Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Woj Bomb! Teague/Graham gone

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
winforlose

Re: Woj Bomb! Teague/Graham gone

Post by winforlose »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:05 pm
winforlose wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 am He is leaving. We just traded a huge expiring asset for salary relief.
Who's leaving? Every contract in this deal expires at the end of the year, so there really isn't salary relief.
You save paying out Graham’s contract. Granted you use the money to sign Martin. My point is they could have waived Graham, signed Martin and had a more valuable trade piece in Teague expiring than Martin expiring. Good teams looking to get deeper for a playoff run would offer more for Teague than Crabbe. It’s like trading a steak for a salad. Both are gone after you eat them, but the steak is more valuable. I wanted Teague gone too, I just wanted something more useful back. Crabbe’s bird rights aren’t that helpful unless you plan to move him again or try to sign him cheap.
Last edited by winforlose on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Hopefully just the prelude to whats next.

More wings yeaaaa
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

j2j wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 pm Lot of people claiming more moves are definitely coming... So could be a fun next couple weeks.
One would think, not sure they have info or are making an educated guess...but where there is smoke.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:02 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:00 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 am

Or sign Kelan Martin as someone mentioned
Martin is fucking garbage as well.
Settle down, spaz.

You got me.
:thumbsup:
populousample

Post by populousample »

Crabbe = Brooklyn connection with “Peroni”
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
j2j

Post by j2j »

winforlose wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm
winforlose wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 am He is leaving. We just traded a huge expiring asset for salary relief.
Who's leaving? Every contract in this deal expires at the end of the year, so there really isn't salary relief.
You save paying out Graham’s contract. Granted you use the money to sign Martin. My point is they could have waived Graham, signed Martin and had a more valuable trade piece in Teague expiring than Martin expiring. Good teams looking to get deeper for a playoff run would offer more for Teague than Crabbe. It’s like trading a steak for a salad. Both are gone after you eat them, but the steak is more valuable. I wanted Teague gone too, I just wanted something more useful back. Crabbe’s bird rights aren’t that helpful unless you plan to move him again or try to sign him cheap.
I'd suspect the potential suitors for Jeff Teague are few and far between.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

winforlose wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm I wanted Teague gone too, I just wanted something more useful back.
That's kinda the thing though, isn't it? Fans tend to overvalue their own roster. It's entirely possible that, after 2.5 years of uneven and uninspiring play, his market wasn't actually worth a whole hell of a lot, even as an expiring.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

What did you expect for an expiring in a year no one really wants space? Just saying.

I sure hope that open spot doesn't go to Martin unless it is after the deadline.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

mglviks wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm Hopefully just the prelude to whats next.

More wings yeaaaa
Pass the WINGS!!!
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

T_J wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:37 am
Catalyst wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:35 am Really addtion by subtraction and looks like we probably aren't done. I just hope RoCo isn't next.
Before the season, I thought we might move him. Now I think we won't unless it's a 1st round pick.

I think we'll make a small move for another ball handler and see what the squad looks like with a poor man's version of its future.

Napier/Ball handler X
Crabbe
Wiggins (barf)
Cov
Towns

I bet they wanna see how this looks with some guys who can actually shoot from 3 while Wiggins and Towns do the playmaking.
No way they sit Culver for Crabbe. I think they didn't have any takers, and just used this as a way to move Graham.
They were playing too many players, and I think this move just opens up minutes. Crabbe may not get to play right away until he learns the system.
Meh move overall.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

At least we won't have to watch Graham get meaningless starts :beer:
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Granted,
Everyone is expiring, so it's not impactful long term....but the fact that I don't have to watch Graham play anymore at all is def worth it. Crabbe is having a down shooting year, but he's absolutely proven he's a good shooter. Surely he'll get a little run to prove himself, but I still wonder what we're doing Roco wise. He's a main piece that's going to land a PG.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

You are greatly overstating Teague's value.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 pm Granted,
Everyone is expiring, so it's not impactful long term....but the fact that I don't have to watch Graham play anymore at all is def worth it. Crabbe is having a down shooting year, but he's absolutely proven he's a good shooter. Surely he'll get a little run to prove himself, but I still wonder what we're doing Roco wise. He's a main piece that's going to land a PG.
Wiggins will land the PG. Ok, maybe that's wishful thinking.
Let's get Tropical
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:35 pm No way they sit Culver for Crabbe. I think they didn't have any takers, and just used this as a way to move Graham.
They were playing too many players, and I think this move just opens up minutes. Crabbe may not get to play right away until he learns the system.
Meh move overall.
Crabbe will totally play. Who else are they gonna start at the 4 once they deal Cov?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Another takeaway from this deal is or FO can keep things quiet.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

His 3 point shooting is back, his assist rate is up, and for a playoff team going to make a serious run he is a good 2nd/3rd option. I am not saying he is worth a first, but maybe a 2nd and a decent backup. Also worth noting that as a package player with Roco he could have been more enticing than Crabbe/Roco package.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:35 pm
T_J wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:37 am
Catalyst wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:35 am Really addtion by subtraction and looks like we probably aren't done. I just hope RoCo isn't next.
Before the season, I thought we might move him. Now I think we won't unless it's a 1st round pick.

