Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
YBBR

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by YBBR »

If you're at all knowledgeable about basketball you watch him play and what he does on the court now vs. The loafing that used to be passed off as Wiggins' play. It is drastically different. For the benefit of the team. A lot of the 2nd tier players after Karl and Andrew have taken a step back or are not performing to their capabilities.

That has hurt the most. Covington comes to mind.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sipping some sangria wine on motherfucking Wiggins' island!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:27 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:00 pmdp
Just an FYI. You can delete these now when you go in to fix your posts.....it offers you a chance to delete your post. You can delete them if nobody has responded to it.

It used to drive me crazy when I ended up hitting the submit button a few to many times. :thumbsup:
thanks, i'll give it a try.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

YBBR wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:13 pm If you're at all knowledgeable about basketball you watch him play and what he does on the court now vs. The loafing that used to be passed off as Wiggins' play. It is drastically different. For the benefit of the team. A lot of the 2nd tier players after Karl and Andrew have taken a step back or are not performing to their capabilities.

i think joda has a point about cov being misused and checking out. still, it only helps his career if he plays well and hurts it when he sucks. i'm seeing more warts on josh this year too - maybe because i expected nothing out of him last season and he was a pleasant surprise.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:06 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:13 pm If you're at all knowledgeable about basketball you watch him play and what he does on the court now vs. The loafing that used to be passed off as Wiggins' play. It is drastically different. For the benefit of the team. A lot of the 2nd tier players after Karl and Andrew have taken a step back or are not performing to their capabilities.

i think joda has a point about cov being misused and checking out. still, it only helps his career if he plays well and hurts it when he sucks. i'm seeing more warts on josh this year too - maybe because i expected nothing out of him last season and he was a pleasant surprise.
His offense is not where it needs to be. His shot as come around some at times. Just hitting the open 3. He's forcing a lot of things on that end. Not necessarily in a volume sense just reading situations. His defense is still really solid. Okogie that is.

Cov's shot selection has just been not my favorite. He should be hit more in transition for his 3's. He also needs to be hit in cutting situations in the half court. He doesnt feel comfortable handling and trying to create as much as he does playing off others. He looks really good when he plays with Karl, because KAT always has eyes on him and usually rewards his cutting with some easy buckets.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:06 pm i'm seeing more warts on josh this year too - maybe because i expected nothing out of him last season and he was a pleasant surprise.
I love Okogie, but my expectations for him have always been Corey Brewer-ish. He's a ball of kinetic energy; a goddamn pest with a nose for the ball and a reckless streak that I don't expect to be reigned in. He can easily be a solid contributor off the bench but, like Cov, he's not being utilized correctly.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I think Roco is taking bad shots because he’s trying to generate offense for himself and that’s never been his strong suit.

He’s good at picking and pop, motion running to the corner for a 3. Right now he’s trying to dribble and shoot and that’s something he’s never been good at.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

10 for 27 shooting tonight and -20 +/- by far the worst on the team, against a shitty Warriors squad. :lol:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:27 am 10 for 27 shooting tonight and -20 +/- by far the worst on the team, against a shitty Warriors squad. :lol:
He had a good month and it's back to shit.

This team has no one on roster with any heart.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:55 am
morneaumvp wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:27 am 10 for 27 shooting tonight and -20 +/- by far the worst on the team, against a shitty Warriors squad. :lol:
He had a good month and it's back to shit.

This team has no one on roster with any heart.
Wait, I thought brutha Wiggins turned it around? :lol:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

wiggins numbers the last 10 games have still been good. it's not like he's fallen off a cliff.

24.7/5.0/2.9 with .8 steals and 1.2 blocks.

but he's not a game changer - he's a second or third guy who completely depends on others to lead the charge or to set the tone of a game. much of his damage in the past ten games has come when the game's already been decided. he's definitely not a heart and soul guy who rallies his troops to win.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:47 am wiggins numbers the last 10 games have still been good. it's not like he's fallen off a cliff.

but he's not a game changer - he's a second or third guy who completely depends on others to lead the charge or to set the tone of a game. much of his damage in the past ten games has come when the game's already been decided. he's definitely not a heart and soul guy who rallies his troops to win.
His percentages haven’t been good over that stretch.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:51 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:47 am wiggins numbers the last 10 games have still been good. it's not like he's fallen off a cliff.

