Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers are 6 and 0!

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
salamander

Gophers are 6 and 0!

Post by salamander »

I rolled my eyes at Danny B on the radio saying we should be 8 and 0. Some way, some how we'd lose somewhere. Boy was I wrong.

Now we get the two schools brought into the big 10 for their Lacrosse acumen? (Rutgers & Maryland) We're potentially looking at 11 and 0? WTF alternate reality am I living in?

EDIT: Shit I guess they're just 6 and 0. I don't pay the closest attention to the Gophers.
Last edited by salamander on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
beetlebum71

Re: Gophers are 9 and 0!

Post by beetlebum71 »

salamander wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:47 am I rolled my eyes at Danny B on the radio saying we should be 8 and 0. Some way, some how we'd lose somewhere. Boy was I wrong.

Now we get the two schools brought into the big 10 for their Lacrosse acumen? (Rutgers & Maryland) We're potentially looking at 11 and 0? WTF alternate reality am I living in?
They're 6-0, you bandwagon asshole.
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

People are having such a hard time trying to rip Fleck that many are getting confused on their own intended exaggerations where they still almost make sense.
salamander

Post by salamander »

beetlebum71 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:20 am
salamander wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:47 am I rolled my eyes at Danny B on the radio saying we should be 8 and 0. Some way, some how we'd lose somewhere. Boy was I wrong.

I am not the biggest Gophers fan. I just check out the highlights so apologies.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Face The Facts wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:12 am People are having such a hard time trying to rip Fleck that many are getting confused on their own intended exaggerations where they still almost make sense.
Why are people trying to rip Fleck? He's done great so far. Sure, he's a bit annoying to listen to but he's exciting.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:31 am

What teams are you actually a big fan for? You've done this thread in other forums in the past.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Re: Gophers are 6 and 0!

Post by HeHateMe »

They were brought in for their tv market.... aka New York and Washington DC.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:11 am

What teams are you actually a big fan for? You've done this thread in other forums in the past.
Vikings, twins, college b ball, wild and lacrosse mostly. I'm trying to get into the wolves but have a major problem with how the NBA is officiated. I love watching videos that break down college football players (play by play not highlights) but don't watch every single game of 1 team and tend to just watch various games from around the country.

And the only other forum I've ever claimed to not know a ton about was the wolves. Should I lie and pretend I know everything about every sport? There's nothing more irritating than people who act like they know everything about every sport.

I'd think you'd respect that I'm honest about that instead of come at me like you have.
Last edited by salamander on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:12 am

That is another reason yes but their lacrosse acumen was a large reason as well.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 pm

That is another reason yes but their lacrosse acumen was a large reason as well.
lol ya right
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Vikings, twins, college b ball, wild and lacrosse mostly. I'm trying to get into the wolves but have a major problem with how the NBA is officiated. I love watching videos that break down college football players (play by play not highlights) but don't watch every single game of 1 team and tend to just watch various games from around the country.

And the only other forum I've ever claimed to not know a ton about was the wolves. Should I lie and pretend I know everything about every sport? There's nothing more irritating than people who act like they know everything about every sport.

I'd think you'd respect that I'm honest about that instead of come at me like you have.
It's a forum, I mean no ill will. Having fun with some questions and enjoyed (playfully) ripping you for the wolves takes last year. And your 9-0 thing in mid October made me laugh here too given any college football fan (i'm not much of one) would now that's way too many games played by that point.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Sally is referred to as fence post in BEL, so there's always that.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Chuck North wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:25 am Sally is referred to as fence post in BEL, so there's always that.
That's not a good thing, usually.
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 am
salamander wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 pm

lol ya right
Yep, right.
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:28 am

It's a forum, I mean no ill will. Having fun with some questions and enjoyed (playfully) ripping you for the wolves takes last year. And your 9-0 thing in mid October made me laugh here too given any college football fan (i'm not much of one) would now that's way too many games played by that point.
I hear ya. I'll probably post many more crappy takes in wolves chat. I just don't know the sport that well.
salamander

Post by salamander »

-
salamander

Post by salamander »

Chuck North wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:25 am Sally is referred to as fence post in BEL, so there's always that.
You posted a fence post pic once after I laughed at you for getting shredded on a Packers take. Literally no one calls me that.
This is why numerous posters tell you, you try too hard.
Last edited by salamander on Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:48 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:28 am

I hear ya. I'll probably post many more crappy takes in wolves chat. I just don't know the sport that well.
:lol:
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

Meatsauce has become more quiet in the last couple weeks.

Meatsauce criticizes Fleck for trying to be the center of attention.

(This again was Meatsauce who said that).

Criticizing people for trying to be the center of attention.
Last edited by Face The Facts on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

DP
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Face The Facts wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:49 am Meatsauce has become more quiet in the last couple weeks.

Too bad that pussy blocked me on Twitter. :lol:
Teh DMB

Post by Teh DMB »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:18 am
Face The Facts wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:49 am Meatsauce has become more quiet in the last couple weeks.

Too bad that pussy blocked me on Twitter. :lol:
He's a big time lightweight.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Love me some Meatsauce but that's literally the definition of irony.