Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers vs. Nebraska

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
Wall of Sound

Re: Gophers vs. Nebraska

Post by Wall of Sound »

Hornets wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:45 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:43 pm For the Fleck haters: longest Gophers winning streak since 1949!!!
SERIOUSLY? :o
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Minn ... tball_team

last time 7-0
Last edited by Wall of Sound on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Some of us never doubted Philip John.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm Some of us never doubted Philip John.
Hey look, someone must have told the village idiot the score! :lol:
Drizzay

Post by Drizzay »

I am appreciative of all the money those big red fans spent in the Twin Cities this weekend. They were all over MOA.
Tell your story walkin'!
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:43 pm For the Fleck haters: longest Gophers winning streak since 1949!!!
Bring on Clemson and Alabama, they don't stand a chance.

Have the Gophs beaten a ranked team under PJ? That's what will shut up Fleck haters.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Wall of Sound wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:48 pm

last time 7-0
Shoot, maybe 1949 is right on the 8 in a row then?
Let's get Tropical
Wall of Sound

Post by Wall of Sound »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:53 pm
Wall of Sound wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:48 pm

last time 7-0
Shoot, maybe 1949 is right on the 8 in a row then?
sorry I miss counted :oops:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Why Not Us wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Have the Gophs beaten a ranked team under PJ? That's what will shut up Fleck haters.
That's the one knock. PJs best win is against a mediocre Badger team.

Does he have a ranked win?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:50 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm Some of us never doubted Philip John.
I don't get this bit. The game was on tv.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 pm
Why Not Us wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:51 pm

That's the one knock. PJs best win is against a mediocre Badger team.

Does he have a ranked win?

No, he's 0-5

vs 21 Michigan State - L30-27
@ 23 Northwestern - L39-0
vs 5 Wisconsin - L31-0
@ 3 Ohio State - L30-14
vs 22 Northwestern - L24-14

That Mich St loss was a blowout too until a couple of garbage time scores if I remember correctly.
Last edited by Why Not Us on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:48 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:44 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm

There are plenty of schools kids are choosing than going out to bum fuck Nebraks. When is the last time you remember Nebraska being a consistent powerhouse?

They haven't been a top program in almost two decades.

Plenty of teams in bum-fuck areas do well, because they are in bum-fuck. Nothing is going on but the football team. If the Nebraska position was open this off-season. It would be a top 5-8 destination. That would be based on being in the Big Ten, tradition, facilities, fan base, among other things.
No doubt. Their facilities are world class. I agree it's a top landing spot but it's fools gold. They better get a good one to succeed there now.

You are talking almost 20 years since they have been great.
In this last 20 year stretch you are talking about, they are 158-93.
They have been ranked in the top 25 AP poll 15 of those 20 years.

So, they arent Bama, not even Wisconsin. But they are a damn good football program. And if you think they are a bad football program based off the last 20 years, then you are just simply mistaken.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Plenty of teams in bum-fuck areas do well, because they are in bum-fuck. Nothing is going on but the football team. If the Nebraska position was open this off-season. It would be a top 5-8 destination. That would be based on being in the Big Ten, tradition, facilities, fan base, among other things.
No doubt. Their facilities are world class. I agree it's a top landing spot but it's fools gold. They better get a good one to succeed there now.

So, they arent Bama, not even Wisconsin. But they are a damn good football program. And if you think they are a bad football program based off the last 20 years, then you are just simply mistaken.
That's selling them low. How many times in that time have they been a top 10 or top 5 team in a big time bowl game.

Nebraska fans don't care about getting ranked 23 for two weeks and then getting bounced out.

Not bad but mediocre.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:04 pm

That's selling them low. How many times in that time have they been a top 10 or top 5 team in a big time bowl game.

Nebraska fans don't care about getting ranked 23 for two weeks and then getting bounced out.

Not bad but mediocre.
What qualifies as a big time bowl game? Theyv'e been to the Rose Bowl in that time span. The Alamo Bowl 3 times, the Gator Bowl twice. The Holiday Bowl three times...I would say those are some pretty quality bowl games.

As far as how often in that span have they been ranked in the top 10...7 times in the answer. The vast majority of schools could only have wet dreams about the type of success Nebraska has had in these last 20 years when you think they have been mediocre. Imagine if the Gophers could withstand that kind of success...highly unlikely they will ever be able to.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Don't be afraid to hop on the bandwagon and enjoy good things.

Even if it all goes off the rails tomorrow, there's nothing wrong with being happy today.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:08 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Not bad but mediocre.
What qualifies as a big time bowl game? Theyv'e been to the Rose Bowl in that time span. The Alamo Bowl 3 times, the Gator Bowl twice. The Holiday Bowl three times...I would say those are some pretty quality bowl games.

As far as how often in that span have they been ranked in the top 10...7 times in the answer. The vast majority of schools could only have wet dreams about the type of success Nebraska has had in these last 20 years when you think they have been mediocre. Imagine if the Gophers could withstand that kind of success...highly unlikely they will ever be able to.

https://deadspin.com/few-teams-have-bee ... 1635492998

Here is just one article of their mediocrity.

As Gopher fans, it looks good because this team has been shit since Hitler was still walking the earth.

They are mediocre when consider with the good teams that they used to be.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Article was written in 2014 and you can argue they have been even worse the next 5 years after.

Teams like Ohio St, Michigan and mostly Penn st would stomp a mud hole in this Gopher team on their "Lean" years.

