Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by jodaman01 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:37 am Haha, like anyone would be mad if wiggins became an all-star and stud. Oh no, my favorite team is good!!!! Unlike the Thibs and Butler jihadists, we want them to succeed, just doubt it will happen.
I was referring to national media, but if a byproduct is silence from some in this thread......well that would be the cherry on top.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

At least he's going up against someone like Ben Simmons in workouts and not a bunch of nobodies.

Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

memyworld wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:57 pm At least he's going up against someone like Ben Simmons in workouts and not a bunch of nobodies.

"Huge season ahead for Wiggins." Sweet, we've heard this in the past, and he comes through every time :roll:
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Ben Simmons was defending him? Holy crap, how did Wiggs even score?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Ben Simmons is a great defender, but it's pickup ball in the summer.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I think the media just needs to STFU about Wiggins and his little YMCA workouts. We don't need to be told he's going to have a good season, his lazy ass needs to prove it over the course of an NBA season. Not at the Y, not during the pre-season, not for a game or 2 in December or after they are eliminated from the playoffs. No more excuses for him. He's an adult being paid a ridiculous amount of money to be a star. Time to earn it.
Last edited by jffl_commish on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's get Tropical
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:58 pm I think the media just needs to STFU about Wiggins and his little YMCA workouts. We don't need to be told he's going to have a good season, his lazy ass needs to prove it over the course of an NBA season. Not at the Y, not during the pre-season, not for a game or 2 in December or after they are eliminated from the playoffs. No more excuses for him. He's an adult being played a ridiculous amount of money to be a star. Time to earn it.
I approve of all your Wiggins takes. :thumbsup:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Am I meant to laugh at the twitter post?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:37 am Haha, like anyone would be mad if wiggins became an all-star and stud. Oh no, my favorite team is good!!!! Unlike the Thibs and Butler jihadists, we want them to succeed, just doubt it will happen.
Are you referring to perhaps...Jodaman!?!?!?

That's fair. It's his sixth season. Yes, he is still fairly young at 24 because he came into the league at 19. But it's his SIXTH season. Honestly, I hate this thread. I would prefer not to talk at all about Andrew Wiggins until he is a certified stud or off the team entirely. Whatever.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:58 pm I think the media just needs to STFU about Wiggins and his little YMCA workouts. We don't need to be told he's going to have a good season, his lazy ass needs to prove it over the course of an NBA season. Not at the Y, not during the pre-season, not for a game or 2 in December or after they are eliminated from the playoffs. No more excuses for him. He's an adult being played a ridiculous amount of money to be a star. Time to earn it.
I approve of all your Wiggins takes. :thumbsup:
Same here :clap:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:18 pm Am I meant to laugh at the twitter post?
I think a roll of the eyes and then move on :lol:
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Her

Post by jodaman01 »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:35 pm
Are you referring to perhaps...Jodaman!?!?!?

That's fair. It's his sixth season. Yes, he is still fairly young at 24 because he came into the league at 19. But it's his SIXTH season. Honestly, I hate this thread. I would prefer not to talk at all about Andrew Wiggins until he is a certified stud or off the team entirely. Whatever.
You guys are doing the same bitching I did on Thibbs and Butler, trying to define or assign motive is pathetic.

I am a fan, it wasn’t’t until I realized that Thibbs was hitching his entire job and plan to a fucking piece of shit like Butler that I realized he was the Nowhere Man. Watching him make shit move on top of shit move and gutting this franchise of any assets was too much to take. The mortgaged future for middling team product and the crazed delusional support was just sad. The faster this organization got that shit out of it’s system the better.

Folks need to be thankful for the help I offered in sharing the truth.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Wiggins needs to not touch a basketball til training camp. Dudes burnt.

O.j. mayo was the same way. Didn't enjoy playing because he played too much. Constant basketball is not for everyone. Imagine playing video games 5x more than you do. As much as you like video games, you'd hate the shit out of em if you did that for 6 years.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

It will be interesting to see what the new coaching staff does with Wiggins. They will find the one or two spots on the floor where he's slightly above average and that's where he can shoot from.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

t_wrex wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:21 am Wiggins needs to not touch a basketball til training camp. Dudes burnt.

O.j. mayo was the same way. Didn't enjoy playing because he played too much. Constant basketball is not for everyone. Imagine playing video games 5x more than you do. As much as you like video games, you'd hate the shit out of em if you did that for 6 years.
Wiggins would have to start playing basketball if he needed to take time off to prevent being burned out.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:46 am
t_wrex wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:21 am Wiggins needs to not touch a basketball til training camp. Dudes burnt.

Wiggins would have to start playing basketball if he needed to take time off to prevent being burned out.
Maybe trex is on to something. Wiggins only plays basketball as a break from Fortnite so he doesn't get burned out playing too much.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Really pounding the message that the long two is a bad shot.

No excuses for Wiggins not taking less long twos this year.

