigger upside than Andrew.”
Rosas should be fired immediately if he believes that.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:31 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:29 pm Timberwolves new POBO, Gersson Rosas, on why developing Andrew Wiggins makes more sense than trading him:

Me and Rosas see basketball clearly, you obviously need to

Learn the game
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Upside being the key word. He never said he couldn't find better players. ;)
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:42 pm

Upside being the key word. He never said he couldn't find better players. ;)
5 godawful seasons in and banking on some upside. Timberwolves basketball everyone!!!!!
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

I actually believe Rosas meant what he was saying about Wiggins.

I personally believe Wiggins will be here next season and will be given every opportunity to succeed.

Not happy about it, but I’m just trying to accept an almost foregone conclusion.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

What the fuck was he supposed to say about him?

Saying he has upside is a sneaky way of saying he's been a disappointment. I'm not sure what else he could say.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:09 pm What the fuck was he supposed to say about him?

Saying he has upside is a sneaky way of saying he's been a disappointment. I'm not sure what else he could say.
Ding ding ding!
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
salamander

Post by salamander »

Can we just stick him on the bench? If he starts getting hot you play him more for that one game.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.