44% from the field - 91 of 209. i think he's been heading south 3wise though. just checked - 33% from three - 22 of 66. so he's just down one percentage point overall from his season mark - and actually up 2/10s of a percent from three. regardless - it's pretty much in line with what he's been doing all year.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:35 pm
thinktank wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:51 pm

44% from the field - 91 of 209. i think he's been heading south 3wise though. just checked - 33% from three - 22 of 66. so he's just down one percentage point overall from his season mark - and actually up 2/10s of a percent from three. regardless - it's pretty much in line with what he's been doing all year.
Here’s a flaw with your logic here.

You’re saying he’s down just so and so from his season average but the season average includes this recent poor stretch.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

true dat. and i'll leave it to you to parse thru his stats to find out what he was doing prior to the 10 game stretch.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:48 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:06 pm i'm seeing more warts on josh this year too - maybe because i expected nothing out of him last season and he was a pleasant surprise.
I love Okogie, but my expectations for him have always been Corey Brewer-ish. He's a ball of kinetic energy; a goddamn pest with a nose for the ball and a reckless streak that I don't expect to be reigned in. He can easily be a solid contributor off the bench but, like Cov, he's not being utilized correctly.
He's so frustrating...where is the nose to the grindstone guy? The guy who said he wants to be the best two way player in the league?

He's best when he's creating offense by getting steals or blocks, and assigned defensively to the opponents best perimeter player...instead, he is spotting up in the corner for a three, and often looks lost on defense.

He should either be guarding the opposing ball carrier up the court every time, or shadowing the best perimeter opponent. He shouldn't touch the ball on offense unless he's cutting to the basket, or rushing up the court in transition...sure, occasionally, let the wide open 3 flow, but this season, he's been spotting up from the corner. If he wants to succeed in this league, his roll is a pest...both offensively and defensively. The scheme is letting him down as much as himself.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Good thing the staff has Wiggins driving to the hoop so much more this year.

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:58 pm Good thing the staff has Wiggins driving to the hoop so much more this year.

wasn't russell floated around here as a trade target?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:02 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:58 pm Good thing the staff has Wiggins driving to the hoop so much more this year.

wasn't russell floated around here as a trade target?
On this forum? By some.

Nothing legitimate though.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

yeah, i meant by some here as a "target" - nothing legit in terms of rumors around the league.

i just wanted to point out the effective field goal thing for him - paired with wigs. and why are big men jokic and AD so high on this list? too many threes perhaps?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:24 pmand why are big men jokic and AD so high on this list? too many threes perhaps?
At least for Davis, he’s a bricklayer beyond 15 feet. We’re talking sub-33% bad on 220+ attempts.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

His percentages are still shit from mid range which is why him shooting significantly less of these shots is much better. This isn't efg%. Jump shooting efg% probably doesnt include shots within 6 feet or so.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

:thumbsdown:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Good to see Andrew in mid-season form again, 4-12, 10 points, -22.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

What's wrong with Dude?
Does he have ADD? He looked as if he wishes he was golfing/fishing. I can't understand why he still gets PT when his tude sucks like this. Ryan is failing him as a coach, because they are friends. Any other coach would be yelling at him, or sitting him down. We can't trade him for anything, so we are stuck hoping he gets it together.

I was with him until the end of last year, then admitted he was a bust. First 25 or so games gave me life again that he figured it out and was on his way. Then the old Drew showed up the last several games, and I am pretty sure he's a bust. Not a BUM, but for a #1 overall, he's just above A Bennett.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

What was the early season quote on Saunders by someone I can't recall? His job might rely on unlocking Wiggins.

Sorry, Ryan, it's been fun.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

2020 stats (5 games)

16.0 PPG, 38.9% FG's, 25% 3pt FG's, 3.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists 2 blocks and 3 steals total, 2.2 turnovers. Yeah, that's not good. Those are just the basic stats. I bet the advanced make it even worse.
Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

kuzma gets a lot of crap here as he's been mulled over as a possible trade target. but at least the kid has guts and heart. andrew's been awful in KAT's absence. instead of taking charge, he's backed away. kuzma, on the other hand, has stepped up. the thunder win when both bron and AD were out - he scored 36. the last three games where AD has been out, he's averaging 24.3 - or roughly 11 points more than his season average. he doesn't back away from moments when he's needed.
Style

Post by Style »

But I thought Saunders' gentle approach was going to suddenly unleash the beast within Wiggins? NOW WHAT?!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald