Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Rusty Kuntz

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:22 am Andrew Wiggins, November 2019:

11 games / 27.1 ppg (6th in NBA) / 48% FG / 39.5% 3P / 5.3 RPG / 4.1 APG / 1.4 BPG / +73 total / Scored 20+ in every game during the month.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:16 pm
thinktank wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:30 pm Why do you think Rosas is an idiot?

Humor me.
What's humorous is the folks in WC pushing the "Narrative"

This team has pretty much the same exact record as last year at this time and it's
"We are so much better than with Thibs and Jimmy" Ya, the guy who broke your 15 year playoff streak and had a #4 seed going into March. :roll:

It's truly laughable. This team won't make the playoffs and finish close to what they were last year all while being just mediocre enough to not get a good pick.

Most of the same people who didn't want to make the playoffs with Jimmy when we slipped to #8 and wanted a lotto pick are now clamouring for that #8 seed. :lol:

I have nothing against Rosas and he very well might be the man for this job. I am happy with the way that Wiggins has turned his game around also. I'm willing to see on what Rosas can build with this team in the upcoming years because as of right now, this roster is not good.

I mean you FINALLY have Wiggins playing up to his potential and your are not much better record wise this year than last year at this time?!? A lot of work to still be done. Both sides are extreme right now on the for/against Rosas voices. Maybe quit chucking 3's 50xs a game with a team who hardly has any shooters.
This is just year #1.

Breathe.

All the same, you’ve made a prediction they miss the playoffs. We’re going to hold you to that.

So you want more post-ups and midrange jumpers?

Be specific. Don’t just rip. Say what your offense and defense would do. Say what moves you would’ve done differently. It’s too easy to not even armchair GM and just bitch. I would hope you can apply at least a little more rigor than that.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Humor me.

This team has pretty much the same exact record as last year at this time and it's
"We are so much better than with Thibs and Jimmy" Ya, the guy who broke your 15 year playoff streak and had a #4 seed going into March. :roll:

It's truly laughable. This team won't make the playoffs and finish close to what they were last year all while being just mediocre enough to not get a good pick.

Most of the same people who didn't want to make the playoffs with Jimmy when we slipped to #8 and wanted a lotto pick are now clamouring for that #8 seed. :lol:

I have nothing against Rosas and he very well might be the man for this job. I am happy with the way that Wiggins has turned his game around also. I'm willing to see on what Rosas can build with this team in the upcoming years because as of right now, this roster is not good.

I mean you FINALLY have Wiggins playing up to his potential and your are not much better record wise this year than last year at this time?!? A lot of work to still be done. Both sides are extreme right now on the for/against Rosas voices. Maybe quit chucking 3's 50xs a game with a team who hardly has any shooters.
This is the kind of idiocy we get from a guy who fully admits he never watches the games.

Wolves are 3 games better than they were last year at this point. The most 3s they've shot in a game is 45 and they're averaging less than 40/game, not 50. But you have to go with your typical hyperbole because you're speaking on a subject that you have minimal knowledge of. Seriously, turn a game on once in awhile. If you can't tell the difference between this year and last, stick to watching retired garbagemen throw boxing matches.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Humor me.

This is the kind of idiocy we get from a guy who fully admits he never watches the games.

Wolves are 3 games better than they were last year at this point. The most 3s they've shot in a game is 45 and they're averaging less than 40/game, not 50. But you have to go with your typical hyperbole because you're speaking on a subject that you have minimal knowledge of. Seriously, turn a game on once in awhile. If you can't tell the difference between this year and last, stick to watching retired garbagemen throw boxing matches.
I have caught about half the games. Sorry, this team bores me to death. It has no realistic chance to do anything. That's not "Must watch" TV where I'm from.

I didn't say there isn't a difference in the way they are playing but at the end of the day, they are 10-8.

Yes, they are 3 games better but they ripped off 6 wins of their next 7. I averaged it out as I doubt they do that coming up here.

Bottom line is they were 14-12 at one point last season. They are 10-8 now with Wiggins playing at a much higher level.

Gotta love how they are playing and how much better the system is. :roll:

Their offense is actually ranked lower than with Thibs but hey it's "Fun to watch"

Somehow they have managed to have a better defense without Thibs and a worse offense. Figure that one out.

