Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

I don’t believe anymore

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

I don’t believe anymore

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I probably one of the most diehard Wolves fan here. Some of us have been here at WC over 10 years, many watching the wolves for over 20 years now.

I’m checked out on this current Wolves team. I haven’t watched the last 3 games and I usually never miss a game.

That 11 game losing streak did it for me. It proved to me a Ryan Saunders was totally clueless on adjustments and knowledge of the game. This offense and defense is a mess. The lineups are just horrible. I don’t believe in the new offensive philosophy.

Great coaches find ways to use their players to their abilities but here they think philosophy trumps everything else.

I’m out on Rosas and Ryan. I’d rather have gone with a basketball guy like Chauncey than these analytics driven nerds like Gersson,
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Re: I don’t believe anymore

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The wolves get out rebounded every game because we chose to play small.

The wolves get out scored every game because we choose to launch shitty 3’s over and over even if it’s not a good look or in the motion of the game.

We play the worst lineup combinations and play 11 or 12 guys a night not settling on a rotation or roles for players so they know what their jobs is.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Style

Post by Style »

Basketball guys, analytics guys, faith guys, medical guys, mechanic guys, zoo guys, it never mattered, this roster was going nowhere.

It's hard for me to watch now too because the roster seems to have reached the dreaded NBA treadmill spot. The last 10-15 years with the exception of a few have provided hope for that high draft pick to hit. Now, it's 10-14th draft picks, and no cap space.

I don't envy Rosas' spot right now.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The whole thing is shit from top to bottom. Don't blame you.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
boo

Post by boo »

I've been around and stayed hopeful through some brutal seasons.

This one seems to be as bad as any I remember. There was just never hope for this team this year, and likely the same for next year. They weren't going to suck enough to get a top pick, they weren't going to be good enough to matter. They don't have assets to get out of this for the next few years (unless they deal towns, which I don't think they can do). They have no cap space, not like that ever matters much for this franchise. They are in an impossible spot and I don't see it changing for the next 2-3 years at minimum.

I am running out of the fake hope I can usually fill myself up with. I don't think prime Jerry West + Popivich could win for this franchise at this point.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

was doing some stat searching after last night's -14 on the boards against the thunder and in light of unfadeable's claim about our bad rebounding - and was wondering if he's right about that or not. seems like we get outrebounded nearly every game - and that's weird because statistically we're the 7th BEST in the league at RPG. so, although it doesn't seem so, we're a top rebounding club? hmm?

no, because we are also the 7th WORST in the league at rebound differential at -2.1. my guess is that there's just a LOT of rebounds in games we play because at least one of the teams is shooting horribly (us) - and you can't help gathering a bunch, even if the opponents gather more.

maybe weirdest of all is that the detroit pistons - with league rebounding champ andre drummond - are, in fact, a really poor rebounding squad - worst in the nba for RPG and 19th in rebounding differential at -1.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

boo wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:35 pm I've been around and stayed hopeful through some brutal seasons.

This one seems to be as bad as any I remember. There was just never hope for this team this year, and likely the same for next year. They weren't going to suck enough to get a top pick, they weren't going to be good enough to matter. They don't have assets to get out of this for the next few years (unless they deal towns, which I don't think they can do). They have no cap space, not like that ever matters much for this franchise. They are in an impossible spot and I don't see it changing for the next 2-3 years at minimum.

I am running out of the fake hope I can usually fill myself up with. I don't think prime Jerry West + Popivich could win for this franchise at this point.
Same. I am used to this team sucking but this year feels so different. I should say that second half of last year I was checked out also.

I think FINALLY having a good year in 17-18 just to watch it all fall apart and go right back to shit is what really took it's toll. Also in years past for me, I always had a guy I liked or there was some optimism about a young player. I can't stand our core "Stars" anymore. Wiggins and Towns are two guys that I'm just over.

I'm a bigger fan of Gopher hoops so at least I have that to entertain me. The sooner Rosas decides to completely blow this up starting with a Towns trade, the better.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:47 pm was doing some stat searching after last night's -14 on the boards against the thunder and in light of unfadeable's claim about our bad rebounding - and was wondering if he's right about that or not. seems like we get outrebounded nearly every game - and that's weird because statistically we're the 7th BEST in the league at RPG. so, although it doesn't seem so, we're a top rebounding club?

no, because we are also the 7th WORST in the league at rebound differential at -2.1. my guess is that there's just a LOT of rebounds in games we play because at least one of the teams is shooting horribly (us) - and you can't help gathering a bunch, even if the opponents gather more.
This is it.

