Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Butler requests trade -- Butler traded to Philly 11/10 update

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Re: Butler requests trade -- Butler traded to Philly 11/10 update

Post by flexbuffchest »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:59 pm Gotta love him. I mean if you're me or like 2 other rubes.
What is it if I love the player but dislike the guy very, very much?
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I still question how Embiid and Simmons are going to like this set up where they don't see the ball at the end of games. All these guys have egos and want to be the guy that wins it. Guess we'll see in time.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Twitter is all a buzz about Kemba and his 60... I'd rather have the win.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

D_H wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:33 am
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:17 pm I don't think Butler stays with the Sixers. I think he ends up with another team with a max slot for him and a buddy.

Nets have potentially 43 mil on the books right now.

If they can dump Crabbe into someone's salary (attach young guys + picks), that goes down to about 25. Dump Joe Harris and a few of the rookie deals in the Crabbe salary dump... get it down to about 15 mil in salary. You'd have what, 93 million to work with? Butler/Jordan/Kyrie/Leonard/Durant all take 4 year deals for 30+ mil?

Imagine three of those guys plus Allen and Levert.
Actually with just a few minor tweaks Philadelphia can max Butler and have more cap space for another max player. They have positioned themselves very well going forward it appears. Now if he chooses to leave he chooses to leave then the Sixers will have 50 million dollars in cap space going into the offseason. Philly has building blocks of Embiid and Simmons at 24 and 21 that give effort on both sides of the Court that's what Jimmy likes. I have a hunch they will be just fine. :beer:
Oof. Cmon, H&M! You really stepped in it right here.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:25 am Twitter is all a buzz about Kemba and his 60... I'd rather have the win.
I wish I would have had him on my FanDuel team last night. I've been on a cold streak.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Butler requests trade -- Knicks, Nets or Clippers

Post by HeHateMe »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:55 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:53 pm Reusse is throwing out name of Otto Porter...not sure Wizards would do it
I'd be OK with that.

Beal, Wall, Butler, Dwight Howard... what could go wrong there...
Wizards now listening to offers on Beal and Wall? :lol:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Style

Post by Style »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:22 am
Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:53 pm Reusse is throwing out name of Otto Porter...not sure Wizards would do it
I'd be OK with that.

Beal is the catch. From an outside perspective, it appears that Wall might be the source of the continued problems in Washington.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Style wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:37 am

I'd be OK with that.

Beal is the catch. From an outside perspective, it appears that Wall might be the source of the continued problems in Washington.
Wall's contract looks pretty bad. I bet they would trade him for Teague and expiring contracts at this point. Not saying the Wolves should do it, just thinking how massive that contract is.
Wall's contract extension starts in 2019-20, which will average $42 million annually over the next four years.

What further complicates moving Wall is the inclusion of a 15 percent trade kicker in his deal. Wall is a five-time All-Star who has been a favorite of ownership.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:39 am

Wall's contract looks pretty bad. I bet they would trade him for Teague and expiring contracts at this point. Not saying the Wolves should do it, just thinking how massive that contract is.
Wall's contract extension starts in 2019-20, which will average $42 million annually over the next four years.

What further complicates moving Wall is the inclusion of a 15 percent trade kicker in his deal. Wall is a five-time All-Star who has been a favorite of ownership.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/11/1 ... hony-davis
The only star who could potentially become available is John Wall. The Wizards are a disaster; they’re 5-11 and play like they don’t care. The four-year, $169 million supermax deal that Wall signed in the summer of 2017 kicks in next season. But his $19.2 million salary this season, even with a 15 percent trade kicker, is manageable. The Pelicans were willing to give two impact players and a 2019 first for Butler, who could leave in July but came with the risk of signing an extension worth up to $190 million over five years. Could it make sense to offer a stronger package for Wall, who is already locked up for the long term?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

"The Pelicans were willing to give two impact players and a 2019 first for Butler". Guess I never heard that.

Who would the two impact players be?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:50 pm "The Pelicans were willing to give two impact players and a 2019 first for Butler". Guess I never heard that.