And like you said, J. This place is supposed to be "Fun" No need for the name calling. :beer:

My Gophers hoops team looks atrocious. Could be a long winter. :(
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:48 pm

I have caught about half the games. Sorry, this team bores me to death. It has no realistic chance to do anything. That's not "Must watch" TV where I'm from.

I didn't say there isn't a difference in the way they are playing but at the end of the day, they are 10-8.

Yes, they are 3 games better but they ripped off 6 wins of their next 7. I averaged it out as I doubt they do that coming up here.

Bottom line is they were 14-12 at one point last season. They are 10-8 now with Wiggins playing at a much higher level.

Their offense is actually ranked lower than with Thibs but hey it's "Fun to watch"

Somehow they have managed to have a better defense without Thibs and a worse offense. Figure that one out.

And like you said, J. This place is supposed to be "Fun" No need for the name calling. :beer:

What name calling? Don't be so sensitive. You continue to post bad takes because you long for garbage from yesteryear. Happens to old people as their youth slips away. "Back in my day", "Make America Great Again", "When I was a kid", "Kids today..." Bad basketball of forcing up contested midrange, all 10 guys standing in a 5x5 square, and each team having an untalented stiff on the roster to muck things up. Gross.

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:18 pm

What name calling? Don't be so sensitive. You continue to post bad takes because you long for garbage from yesteryear. Happens to old people as their youth slips away. "Back in my day", "Make America Great Again", "When I was a kid", "Kids today..." Bad basketball of forcing up contested midrange, all 10 guys standing in a 5x5 square, and each team having an untalented stiff on the roster to muck things up. Gross.
Why can't I just go back to 1995! Playing Streets of rage 2 on my genesis while I listen to Gangstarr hard to earn. When I'm done with that I'll watch the Knicks game to see Oakley landing elbows and Corey Fuller on the Vikings taking some guys head off!

I NEED A TIME MACHINE!!
:pissed:

P.S. I want to bring White Claws with me!

ECW!! ECW!! ECW!!

P.P.S. I could give two fucks about "Making America great again"

Also, please don't knock the sweet science. :punch:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Wiggins blowing up just makes me hate the Thibs experiment all the more. Its clear he set this team back a few years...

maybe Wiggins and Towns wouldn't have had the fire lit underneath them, without wanting to prove him wrong, but they were playing like blue chippers without him, so I don't know. All I know is Wiggins got a lot of heat, and I think it was deserved, but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder, and I love it.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:18 pm

J2J in this mode is one of my favorite things about froob chat.

Only when I agree with him tho. Funny.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Humor me.
Seriously? I haven't written it enough?

Start with his first ever move was a draft fuck up. And not just a fuck up. An Amateur hour fuck up. Can you name another oops I traded up too early draft? Any. Just one. You can't because it's so over the top stupid. But the idiot thought no way Cle takes Garland and even if they did no way Atl won't trade up for Culver. He thought both because he heard the buzz out there and actually believed it and though he was smarter.And he is such an egomaniac that he had to pretend it was the move all along and then had to claim RoCo at the 4 isn't retarded and was also his plan. IDIOT. And I really like Culver. But that doesn't make it a good move by the idiot because he isn't a good 3 shooter and the idiot only wants him to shoot 3's. He didn't want him and got stuck with him. If Culver becomes anything north of OK absolutely zero credit goes to the idiot. IDIOT!

And only an idiot puts out the mandate of taking 40+ 3's a game and forces his young 1st year coach to abide. And you know that's what's happening. Ryan is not the kind of idiot that thinks that a team with 1 guy shooting over 33% from 3 should be jacking 40+. But he has to coach them to do it because he's not really the coach. The idiot who has never picked up a basketball in his life is coaching it from his spread sheet on his computer. IDIOT!

And speaking of the mandate let's look at the offseason acquisitions. I really like a lot of them. And they don't play. Because they are too big or they don't shoot enough 3's. IDIOT!

This team is loaded with talent and ....................how is it going to get better? Do bad shooters get better shooting more shots they can't make? Will we somehow get better on D not playing our good defenders, not using our size advantage, and jacking stupid 3's leading to easy transition? It is very unfortunate that we are some savy from the youth and some tightening of a few things away from being good. Instead we are gonna just tell them to keep jacking. IDIOT.

Players can't play to their strengths.

Coach can't coach to his talent.

IDIOT!
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:52 am

Humor me.

Start with his first ever move was a draft fuck up. And not just a fuck up. An Amateur hour fuck up. Can you name another oops I traded up too early draft? Any. Just one. You can't because it's so over the top stupid. But the idiot thought no way Cle takes Garland and even if they did no way Atl won't trade up for Culver. He thought both because he heard the buzz out there and actually believed it and though he was smarter.And he is such an egomaniac that he had to pretend it was the move all along and then had to claim RoCo at the 4 isn't retarded and was also his plan. IDIOT. And I really like Culver. But that doesn't make it a good move by the idiot because he isn't a good 3 shooter and the idiot only wants him to shoot 3's. He didn't want him and got stuck with him. If Culver becomes anything north of OK absolutely zero credit goes to the idiot. IDIOT!

And only an idiot puts out the mandate of taking 40+ 3's a game and forces his young 1st year coach to abide. And you know that's what's happening. Ryan is not the kind of idiot that thinks that a team with 1 guy shooting over 33% from 3 should be jacking 40+. But he has to coach them to do it because he's not really the coach. The idiot who has never picked up a basketball in his life is coaching it from his spread sheet on his computer. IDIOT!

And speaking of the mandate let's look at the offseason acquisitions. I really like a lot of them. And they don't play. Because they are too big or they don't shoot enough 3's. IDIOT!

This team is loaded with talent and ....................how is it going to get better? Do bad shooters get better shooting more shots they can't make? Will we somehow get better on D not playing our good defenders, not using our size advantage, and jacking stupid 3's leading to easy transition? It is very unfortunate that we are some savy from the youth and some tightening of a few things away from being good. Instead we are gonna just tell them to keep jacking. IDIOT.

IDIOT!
Alright.

You want more long 2s and midrange shots.

You want less floor spacing.

You want less shot makers in general (Vonleh and Bell).

You want Thibs ball, in essence (two bigs).

Regarding the draft, Garland is TERRIBLE. If we drafted that guy we’d be worse off than we are now. Remember, YOU LIKE CULVER. How is that a fuck up? We AVOIDED Garland. 👍 And guess what? Next year’s draft is loaded with PGs.

You also make a lot of assumptions (that RoCo wasn’t the plan at PF—it sure as hell looks like he was. RoCo is playing well and now KBD is too. Sweet!).

The narrative that the Wolves are a bad three point shooting team needs to end. We’re basically shooting the same as Denver and Houston. We have four guys shooting better than 33% (KAT, Wiggins, Layman, KBD, Culver is at 33%), so the claim about one guy over 33% is simply false.

Lastly, change the style back to what you want and there goes Wiggins’ efficiency.

Easy to bitch, without having to face the consequences.

PS. I wasn’t even talking to you. :lol:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:52 am

Humor me.

IDIOT!
Alright.

You want more long 2s and midrange shots.

You want less floor spacing.

You want less shot makers in general (Vonleh and Bell).

You want Thibs ball, in essence (two bigs).

Regarding the draft, Garland is TERRIBLE. If we drafted that guy we’d be worse off than we are now. Remember, YOU LIKE CULVER. How is that a fuck up? We AVOIDED Garland. 👍 And guess what? Next year’s draft is loaded with PGs.

You also make a lot of assumptions (that RoCo wasn’t the plan at PF—it sure as hell looks like he was. RoCo is playing well and now KBD is too. Sweet!).

The narrative that the Wolves are a bad three point shooting team needs to end. We’re basically shooting the same as Denver and Houston. We have four guys shooting better than 33% (KAT, Wiggins, Layman, KBD, Culver is at 33%), so the claim about one guy over 33% is simply false.

Lastly, change the style back to what you want and there goes Wiggins’ efficiency.

Easy to bitch, without having to face the consequences.

