Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
User avatar
morneaumvp
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by morneaumvp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 pm

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 pm
Are we seriously at the point where posters are criticizing Karl Anthony Towns, our best player and top 15 in the league, because he had ONE mediocre game, in order to protect Wiggins, who had ONE good game out of 8? Seriously. It’s embarrassing.
Karl is great but telling the truth that Randle won the game because he scored twice in a row on KAT in the final minute is criticizing?

You and Morneau need to grow up
You throwing KAT under the bus for one bad minute of defense and defending Wiggins under any circumstance. Yea I’m the one who needs to grow up :roll: .You’re sad dude.
:thumbsup:

User avatar
Sid Hartman
Posts: 2449
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Sid Hartman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:48 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 pm


Karl is great but telling the truth that Randle won the game because he scored twice in a row on KAT in the final minute is criticizing?

You and Morneau need to grow up
You throwing KAT under the bus for one bad minute of defense and defending Wiggins under any circumstance. Yea I’m the one who needs to grow up :roll: .You’re sad dude.
When he plays bad, I say he plays bad. I have said over and over we need more from him. The only chance this team has at being great is if he becomes an all star as well with Towns. This is Minnesota, no top tier free agent is coming here even if we have money. It has to be home grown talent to win.

I'm supporting all the Wolves. The Wigs hate is ridiculous. Some on here have wished he would get injured. Yes, he needs to be better and more consistent but to say he's trash, it's flat out not true.
Sorry Wiggy is trash...the advanced stats and eye test show we are better without him on the floor. What does he bring this team that you like?

Is it the contested long twos? The loafing up and down the floor? His sleepy eyes? The lack of showing he even gives a damn?

Only contract worse than his is John Wall’s
Andrew Wiggins fucking sucks...if you defend this clown you don’t know shit about basketball

User avatar
jffl_commish
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by jffl_commish » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:01 am

Just because Andrew has a decent game one out of every ten doesn't mean he isn't trash. He is. Limited effort + extremely low basketball IQ = trash
Let's get Tropical

User avatar
jffl_commish
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by jffl_commish » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:02 am

thinktank wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 pm
jffl_commish wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 pm
Goodbye Andrew. This team is better without you.
Same for Covington.

Good riddance!
I won't go that far on RoCo. I like him. He plays hard and plays solid defense, fills up the stat sheet even if his shot isn't falling. Those are two completely separate players.
Let's get Tropical

thinktank
Posts: 5939
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by thinktank » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:36 am

jffl_commish wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:02 am
thinktank wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 pm
jffl_commish wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 pm
Goodbye Andrew. This team is better without you.
Same for Covington.

Good riddance!
I won't go that far on RoCo. I like him. He plays hard and plays solid defense, fills up the stat sheet even if his shot isn't falling. Those are two completely separate players.
Exactly. Silly to look at one victory without X player and conclude we don’t need X player.
Froobchat = Lots of conservative nutjobs living in the exburbs + some regular folks

User avatar
jffl_commish
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by jffl_commish » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 am

That's an easy inclusion on Wiggins. Hell, just look at his metrics. Low effort, poor defense, horrific shot selection.......
Let's get Tropical

User avatar
kilkenny
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by kilkenny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:48 am

The basketball idiots are out in full force protecting Wiggins I see. :lol:

Just won 2 games in a row without him and looked great. Before that we were 1-6 with Wiggins playing and looked like shit. He took 20 shots per game and hit on 38% of them over those games. :brick: :thumbsdown:

And then they rip on Towns to boot! :lol:
Thrillkill wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
I would trade Towns. Absolutely no doubt.
Image

User avatar
Moses Scurry
Posts: 3468
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Moses Scurry » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 am

Anyone that watched the last two, and be honest. Didn't the ball move much, much better without Wiggins on the floor?