I just pulled the game logs and compared. We have more offensive boards over half the games, 21 to be exact. Defensive was 14 and total was 17. We're +10 on Orebs, -92 on Drebs, and -82 total.

The obvious answer being we have a hell of a lot more opportunities for Orebs because of our shooting.

Also saw a stat that we're "creating" the 3rd most open 3s in the league, we just can't make them. Could be scheme, or could be teams are just packing it in and saying, "go for it".

Add even 1 decent volume 40% 3pt shooter to this team and we'd probably see a spike in our offense. Either he'd hit the open shot, or create better lanes to attack and cut.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:19 pm The wolves get out rebounded every game because we chose to play small.

The wolves get out scored every game because we choose to launch shitty 3’s over and over even if it’s not a good look or in the motion of the game.

We play the worst lineup combinations and play 11 or 12 guys a night not settling on a rotation or roles for players so they know what their jobs is.
If only someone told you this was coming when we were a sham 8-7.

Sky is blue

Water is wet

Taylor is cheap

Missed 3's count 0

An extra 15 missed 3's? Yeah, also zero.

Thrillkil is right.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I made a similar post earlier this season.

Are people still going to the games? I would love to see it be a complete ghost town in the stands. Fuck this team.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:51 pm I made a similar post earlier this season.

Are people still going to the games? I would love to see it be a complete ghost town in the stands. Fuck this team.
It's been a complete ghost town at TC outside of 2017 and a handful of games for almost 2 decades.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

People are “Hinkie”-ing Rosas prematurely.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Said earlier, this team needs a process. Mediocrity rules here for some reason. Roster is horrible. We should be trying to lose every game and looking for good trade partners for anyone not named KAT or Culver...imo.

Not sure where the future talent is coming from but I know there isn't a coach in the world that can make this one a winner.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

The Darkness can help you believe again.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Rosas’s shut it down. He closed the books on the season about a month ago. The directive given to Ryan was play the youth as much as possible and develop the shit out of Culver.

The press push for Culver from FSN and Wolves Marketing has been on full overload, basically Rosas trying to sell the fanbase on his pick. Now over the coming weeks we should get a hard sell on Naz and then Nowell.

They are throwing KAT’s, Wiggins and Covington’s seasons out the window.

Rosas is likely now lowering his sights and will likely fail at getting anything for Teague and Covington at the deadline that will give us hope in the form of a Vet PG for help lead KAT and the rest of the Team next season.

Rosas hands are a bit tied due to lack of assets, but he failed to help himself or the Team in the last draft by not landing Garland or White or standing pat and taking Clarke.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:47 pm The Darkness can help you believe again.
Fuck, yeah. Satan!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I still tune in nearly every game. Not always live unless I’ve truly got nothing going though. I think I blew through the OKC game in under 90 mins.

I can’t just skip it entirely. It’s the one sport I actually care about that takes place during a time of the year where there routinely isn’t shit to do outside, so...
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Lol why did any of you have winning aspirations this year? Rosas will be a 3 year plan go achieve his vision. Y'all knew that. Yeah it sucks to lose but we have been losing since 89. Only way to right the course is the Prosas. If you are all that but hurt over thia year then go volunteer to be a youth coach and get your fix there in the meantime since so many of you think you can turn this franchise around in less than 1 calendar year.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:31 pm I still tune in nearly every game. Not always live unless I’ve truly got nothing going though. I think I blew through the OKC game in under 90 mins.

I can’t just skip it entirely. It’s the one sport I actually care about that takes place during a time of the year where there routinely isn’t shit to do outside, so...
Same. Except I hate watching recorded sports. I have to experience that shit live! Although blasting through the game in 90 minutes sounds nice.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
j2j

Post by j2j »

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:48 pm
SHAFA wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:31 pm I still tune in nearly every game. Not always live unless I’ve truly got nothing going though. I think I blew through the OKC game in under 90 mins.