I think we'll make a small move for another ball handler and see what the squad looks like with a poor man's version of its future.

Napier/Ball handler X
Crabbe
Wiggins (barf)
Cov
Towns

I bet they wanna see how this looks with some guys who can actually shoot from 3 while Wiggins and Towns do the playmaking.
No way they sit Culver for Crabbe. I think they didn't have any takers, and just used this as a way to move Graham.
Meh move overall.
Well sure, put Culver in the starting lineup in place of Wiggins or if this a lineup down the stretch, put him in for Wiggins then.

My only point being I imagine they want to see how having Cov, Towns, and Crabbe as capable shooting opens up the court more so than Graham, Okogie, etc.

Sort of a test run for how they'd like the team to look in the future.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:36 pm At least we won't have to watch Graham get meaningless starts :beer:
What was the purpose of that??

Does anybody know if Rosas has a history of head injuries?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:50 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:36 pm At least we won't have to watch Graham get meaningless starts :beer:
What was the purpose of that??

Does anybody know if Rosas has a history of head injuries?
Graham wasn’t good but he played within the system.

The purpose was to show the younger guys that if you bust your ass within the system, then you’ll get minutes.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I love that we got rid of the two worst players on the team to watch play. More to come....should be interesting.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:39 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 pm Granted,
Wiggins will land the PG. Ok, maybe that's wishful thinking.
Well in terms of what kind of PG, sure, it's possible. If our play is a guy like DSjr....we can't really give up much for him because he's played so poorly there, the most you could give up is a guy like Okogie, and even he's playing better basketball then DSjr. I think a package of Roco and Dieng for Dlo and change is still a possibility. Dieng has played well enough to warrant some trade chatter, as he's got less than two years on his deal...and Roco has value league wide, but specifically to contenders, which GS will be next year. Naturally, it didn't need to be reported we're going to go after a PG, whether it's now or around draft day, but Wiggins could probably only be in play if we were taking on a silly contract like Westy or CP3. Not saying Wiggins nets those guys, he'd have to be involved salary wise.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:41 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:35 pm No way they sit Culver for Crabbe. I think they didn't have any takers, and just used this as a way to move Graham.
Meh move overall.
Crabbe will totally play. Who else are they gonna start at the 4 once they deal Cov?
I think Crabbe WILL play, just not start over Culver. They are going to force feed minutes down his throat trying to get him ready for next year.
I do hope they move Cov, but not just to trade him. He should ....should bring back a lot more than JT did. I think they are trying to clear out contracts so we can make moves in the next year or two before Towns get frustrated. I would rather move Dieng than Cov. But given RoCo's injury history, he needs to be moved first. (Unless we can dump Wiggins somewhere.)
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Crabbe won't ever suit up here. He's barely played in 2 years due to having one trashed knee. Trashed.

Get ready for DSJ or Aaron Holiday with Wiggins and Covington both gone along the way...my prediction. Rosas knows now moving Wiggins and Teague are the key to keeping Kat happy and building around him for real. I think Kat has personal issues with Teague.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:19 pm
Meh move overall.
I think Crabbe WILL play, just not start over Culver. They are going to force feed minutes down his throat trying to get him ready for next year.
I do hope they move Cov, but not just to trade him. He should ....should bring back a lot more than JT did. I think they are trying to clear out contracts so we can make moves in the next year or two before Towns get frustrated. I would rather move Dieng than Cov. But given RoCo's injury history, he needs to be moved first. (Unless we can dump Wiggins somewhere.)
I hope they don't play Crabbe. Play Nowell over him.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:19 pm
Meh move overall.
Sorry, my statement was just meant as a joke about our trend of starting someone undersized at the position.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I'd like to add it kinda sucks this is the most exciting thing that's happened in about 2.5 months.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm Crabbe won't ever suit up here. He's barely played in 2 years due to having one trashed knee. Trashed.

Get ready for DSJ or Aaron Holiday with Wiggins and Covington both gone along the way...my prediction. Rosas knows now moving Wiggins and Teague are the key to keeping Kat happy and building around him for real. I think Kat has personal issues with Teague.
How are we shedding nearly 50 million in cap space and winding up with Smith or Holiday? :lol:

Are you suggesting a Morris/Portis/DSJ for Wiggins and Okogie?! And what does Covington get moved for if we cleared out the main wing guy we have, at that point you'd keep him and push him down to SF where his shooting and defense have a little more shine.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:23 pm
Sorry, my statement was just meant as a joke about our trend of starting someone undersized at the position.
:irked: :thumbsup:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm
irishman89 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm Crabbe won't ever suit up here. He's barely played in 2 years due to having one trashed knee. Trashed.

How are we shedding nearly 50 million in cap space and winding up with Smith or Holiday? :lol:

Are you suggesting a Morris/Portis/DSJ for Wiggins and Okogie?! And what does Covington get moved for if we cleared out the main wing guy we have, at that point you'd keep him and push him down to SF where his shooting and defense have a little more shine.
Wiggins in NY? Yes please! Comedy gold.