PS. I wasn’t even talking to you. :lol:
you probably weren't talking to me - but i'll answer some of it. first off, it doesn't have to be all or nothing. which is how you present it.

thibs ball is two bigs? ahem, that's pretty much what nba ball has been since forever. and there are still plenty of teams who do it. you do put yourself at a disadvantage in the paint when you go small against that. the other night against SAS, we missed 8 layups (by chance?) and had another 8 blocked. won the game... but.... what if we hadn't shot as well from 3 as we did? those open looks aren't automatic - and it's very conceivable to imagine another game against SAS where they aren't dropping, our layups are getting blocked and bingo - we lose. so... instead of trying to skin the cat in only one way - how's about leaving our team open to play as well as we can against any opponent? some nights that might mean going away from a lineup that shoots as many threes as usual. it's not stupid to alter your system - if it means you win the game.

if bell and vonleh are dunking, then they are making shots and are, in essence, shot makers. unlike graham or any of our other long distance shooters who are struggling. they could be more defined as "shot missers".

are the wolves a bad shooting team? - maybe not. but are they a "good to great shooting team" that would absolutely dictate hoisting up a lot of threes? that, they are not. good to great shooting teams don't have 3 to 4 guys in the 35% range - they have two, perhaps three guys over 40%, plus a bunch of guys over 35%. the wolves are nowhere near that.

i don't think i've ever heard thrillkill (or myself) advocating for more long twos. what we have been advocating for more of are good looks at easy twos. if a player is driving to the basket, looks like he's in the clear for a dunk, but then wanks it out to okogie or culver or teague or graham for a three pointer - more often than not, that's two sure points we've thrown away in favor of another improbable three. that... doesn't make sense - but all of us have seen that.

fact check: jarrett culver is not 33% from three, he's at 28%.

finally, assuming that roco was the plan at PF all along is assuming a lot. there is more sense to the argument that roco fell into that because of a roster mishap. he's doing okay - but we've all seen him play better. the talk is often "what's wrong with bob?" not "whoa, roco is killing it at the 4!" his natural position is at the 3, it takes him out of the low post grind that he can be put into by other teams - plus - guess who's been often killing it against us opponent-wise? yep, their - 3 because roco is no longer guarding them. there are too many reasons to list in terms of the benefits of moving roco to the 3 and benching graham.

now... other than that, i agree with some of the things you said. everything doesn't have to be black and white.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

They moved Roco to guard Derozan a few times last game, and they used Graham on Aldridge. Face palm
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:52 pm you probably weren't talking to me - but i'll answer some of it. first off, it doesn't have to be all or nothing. which is how you present it.

thibs ball is two bigs? ahem, that's pretty much what nba ball has been since forever. and there are still plenty of teams who do it. you do put yourself at a disadvantage in the paint when you go small against that. Duh. That's just in the paint. We're 10 - 8. Some disadvantage. :roll: the other night against SAS, we missed 8 layups (by chance?) and had another 8 blocked. won the game... but.... what if we hadn't shot as well from 3 as we did? Ohhh what if?! :roll: those open looks aren't automatic - and it's very conceivable to imagine another game against SAS where they aren't dropping, our layups are getting blocked and bingo - we lose. so... instead of trying to skin the cat in only one way - how's about leaving our team open to play as well as we can against any opponent? some nights that might mean going away from a lineup that shoots as many threes as usual. it's not stupid to alter your system - if it means you win the game. You realize you're complaining about a win. If we lost, go for it. We didn't. It's a little strange to use that game as an argument against the style we play when we won due to... our style.

if bell and vonleh are dunking, then they are making shots and are, in essence, shot makers. unlike graham or any of our other long distance shooters who are struggling. they could be more defined as "shot missers". More ifs. Why don't they dunk when they get minutes? If they're good at it, show me. We haven't seen it much yet and they've been given chances.

are the wolves a bad shooting team? - maybe not. Not maybe not. They ARE NOT a bad shooting team! You guys need to realize this. but are they a "good to great shooting team" that would absolutely dictate hoisting up a lot of threes? that, they are not. good to great shooting teams don't have 3 to 4 guys in the 35% range - they have two, perhaps three guys over 40%, plus a bunch of guys over 35%. the wolves are nowhere near that. Two of the best teams in the league, the Rockets and the Bucks, both shoot more threes than us and they shoot them just barely better than us. The Wolves are proving that their high 3FGA volume is producing an inordinate amount of wins. A huge reason is Wiggins' improvement due to... our high 3FGA volume. Funny!

i don't think i've ever heard thrillkill (or myself) advocating for more long twos. what we have been advocating for more of are good looks at easy twos. How are you going to get easier twos if you're not spacing the floor with a high volume of 3FGAs? if a player is driving to the basket, looks like he's in the clear for a dunk, but then wanks it out to okogie or culver or teague or graham for a three pointer - more often than not, that's two sure points we've thrown away in favor of another improbable three. that... doesn't make sense - but all of us have seen that. Bullshit. We have not seen the scenario you describe. No one is turning down dunks for threes! C'mon now!