Nebraska isn't even Mich St anymore.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Nebraska had no business firing Pelini, but that's a conversation for another time.
If you put a lot of stock into recruiting rankings, they do just fine. No matter what you think of them in their current state, they are still a helmet school.
hategreenticemase

Yeah and? I'm quite certain every poster in this thread knows you didn't watch 10 mins of the game. :lol:

Btw, you should come to the game thread earlier - you know like when the game is being played - so we all could enjoy you getting owned by bubu. :lol:

By the way, can you tell the kids exactly when "we go to Happy Valley"? :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:00 am

Yeah and? I'm quite certain every poster in this thread knows you didn't watch 10 mins of the game. :lol:

Btw, you should come to the game thread earlier - you know like when the game is being played - so we all could enjoy you getting owned by bubu. :lol:

Hey asshat, I don't enjoy bad quality games unless the involve my 3 major loves..

Vikings
Gophers basketball
Boxing.

I am a big Gophers football fan and Wolves fan but not to the extent of the other two MN teams.

Twins used to be huge on but I absolutely hate them now and get off to them losing.

Wolves I love but I have soured on the NBA over the last few years. Bores me to death with this new shooting 3's no defense league we are at. :thumbsup:

Plus I don't hang on these boards because they a 1. DEAD and 2. They mostly have knowledgeable fans. PC is filled with morons like yourself to make my puppet.

Good day, Mike. :beer:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Hey asshat, I don't enjoy bad quality games unless the involve my 3 major loves..

Vikings
Gophers basketball
Boxing.

I am a big Gophers football fan and Wolves fan but not to the extent of the other two MN teams.

Twins used to be huge on but I absolutely hate them now and get off to them losing.

Wolves I love but I have soured on the NBA over the last few years. Bores me to death with this new shooting 3's no defense league we are at. :thumbsup:

Plus I don't hang on these boards because they a 1. DEAD and 2. They mostly have knowledgeable fans. PC is filled with morons like yourself to make my puppet.

Stanley,

1. The only puppet you have ever made is the sock over wiener when spanking.

2. Please come earlier next time, so guys like Bubu can make you look like the retarded monkey you are. I get tired of having to do it all the time.

3. The only thing you are a "fan" of is drawing attention to your dumbass.

PS. When do we go to Happy Valley again? :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Vikings
Gophers basketball
Boxing.

Stanley,

2. Please come earlier next time, so guys like Bubu can make you look like the retarded monkey you are. I get tired of having to do it all the time.

Bubu is a friend of mine, Asshat.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Vikings
Gophers basketball
Boxing.

Stanley,

He seems to smart for that but not sure if true what that has to do with anything? So made you look stupid in a nicer way, is that your point? :lol:

You should make a thread on how Morgan sucks.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Stanley,

He seems to smart for that but not sure if true what that has to do with anything? So made you look stupid in a nicer way, is that your point? :lol:

Good god on hyping Morgan is ICONIC.

Is he your version of Mitch for Clark?

Lol. He's a nobody. Let me know when he plays big against someone who actually matters. I want this Gophers team to be good but they have beat absolutely nobody.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Lol. He's a nobody. Let me know when he plays big against someone who actually matters. I want this Gophers team to be good but they have beat absolutely nobody.
No one is hyping about Morgan, moron. See, mocking the village idiot for ripping a QB rated in top 5 in FBS isn't the same thing as hyping a guy. It's more like laughing their ass off at a retarded monkey who is literally dead wrong on every fucking qb he "analyzes". :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:38 pm

No one is hyping about Morgan, moron. See, mocking the village idiot for ripping a QB rated in top 5 in FBS isn't the same thing as hyping a guy. It's more like laughing their ass off at a retarded monkey who is literally dead wrong on every fucking qb he "analyzes". :lol:
Haha! Check many of my QB takes. Sure, cant hit on them all but I'm at least 75%. Better than most GMs.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:41 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Haha! Check many of my QB takes. Sure, cant hit on them all but I'm at least 75%. Better than most GMs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, it's more like 80-85% if you one takes the opposite Roobboobretard view in a QB.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 pm Nebraska had no business firing Pelini, but that's a conversation for another time.
If you put a lot of stock into recruiting rankings, they do just fine. No matter what you think of them in their current state, they are still a helmet school.
I am a Nebraska fan--- Dont worry, not one that thinks we are good.

Firing Pelini was sort of forced. He created such an us vs them. The problem was they hired someone who was awful garbage and he ran the program even further into the ground-- Think Brewster.

I became a Husker fan in 2007, so I am more of a realist. At the end of the day, the only chance you have is to stop thinking this team can get back to the glory of the 90's... It aint going to happen. But there is no reason you cant have success like a Wisconsin.

All Nebraska has is that effing football team. You have a ton of money to spend. Awesome facilities. Awesome fan support but the pressure is real. Nebraskans need to be ok with 9-10 wins for a bit.

The recruiting rankings have gone the opposite way in the sense they keep going after 4 star guys who dont fit into the system(before Frost). Gotta fix the toughness issue and get guys who will lay it on the line. I havent seen them be able to actually make kids better in years. It honestly seems like the players rarely develop.

TL;DR-
Pelini was a jerk. Mike Riley sucks. Nebraska fans need to open their eyes. Need to recruit for scheme fit and develop them.
hategreenticemase

This is what we like to call in the business, a classic. :lol: