Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:09 pm
I remember watching this live. It was amazing
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wigs has hit a couple game winners for us already too. 3 that I can remember for sure.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

here's my wiggins apology. dear andrew, i'm really sorry that it didn't work out the way Bleacher Report called it. In 2015, they wrote a piece predicting who the top ten nba players would be in 2020. and they picked you to be the 2nd best player in the league. I'm sorry that hasn't quite worked out.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

in SI's list of top 100 NBA players for 2019, andrew is wedged right between nicolas batum and brandon ingram at 74. this fall from grace is the number one reason why our team has sucked.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Like Lavine said, he only shows athleticism and crazy dunks in practice like today;

morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:45 am
If they will take that deal. I'm fine with no protections. That's one hell of a deal.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:46 am
If they will take that deal. I'm fine with no protections. That's one hell of a deal.
I wouldn't touch that deal. 2 firsts?? Wow.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:51 am
I wouldn't touch that deal. 2 firsts?? Wow.
We have done so great with all our lottery picks over the year's.

Many stars!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

I gotta wonder if Culver has been held out of Summer League because he is on the table in these talks
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:55 am
I gotta wonder if Culver has been held out of Summer League because he is on the table in these talks
Throw him in too! I don't give a damn!

Rosas is STAR HUNTIN!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

god no. two first picks attached to the wiggins trade just prolongs our andrew pain. i'd rather keep him than do that - especially for a star who's game is based on athleticism - who will be 34 at the end of the contract making $47M his final year. Karl will be at a prime 27 at that time - and we will be hogtied to the teeth with westbrook's ridiculous contract - plus have lost two first rounders that could have cheaply eased the pain - three if culver is thrown in too. big NOPE. a fading westbrook and KAT won't get us anywhere.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:03 am god no. two first picks attached to the wiggins trade just prolongs our andrew pain. i'd rather keep him than do that - especially for a star who's game is based on athleticism - who will be 34 at the end of the contract making $47M his final year. Karl will be at a prime 27 at that time - and we will be hogtied to the teeth with westbrook's ridiculous contract - plus have lost two first rounders that could have cheaply eased the pain - three if culver is thrown in too. big NOPE. a fading westbrook and KAT won't get us anywhere.
Exactly. Getting Russ doesn't line up with what we're doing with the rest of the team. I'd rather gamble on Wiggins being somewhat serviceable. Can't believe I just said that.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

The 2019 version of Drew Hanlen workouts.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

memyworld wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:18 pm The 2019 version of Drew Hanlen workouts.

Let's get Tropical
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wigs still looks hella skinny
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

NotRasho wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:33 pm Wiggins is the most frustrating player I have ever seen. Even if he never improved his shot or handle he should be a very productive player just based on physical advantages. He lacks focus and desire and if he hasnt found a reason to care by now its unlikely he ever will. We arent going to win anything with him, and until hes off the roster hes simply going to delay what we could ultimately become. Dont send picks to move him, but move him for just about anything else asap.
Weren't you sure that he'd be a completely different player once Thibs was gone?
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
T_J

Post by T_J »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:03 am
NotRasho wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:33 pm Wiggins is the most frustrating player I have ever seen. Even if he never improved his shot or handle he should be a very productive player just based on physical advantages. He lacks focus and desire and if he hasnt found a reason to care by now its unlikely he ever will. We arent going to win anything with him, and until hes off the roster hes simply going to delay what we could ultimately become. Dont send picks to move him, but move him for just about anything else asap.
Weren't you sure that he'd be a completely different player once Thibs was gone?
I think it was Jimmy being gone that was going to flip the switch back. Pretty sure the numbers were the same aside from a 2 week hot stretch in April.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

T_J wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:01 am
I think it was Jimmy being gone that was going to flip the switch back. Pretty sure the numbers were the same aside from a 2 week hot stretch in April.
It might have been Jimmy, pretty certain Thibs was mentioned too though. Wiggins is who he is as I have been saying.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

This sums it up beautifully.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:03 am god no. two first picks attached to the wiggins trade just prolongs our andrew pain. i'd rather keep him than do that - especially for a star who's game is based on athleticism - who will be 34 at the end of the contract making $47M his final year. Karl will be at a prime 27 at that time - and we will be hogtied to the teeth with westbrook's ridiculous contract - plus have lost two first rounders that could have cheaply eased the pain - three if culver is thrown in too. big NOPE. a fading westbrook and KAT won't get us anywhere.
Time is ticking to keep KAT happy. Holding out hope in getting the #1 overall pick, and/or drafting a guy or two in the next 2-3 years praying that those players end up being worth a damn, is not going to keep KAT here.

You do what is necessary NOW. Russell Westbrook will always have trade value. If it doesn't work trade him for some draft picks.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:46 pm
memyworld wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:18 pm The 2019 version of Drew Hanlen workouts.

Lefty layup weak
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Culver can already finish better with both hands.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:16 pm
Time is ticking to keep KAT happy. Holding out hope in getting the #1 overall pick, and/or drafting a guy or two in the next 2-3 years praying that those players end up being worth a damn, is not going to keep KAT here.

You do what is necessary NOW. Russell Westbrook will always have trade value. If it doesn't work trade him for some draft picks.
Like what picks... if it's not working out? I don't see his value getting higher as he ages.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Machine2020

Post by Machine2020 »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Like what picks... if it's not working out? I don't see his value getting higher as he ages.
Exactly...IT WON'T.

LOVE AND KISSES.

THE HOOPSGURU :beer:
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:41 pm
Ive never proclaimed faith in wiggins. About the best i have hoped for is returning to where he was prior to his regression the last couple of years. Obviously I believe our system played a role in the regression. But the best I ever hoped to get out of him was solid, not great.
Well, that definitely didn't happen. New coach and he's the same or worse, as I thought.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Machine2020 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:22 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Exactly...IT WON'T.

LOVE AND KISSES.

THE HOOPSGURU :beer:
:o :shock: :love:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Jamebo Jackson

Post by Jamebo Jackson »

Ladies and gentlemen my name is jamebo jackson and I am a ‘shitty fan’ that has utterly given up all hope of Andrew Wiggins ever becoming a valuable player - and I won’t apologize for that. Now, I don’t have time to go through 76 fucking pages - anyone want to give me a brief synopsis on how this one breaks down and who I just pissed off with my prior comment?
Last edited by Jamebo Jackson on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I am that guy.” - Amos Burton