Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

College Playoffs

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
jffl_commish

College Playoffs

Post by jffl_commish »

It's almost here. Who do you have in?

Assuming no more losses tonight:

1) LSU vs 4) Oklahoma
2) Ohio St vs 3) Clemson

Oklahoma makes it and LSU jumps back up to #1
Let's get Tropical
weimy froob

Re: College Playoffs

Post by weimy froob »

i can't argue with that bracket. once again a four team playoff format proves to be the exact number. somebody had to be added to the unbeatens-oklahoma's fine at number 4. i think somebody's going to have to beat the champ to be the champ though.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Oklahoma/Baylor game was very good, at least the 4th and on. The freshman QB for Baylor that came in is going to be a stud.
Let's get Tropical
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

It'll be LSU/Oklahoma so they can hype Hurts playing an SEC team again.

You have to wonder about what happens if he doesn't go to Oklahoma. Are the Sooners good enough to beat Baylor twice without him?
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:17 am It'll be LSU/Oklahoma so they can hype Hurts playing an SEC team again.

You have to wonder about what happens if he doesn't go to Oklahoma. Are the Sooners good enough to beat Baylor twice without him?
Hurts definitely helped them be able to get to CFP. Guy is a winner.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i see clemson's a two point favorite. also can't believe the story i read this week where the championship game won't be on the sixth-but on the thirteenth. how could they have screwed that up?
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Well I did want Ohio State to win because they are Big 10, but I have since learned that because they are gopher opponents, I know want them to all be sacrificed and eaten by a first contact tribe in the Amazon.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

national champion will be undefeated this year.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

That Joe Burrow fella is pretty good.
Let's get Tropical
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

So far, these games suck
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

clemson spots OSU 16 points and then outscores them 29-7 to get to the championship game again. holding them to red zone FGs in the first half was key. hard to say if that was a fumble or incomplete pass-called a fumble on the field though.

i figured you would have to beat the champ to be the champ. i really like that clemson program-don't know if they're going to repeat though. and can someone explain how they messed up the date of the championship game? i skimmed thru an article that said it won't happen again-just don't know how it happened this year.
Style

Post by Style »

LSU/Clemson should be a heck of a game. Great QB play. Love to see it in a college final.

Let's goo!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Style wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:20 pm LSU/Clemson should be a heck of a game. Great QB play. Love to see it in a college final.

Let's goo!
hurry up and wait-game isn't until jan 13th. kids practicing for another week-making their season longer than any nfl team that doesn't make a playoff run. game should have been played on the sixth. no excuses for this screw up.
Style

Post by Style »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:34 pm
Style wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:20 pm LSU/Clemson should be a heck of a game. Great QB play. Love to see it in a college final.

Let's goo!
hurry up and wait-game isn't until jan 13th. kids practicing for another week-making their season longer than any nfl team that doesn't make a playoff run. game should have been played on the sixth. no excuses for this screw up.
Yeah, not sure what the deal is? I thought it was always the Monday after? Some fluke stadium availability issue?

I think the extra week gives Clemson the advantage. I think this because I believe Dabo >>> Orgeron in terms of game planning/scheming. We'll see how it turns out, but I think the extra week gives a less talented Clemson team a better chance of beating a superior talented LSU.

My gut is all over on my pick. I'm leaning Clemson right now. Burrow is so good though. Will be fun!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Report: College football's officiating coordinator says Ohio State's fumble return TD shouldn't have been overturned
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

This year's LSU team may be the single greatest college football team of all time. 7 wins against the top 10, destroyed #s 3 and 4 in the playoffs, and I believe they set the record for most points scored in a season. Pretty incredible for a coach who was run out of Mississippi.