Edit:

t. And it’s not something that’s just a suggestion in the NBA anymore
:clap:
Last edited by flexbuffchest on Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:14 pm Really pounding the message that the long two is a bad shot.

No excuses for Wiggins not taking less long twos this year.
This was Andrew's response to this when he was asked about it last winter.

“I don’t think about it too much, to be honest. I just play my game,” Wiggins said. “Really, if the three is open, I’m going to shoot it. The long twos, I’ll shoot it. The layups, I’ll shoot it.”

Ten cent head.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wigs at the 2 full time like I have been telling you noobs for years is coming.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:04 pm

I have been saying it also. Sam Mitchell showed us what Wiggins could do at the 2. He's much better there.

The problem is, they drafted Culver who definitely isn't a 3. Positionless basketball my ass. This team is a mess!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Have you ever played organized basketball? Number positions (1,2,3,4, and 5) have pretty much zero meaning, except for how you run a particular play and maybe who you match up against on defense (which you can change on the fly regardless of position). The PG and C position are the only two positions that have a significant meaning.

Playing off-guard will change nothing. He'll still stand around doing nothing, then ball hog and shoot a long two.

His mentality needs to change, not some fictional number position.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Covington is tough but I think you might negate a lot of his defensive value by playing the 4 a lot. PF is a weak position in terms of talent in the NBA and I'd rather have him focusing on guarding the best wing player on the opposing team.

He might get worn out aginst some of these bigger bodies too. Again I like him as a 3.

Teague/Napier/Culver
Wiggins/Okogie/Culver
Covington/KBD
Dieng/Vonleh/KBD
Towns/Bell

This is currently how I'm leaning on the rotations.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:07 pm Covington is tough but I think you might negate a lot of his defensive value by playing the 4 a lot. PF is a weak position in terms of talent in the NBA and I'd rather have him focusing on guarding the best wing player on the opposing team.

He might get worn out aginst some of these bigger bodies too. Again I like him as a 3.

Teague/Napier/Culver
Wiggins/Okogie/Culver
Covington/KBD
Dieng/Vonleh/KBD
Towns/Bell

Sure hope Culver gets more than 3rd backup at 2 spots with something like 6 mpg.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

mglviks wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:49 pm
YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:07 pm Covington is tough but I think you might negate a lot of his defensive value by playing the 4 a lot. PF is a weak position in terms of talent in the NBA and I'd rather have him focusing on guarding the best wing player on the opposing team.

Teague/Napier/Culver
Wiggins/Okogie/Culver
Covington/KBD
Dieng/Vonleh/KBD
Towns/Bell

Sure hope Culver gets more than 3rd backup at 2 spots with something like 6 mpg.
Culver needs to be in the starting lineup or at least getting starting minutes.

This team is going to be awful this year and you took this guy #6. Let him loose!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Teague/Napier/Culver
Wiggins/Okogie/Culver
Covington/KBD
Dieng/Vonleh/KBD
Towns/Bell

He will. He'll be prioritized over Napier for sure. Maybe use him as a backcourt with Okogie because he's been working on his handles. Two secondary ballhandlers make a primary ball handler? He might even be the backup behind Covington. He'll get minutes.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I think Rosas' plan is to move Wiggins for whatever and have Culver and Okogie battle it out for the 2 guard. People who have watched him in college say he's not quite a primary initiator on the NBA level yet, but maybe he focuses on that and becomes one. It would be nice to start an Okogie and Culver backcourt if they both pan out.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:51 pm

Teague/Napier/Culver
Wiggins/Okogie/Culver
Covington/KBD
Dieng/Vonleh/KBD
Towns/Bell

Culver needs to be in the starting lineup or at least getting starting minutes.

This team is going to be awful this year and you took this guy #6. Let him loose!
Odd.

6th pick the draft. Not 1 promo practice vid from Summer League or anything from workouts or practices here......usually they are all over this shit and giving us exciting footage to get us jacked up.

Not hearing much from our media beat guys either about him destroying the gym.

Must be waiting to surprise us with this monster during training camp.

#freeculver#
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

When Saunders says "I have" liked wiggins at the 2. It could be read as past tense vs validation of where he plans to play him.

Like and prefer him there but we need him at the 3 when roco is our 4.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

mglviks wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 pm When Saunders says "I have" liked wiggins at the 2. It could be read as past tense vs validation of where he plans to play him.

Like and prefer him there but we need him at the 3 when roco is our 4.
I'm better with Wiggins at the 3, then Covington at the 4. Eh....maybe not. RoCo as the starting 4 just doesn't SING to me man.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:07 pm I think Rosas' plan is to move Wiggins for whatever and have Culver and Okogie battle it out for the 2 guard. People who have watched him in college say he's not quite a primary initiator on the NBA level yet, but maybe he focuses on that and becomes one. It would be nice to start an Okogie and Culver backcourt if they both pan out.
Wiggins for a decent 4 would be ideal.
Send him to knicks lord knows they have those.
Portis and Taj for wigs!