User avatar
memyworld
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 am
Location: Sioux Falls

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by memyworld » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:00 am

Moses, an ok Froob, Scurry wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 am
Anyone that watched the last two, and be honest. Didn't the ball move much, much better without Wiggins on the floor?
Wolves are in the middle of the NBA pack at 24.5 APG (45 FG%). Their last two games?

v. Clippers: 28 (52 FG%)
v. Houston: 31 (54 FG%)

User avatar
kilkenny
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by kilkenny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:06 am

Moses, an ok Froob, Scurry wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 am
Anyone that watched the last two, and be honest. Didn't the ball move much, much better without Wiggins on the floor?
Yep. Wiggins is all about Wiggins. Perfectly suited for more of a 6th man role off the bench.
Thrillkill wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
I would trade Towns. Absolutely no doubt.
Image

User avatar
UnFadeable21
Posts: 3879
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by UnFadeable21 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:07 am

kilkenny wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:48 am
The basketball idiots are out in full force protecting Wiggins I see. :lol:

Just won 2 games in a row without him and looked great. Before that we were 1-6 with Wiggins playing and looked like shit. He took 20 shots per game and hit on 38% of them over those games. :brick: :thumbsdown:

And then they rip on Towns to boot! :lol:
Rose, Taj, and Deng said last night the main factor in this two game win streak is that we are getting healthy as a team. Teague and Rose coming back has been huge instead of the Wolves playing their 5th point guard or a second unit of Cannan, Tolly, Deng, Saric, Gorgi

but hey you know more than the players on the team right? Idiot

User avatar
memyworld
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 am
Location: Sioux Falls

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by memyworld » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am

Image
Sorted by minutes played.

Of the top 13 players in minutes played this season (removed Butler), Wiggins ranks:

#10 in PER
#10 in TS% (True Shooting)
#12 in WS/48 (Win Shares)
#12 in BPM (Box Plus Minus - regarded by some as the most telling advanced metric)
#13 in VORP (Value Over Replacement Player)

#1 in Salary
#3 in Usage

User avatar
T_J
Posts: 2567
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by T_J » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:13 am

Teague and Rose also take high mostly high percentage shots. Wiggins takes horrible shots and is a massive ball stopper.

User avatar
Moses Scurry
Posts: 3468
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Moses Scurry » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 am

Okogie is a "horrific" shooter per Wiggins defenders, TS% is only .01 worse. Omegalulz.

User avatar
kilkenny
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by kilkenny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:06 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:07 am
kilkenny wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:48 am
The basketball idiots are out in full force protecting Wiggins I see. :lol:

Just won 2 games in a row without him and looked great. Before that we were 1-6 with Wiggins playing and looked like shit. He took 20 shots per game and hit on 38% of them over those games. :brick: :thumbsdown:

And then they rip on Towns to boot! :lol:
Rose, Taj, and Deng said last night the main factor in this two game win streak is that we are getting healthy as a team. Teague and Rose coming back has been huge instead of the Wolves playing their 5th point guard or a second unit of Cannan, Tolly, Deng, Saric, Gorgi

but hey you know more than the players on the team right? Idiot
You just blew it! Wiggins went out of the lineup so how are we getting healthier? :lol: Learn the game bozo and get Wiggins dick out of your ass.
Thrillkill wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
I would trade Towns. Absolutely no doubt.
Image

User avatar
kilkenny
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by kilkenny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:06 pm

Moses, an ok Froob, Scurry wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 am
Okogie is a "horrific" shooter per Wiggins defenders, TS% is only .01 worse. Omegalulz.
:lol:
Thrillkill wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
I would trade Towns. Absolutely no doubt.
Image

User avatar
kilkenny
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by kilkenny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 pm

memyworld wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am
Image
Sorted by minutes played.

Of the top 13 players in minutes played this season (removed Butler), Wiggins ranks:

#10 in PER
#10 in TS% (True Shooting)
#12 in WS/48 (Win Shares)
#12 in BPM (Box Plus Minus - regarded by some as the most telling advanced metric)
#13 in VORP (Value Over Replacement Player)

#1 in Salary
#3 in Usage
That VORP number is telling. Combine his usage with those shooting numbers and the result is a disaster.
Thrillkill wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
I would trade Towns. Absolutely no doubt.
Image

User avatar
The Replacements
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by The Replacements » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Can anyone get Wiggins to play with 50% of Okogie's energy and passion?