Same. Except I hate watching recorded sports. I have to experience that shit live! Although blasting through the game in 90 minutes sounds nice.
It’s definitely a change. On one hand you tend to find yourself focusing on certain things/players because you’re essentially cutting out the majority of replays or pointers from Jim Pete, but at other times you might find yourself focusing too much on one thing and missing something else entirely. In those cases I’ll flip back myself if I feel like I did.

I’ll still do my best to watch some of the bigger games live, but non-essentials...yeah...I’ll record and zip through.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:11 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:47 pm The Darkness can help you believe again.
Fuck, yeah. Satan!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I'm the opposite....this is the first time we have some actual assets in place to acquire whatever vision is wanted. We've had three "stars" since KG.....not counting KAT of course. Love forced his way out, Jimmy punched his way out, and Ricky never developed fully for Thibs to keep him around. KAT is not even at his prime and is in year one of his max deal, he has no leverage to do anything but ball out. We're a scoring PG away from being a completely potent team. Yeah, we're getting railed over because we're playing philosophy over than playing to strengths, but we all know that half the team will not be here next season, we know Rosas has to add shoot and and a scoring PG. I've like this season more than most because we have the ammo to get those things, we have KAT locked up for his entire prime....I don't know if Saunders is the real deal, but we've got until July to trade for a PG and draft some shooting. Covington has value and can be dealt, Teague is an expiring that will turn into something, Oke and Culver are guys on the table for the right price and Dieng has played himself into a desirable asset that is looking at 2021 as the most premier FA market ever in the NBA. We have pieces that can add shooting around KAT and a PG that can make teams pay in PnR with KAT. Wiggins is earning his paycheck right now, adding a scoring PG who can shoot from deep is going to change this team so much, I can't help but be intrigued. It's just a matter of it being mid Feb or July 1st.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

The Wolves are going to limp to the end of the season. Twins fever is spreading wildly. No sign that KAT is near. When KAT checks back in, I'll tune in on a more focused level.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I thought this thread was Unfadeable spouting off something about Santa Claus.
j2j

Post by j2j »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:36 am I thought this thread was Unfadeable spouting off something about Santa Claus.
I was hoping it was. Would have been more interesting.

Style

Post by Style »

j2j wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 am
kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:36 am I thought this thread was Unfadeable spouting off something about Santa Claus.
I was hoping it was. Would have been more interesting.
:lol:
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Shit I can breeze through a game in an hour. Fast forward through free throws and that really cuts down your time.

This season is shot, but let’s see what happens next year. I wanna see this teams capabilities with the right players. We have a lineup currently that doesn’t match playing style. Give it a year and I think things can get better
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Yeah Fade, I'm with you. Been struggling to watch a whole game. I WISH we were tanking, then we would have a plan.

Funny, I just read this this morning and thought about this thread. Hope it explains the plan.....(Didn't for me)

http://www.startribune.com/q-amp-a-with ... 566993112/

"A: I love the passion, good or bad, that comes with the territory. And I invite it. I want the fans to know that we feel their pain, and it’s why we’re doing what we’re doing. We’re not going to do the short-term fix. We’re not going to cut corners to get a win here, a win there"

I only hope he's right, because unless a Zion 2.0 comes along, the end of the KAT era will probably end my interest.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:28 am Yeah Fade, I'm with you. Been struggling to watch a whole game. I WISH we were tanking, then we would have a plan.

Funny, I just read this this morning and thought about this thread. Hope it explains the plan.....(Didn't for me)

http://www.startribune.com/q-amp-a-with ... 566993112/

"A: I love the passion, good or bad, that comes with the territory. And I invite it. I want the fans to know that we feel their pain, and it’s why we’re doing what we’re doing. We’re not going to do the short-term fix. We’re not going to cut corners to get a win here, a win there"

I only hope he's right, because unless a Zion 2.0 comes along, the end of the KAT era will probably end my interest.
The end of the Kat era is at the end of this dip shit 3 year plan.

Everyone on board with wasting more years of the end of Kat's time here and then losing him for pennies on the dollar or nothing is another dip shit who doesn't have to explain why they are on board with the idiot's plan. Idiots always follow idiots.