Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers to the Rose Bowl

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
SKOLMN

Gophers to the Rose Bowl

Post by SKOLMN »

Penn st was a common pick to the rose bowl, but after this loss the gophers have to be the new favorites right? If we can run the table, perhaps even with one loss to either Wisconsin or Iowa, we could still get there by virtue of winning our division and going to the big 10 title game. This is turning into a special season
Hummdrum

Re: Gophers to the Rose Bowl

Post by Hummdrum »

Yes, When Iowa went 12-0 in 2015 they lost in the big 10 title game and went to the Rose Bowl.
I would say you are correct.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

SKOLMN wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:16 pm Penn st was a common pick to the rose bowl, but after this loss the gophers have to be the new favorites right? If we can run the table, perhaps even with one loss to either Wisconsin or Iowa, we could still get there by virtue of winning our division and going to the big 10 title game. This is turning into a special season
I could not hit you hard enough or enough times. Have you learned nothing from our past mistakes? Are you not familiar with my 2003 Michigan story? Please edit your post immediately removing any talk of Rose bowl. I will then edit this post. thank you
salamander

Post by salamander »

Why not us! Why not now!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Win two of the last three and they're going to Pasadena!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Big Head

Post by Big Head »

The Fiesta and Peach are the two championship games. The Rose Bowl should be considered the floor of what we can do for a bowl game. Why are you guys celebrating aiming low when they are still undefeated?
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Big Head wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:59 am The Fiesta and Peach are the two championship games. The Rose Bowl should be considered the floor of what we can do for a bowl game. Why are you guys celebrating aiming low when they are still undefeated?
Cause they ain’t going undefeated.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Big Head wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:59 am The Fiesta and Peach are the two championship games. The Rose Bowl should be considered the floor of what we can do for a bowl game. Why are you guys celebrating aiming low when they are still undefeated?
for gopher fans under the age of 65, the dream has always been a rose bowl. a championship would be very nice, but the rose bowl is the immediate dream.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Bob Wiley wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:31 pm
Cause they ain’t going undefeated.
Chances are they lose tomorrow. I think they have a better shot at beating WI, but they will need to beat one of the two to get the Rose Bowl. I will definitely be purchasing a ticket if they make it. Dream come true if it happens.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

To clarify, I think they could go undefeated during the regular season. It’s unlikely, but possible. But to also beat Ohio State in the Big 10 championship and go 13-0, nope.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:15 pm To clarify, I think they could go undefeated during the regular season. It’s unlikely, but possible. But to also beat Ohio State in the Big 10 championship and go 13-0, nope.
Dream big Bob!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Big Head

Post by Big Head »

qrocks wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:09 pm
for gopher fans under the age of 65, the dream has always been a rose bowl. a championship would be very nice, but the rose bowl is the immediate dream.
It used to be the Rose Bowl was the reward for winning the Big 10.