User avatar
Philo Beddoe
Posts: 1826
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Philo Beddoe » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:42 pm

The Replacements wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:33 pm
Can anyone get Wiggins to play with 50% of Okogie's energy and passion?
Can anyone give Wiggins another cold?

User avatar
witljon
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by witljon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:27 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:07 am
Rose, Taj, and Deng said last night the main factor in this two game win streak is that we are getting healthy as a team. Teague and Rose coming back has been huge instead of the Wolves playing their 5th point guard or a second unit of Cannan, Tolly, Deng, Saric, Gorgi
The main factor in this 2 game win streak is they were home games. I completely disagree with anyone who suggest we won these last 2 games because Wiggins didn't play. The Rockets are 33-24 overall, but only 13-15 on the road. The Wolves are only 27- 30, but are 19-10 at home. The chances are very slim that we win both these game on the road.

User avatar
irishman89
Posts: 1942
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by irishman89 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 pm

In about three seasons, Wiggins will look almost exactly like Carmelo Anthony does today with his game. Black hole. Gotta get his. Goes into moves before looking anywhere else, etc. Poor shooter. Poor shot selection. Wig is even a poor foul shooter with a poor handle at best. Remember when he had that get to the line stuff in his game a couple years back? And he made more? That Wig is gone. Cut your losses yesterday.

User avatar
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:41 pm

irishman89 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 pm
In about three seasons, Wiggins will look almost exactly like Carmelo Anthony does today with his game. Black hole. Gotta get his. Goes into moves before looking anywhere else, etc. Poor shooter. Poor shot selection. Wig is even a poor foul shooter with a poor handle at best. Remember when he had that get to the line stuff in his game a couple years back? And he made more? That Wig is gone. Cut your losses yesterday.
Carmelo Anthony’s first 4 seasons were vastly superior to Andrew Wiggins seasons. And I’m not even a big Melo fan.

User avatar
Moses Scurry
Posts: 3468
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Moses Scurry » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Can anyone provide one piece of statistical evidence that Wiggins is a positive in any shape or form in the NBA? Rising Star MVP's are not stats.

We know it isn't wins or..
Shooting%
TS%
FTA
Win Share
VORP
per36

I'll provide a Froobchat gold star to the first person who can provide such evidence.

User avatar
memyworld
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 am
Location: Sioux Falls

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by memyworld » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm

kilkenny wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 pm
memyworld wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am
Image
Sorted by minutes played.

Of the top 13 players in minutes played this season (removed Butler), Wiggins ranks:

#10 in PER
#10 in TS% (True Shooting)
#12 in WS/48 (Win Shares)
#12 in BPM (Box Plus Minus - regarded by some as the most telling advanced metric)
#13 in VORP (Value Over Replacement Player)

#1 in Salary
#3 in Usage
That VORP number is telling. Combine his usage with those shooting numbers and the result is a disaster.
Exactly. And for reference, only Harden (7.0), Giannis, Jokic, George, Davis, and Gobert (4.3) are ahead of Towns in VORP.

User avatar
irishman89
Posts: 1942
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by irishman89 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:31 pm

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:41 pm
irishman89 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 pm
In about three seasons, Wiggins will look almost exactly like Carmelo Anthony does today with his game. Black hole. Gotta get his. Goes into moves before looking anywhere else, etc. Poor shooter. Poor shot selection. Wig is even a poor foul shooter with a poor handle at best. Remember when he had that get to the line stuff in his game a couple years back? And he made more? That Wig is gone. Cut your losses yesterday.
Carmelo Anthony’s first 4 seasons were vastly superior to Andrew Wiggins seasons. And I’m not even a big Melo fan.
I'm not talking past Wig, or past Melo. I'm talking about pretty near future Wig being the same bum as present Melo.