fact check: jarrett culver is not 33% from three, he's at 28%. FACT CHECK: NO ONE SAID CULVER WAS 33% FROM DEEP. thrillkill was simply wrong about only one player shooting better than 33% from deep:

KBD = .458
KAT = .444
Wiggins = .354
Layman = .352
Covington = .344
Dieng = .333

OH WHAT HORRIBLE SHOOTERS! :roll:

finally, assuming that roco was the plan at PF all along is assuming a lot. No it isn't. When Rosas traded Saric, he did not do so to draft a stretch 4. He did so because he felt RoCo could play power forward. Rosas did not panic and acquire a different starting stretch four. Rosas thought RoCo would make a good stretch 4 and so far, judging by 10 - 8, he's been correct. there is more sense to the argument that roco fell into that because of a roster mishap. he's doing okay - but we've all seen him play better. the talk is often "what's wrong with bob?" not "whoa, roco is killing it at the 4!" his natural position is at the 3, it takes him out of the low post grind that he can be put into by other teams - plus - guess who's been often killing it against us opponent-wise? yep, their - 3 because roco is no longer guarding them. We have 8 losses, and the worst was Bogdan and Oubre. So 25% of our losses have involved getting torched at SF. It's not like SFs are lighting us up non-stop. there are too many reasons to list in terms of the benefits of moving roco to the 3 and benching graham. Guess what? If we move RoCo to the 3, we're still going to have a stretch 4 at PF (KBD).

now... other than that, i agree with some of the things you said. everything doesn't have to be black and white.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Maybe they should always dunk, all the time. Just have all 5 guys play in the low block and then just dunk it. Can't believe they dont understand how simple it is!

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

What's fucked up is Wiggins is currently the only guard in those top 6 3pt shooters for our team. Also we have 2 centers who are on there. That's weird.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Another good video on why Wiggins is breaking out this year...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

37% of his shot attempts a year ago were mid-range. That is now down to 16% (as of when this video was created on 11/21)
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

It appears that I was wrong about Wiggins.

He's finally putting it all together.

Question is....will it last?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Butch Bradford wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:57 am It appears that I was wrong about Wiggins.

He's finally putting it all together.

Question is....will it last?
I could copy and paste this post and just change the name of the author for about all of us.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins is now number 1 in wolves history for 3pm made

Learn the game noobs
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 am

Learn the game noobs
That's actually pretty sad, that's how bad this franchise has been. You know who held the record before that? Anthony freaking Peeler :lol:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

As of I said numerous times, Wigs is the best guard in Wolves history. Would be dumb to trade him like so many wanted.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Dan33185 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:21 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 am

Learn the game noobs
That's actually pretty sad, that's how bad this franchise has been. You know who held the record before that? Anthony freaking Peeler :lol:
He won't be for long. KAT is only a few behind him, and gaining fast. But yes, a pretty sad history for most of the Wolves records, really.
Let's get Tropical
j2j

Post by j2j »

Yep, KAT will pass him before New Years.

T_J

Post by T_J »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 am As of I said numerous times, Wigs is the best guard in Wolves history. Would be dumb to trade him like so many wanted.
Stop being so intentionally dense.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 am As of I said numerous times, Wigs is the best guard in Wolves history. Would be dumb to trade him like so many wanted.
Except for Westbrook.

That was a great idea by you.

:thumbsup:

A more throwback style will be very effective against all of these three point-heaving followers that currently plague the NBA.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

thinktank wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:17 pm
Except for Westbrook.

A more throwback style will be very effective against all of these three point-heaving followers that currently plague the NBA.
If we are trading Wigs, it would have to be for an MVP like player.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:22 pm
Except for Westbrook.

Don’t forget the first round draft pick.

:brick:

But yeah, Russell is MVP caliber.

:no:

I can’t imagine his game would clash with Towns in any way.

:?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

thinktank wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:42 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:22 pm

Except for Westbrook.

Don’t forget the first round draft pick.

:brick:

But yeah, Russell is MVP caliber.

:no:

I can’t imagine his game would clash with Towns in any way.

:?
Russ just won mvp a few years ago :D
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Russ and Kat pick and roll would be killer.

He did avg 10 assist lol

Thinktank getting served again.