Who would the two impact players be?
Mirotic and E'twaun Moore. Not sure I'd call that impactful.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Per the Ringer:
A year and a half after trading for DeMarcus Cousins, New Orleans made an offer to the Timberwolves for Butler headlined by Nikola Mirotic and an unprotected 2019 first-round pick, according to The Athletic. Guard E’Twaun Moore was included in a version of the deal, league sources say. Minnesota wanted guard Jrue Holiday, and the Pelicans refused. League sources say the Wolves demanded an unprotected first-rounder in 2022, which is the earliest year that high schoolers could be allowed to once again enter the draft, meaning that class could have double the top talent. But the Pelicans resisted that too; Butler is in the last guaranteed year of his contract and the Pels likely didn’t want to commit high-value future resources in the event that Davis doesn’t stick around. Minnesota had a deadline in place, so it took Philadelphia’s offer. New Orleans, meanwhile, is still searching for help.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I suggested Mirotic this offseason as he was a Thib player and I thought poorly used by Hoiberg. He's beasting so far but we may have got a cheaper version of him in Saric. E’Twaun Moore dropped 31 on us!!! Max him!!!

That was a pretty good deal with a 1st included but same conference, bleh.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:04 pm I suggested Mirotic this offseason as he was a Thib player and I thought poorly used by Hoiberg. He's beasting so far but we may have got a cheaper version of him in Saric. E’Twaun Moore dropped 31 on us!!! Max him!!!

That was a pretty good deal with a 1st included but same conference, bleh.
It would have been those two plus a pick in the 20s for Butler. Mirotic a free agent next summer and Moore signed for another year as he turns 30 in February. There's a reason why the Wolves asked for an unprotected pick in another couple years.... Davis is leaving. :lol:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

But you're not saying we shouldn't, either... hmmmmmm
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

LordNu wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:11 pm

I wouldn't. You want to pay him almost 50 million in a few years?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:16 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:11 pm

I wouldn't. You want to pay him almost 50 million in a few years?
He is one of the best PG's in the game, I really rate him. Also, it's not my money...
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Teague and wiggins for wall should work salary wise.

Wall
Okogie
RoCo
Saric
Towns
bri

Post by bri »

mglviks wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:42 pm Teague and wiggins for wall should work salary wise.

Wall
Okogie
RoCo
Saric
Towns
The Wizards would need to include at least 2 1st rounders to get out of Wall's ridiculous contract
salamander

Post by salamander »

As big of a jackass as Butler was for doing what he did, he had a point. Are we just going to ignore that?

You know what other NBA stars are going to do in future offseasons? Talk to Butler about MN.
You think that's going to work in our favor?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:00 pm As big of a jackass as Butler was for doing what he did, he had a point. Are we just going to ignore that?

You know what other NBA stars are going to do in future offseasons? Talk to Butler about MN.
No NBA star is signing here by choice. None ever have, none ever will. Next.
Drizzay

Post by Drizzay »

Sounds like Fultz needs shoulder surgery. Glad we avoided that disaster.
Tell your story walkin'!
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:04 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:00 pm As big of a jackass as Butler was for doing what he did, he had a point. Are we just going to ignore that?

That has something to do with the fact we've been the worst NBA team since our inception and that we've had bad management for most of it.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Butler did.

I understand we're in fly over country but on the off chance someone considers it, they will most likely talk to Butler first.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Butler did.

I understand we're in fly over country but on the off chance someone considers it, they will most likely talk to Butler first.
Butler was traded here. He had no choice?....
T_J

Post by T_J »

Geezus Christ. Maybe this thread should be shut down at this point.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Butler did.

You're a moron. He was traded here.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

@jodaaaaa here is another gamer winner for you, 2nd in a week

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Someone show this vid to Wiggins, maybe it will help him see what he is supposed to do.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

Lol rallying to beat the Nets - congrats.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:51 pm @jodaaaaa here is another gamer winner for you, 2nd in a week

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Someone show this vid to Wiggins, maybe it will help him see what he is supposed to do.
Where were you when they got beat by Cleveland on Friday.

I actually wish Butler well now that he’s gone. I have no idea if the Sixers are better with or without him, aren’t the games they have won ones they would have likely won prior to trading for him.

As his legend grows hopefully they pay him and keep him happy in the East. I was just sick of his bs here, will be curious to see how things go if they ever have a losing streak.