User avatar
kilkenny
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by kilkenny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 pm

memyworld wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm
kilkenny wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 pm
memyworld wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am
Image
Sorted by minutes played.

Of the top 13 players in minutes played this season (removed Butler), Wiggins ranks:

#10 in PER
#10 in TS% (True Shooting)
#12 in WS/48 (Win Shares)
#12 in BPM (Box Plus Minus - regarded by some as the most telling advanced metric)
#13 in VORP (Value Over Replacement Player)

#1 in Salary
#3 in Usage
That VORP number is telling. Combine his usage with those shooting numbers and the result is a disaster.
Exactly. And for reference, only Harden (7.0), Giannis, Jokic, George, Davis, and Gobert (4.3) are ahead of Towns in VORP.
Can't be. We have these super smart rubes that think we need to trade Towns because he sucks. :shock:
Thrillkill wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
I would trade Towns. Absolutely no doubt.
Image

User avatar
kilkenny
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by kilkenny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:29 pm

witljon wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:27 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:07 am
Rose, Taj, and Deng said last night the main factor in this two game win streak is that we are getting healthy as a team. Teague and Rose coming back has been huge instead of the Wolves playing their 5th point guard or a second unit of Cannan, Tolly, Deng, Saric, Gorgi
The main factor in this 2 game win streak is they were home games. I completely disagree with anyone who suggest we won these last 2 games because Wiggins didn't play. The Rockets are 33-24 overall, but only 13-15 on the road. The Wolves are only 27- 30, but are 19-10 at home. The chances are very slim that we win both these game on the road.
That's the main factor? Well we lost 3 recent home games to the Nuggets, Jazz, and Spurs and they had similar road records. Wiggins changes the way we play on both ends of the court. I believe strongly that he's a negative influence on this team winning. Stats completely prove that.
Thrillkill wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
I would trade Towns. Absolutely no doubt.
Image

User avatar
witljon
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by witljon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:36 pm

kilkenny wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:29 pm
witljon wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:27 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:07 am
Rose, Taj, and Deng said last night the main factor in this two game win streak is that we are getting healthy as a team. Teague and Rose coming back has been huge instead of the Wolves playing their 5th point guard or a second unit of Cannan, Tolly, Deng, Saric, Gorgi
The main factor in this 2 game win streak is they were home games. I completely disagree with anyone who suggest we won these last 2 games because Wiggins didn't play. The Rockets are 33-24 overall, but only 13-15 on the road. The Wolves are only 27- 30, but are 19-10 at home. The chances are very slim that we win both these game on the road.
That's the main factor? Well we lost 3 recent home games to the Nuggets, Jazz, and Spurs and they had similar road records. Wiggins changes the way we play on both ends of the court. I believe strongly that he's a negative influence on this team winning. Stats completely prove that.
Oh, so you actually believe we'd have won both these games if they were away games? Not me!

somuchyummy
Posts: 3107
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by somuchyummy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 pm

the last game andrew played (and he played well), the wolves had 4 guys in double figures and we lost to NOP. kat was a solid 12 of 20 and wiggins a solid 9 of 17. the team as a whole took 90 shots.

then in the next two games with wiggins out - both wins, the wolves took almost the same number of shots each game (91), but the offense came from all across the roster - in both games 7 wolves were in double figures. and that was with both cov and wiggins out. we've got players who can score - it makes no sense to go with just a few of our options. KAT should get the most - he's really efficient, but it makes no sense to have andrew jack up bad % crap when we've got better ways to get it done - and it certainly leaves the defenses less able to predict what's going to happen next.

when wiggins returns, he should be put on some sort of shot limitation. keep moving the ball, keep looking for options, and use your opportunities wisely because, drew, you're just getting 15 cracks at the basket per game. i honestly think it would solve a lot of the problems we have with his bad % and poor shot selections.

User avatar
Moses Scurry
Posts: 3468
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Moses Scurry » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:42 pm

15 too many.

And Dario is the key to the wins, recognize.

Post Reply