Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Need to ink Cole Train and Bumgarner next year

A place to discuss the MN Twins
weimy froob

Re: Need to ink Cole Train and Bumgarner next year

Post by weimy froob »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:03 pm Define impact pitching. Does Odorizzi or Pineda count? Does it have to be Cole or Strasburg?
i'd like to see them sign odo. pineda i guess too. i think they could go into the season like that and wait to pick up the impact pitcher they'd need to make a legitimate push in the playoffs before the deadline. the problem with that is that's pretty much the scenario they had this year and they passed on adding a quality starting pitching arm. they're credibility took a big time hit with that non-move.

they almost have to make some kind of splash before the season starts. through a trade i'd guess.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Vendetta11 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:06 pm If Gerrit Cole doesn't resign with the Astros, I pretty much guarantee that the Angels will overpay for him. That is one franchise that loves to just throw a shit ton of money at the wall for "big names" much like the Yankees... except, the Angels over pay for guys that end up sucking ass (sans Mike Trout of course)
Yeah, Cole ain't coming here. I'd love it but there's no way. I don't understand why people think he would.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:10 pm
The Replacements wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:03 pm Define impact pitching. Does Odorizzi or Pineda count? Does it have to be Cole or Strasburg?
i'd like to see them sign odo. pineda i guess too. i think they could go into the season like that and wait to pick up the impact pitcher they'd need to make a legitimate push in the playoffs before the deadline. the problem with that is that's pretty much the scenario they had this year and they passed on adding a quality starting pitching arm. they're credibility took a big time hit with that non-move.

they almost have to make some kind of splash before the season starts. through a trade i'd guess.
Lavel E Neil just said he doesn’t see the Twins signing Pineda, surprised me
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slim Shady wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:10 pm

Lavel E Neil just said he doesn’t see the Twins signing Pineda, surprised me
After giving Pineda a 2 year deal knowing he wouldn't pitch in year 1 I am guessing the front office feels betrayed by him and may look elsewhere....I wouldn't blame them.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
AlohaBob

Post by AlohaBob »

Best case scenario because they will not sign Cole or Bum or Strasburg…

Berrios
Odorizzi
(Reclamation project)
Graterol
Dobnak (or Lewis Thorpe)
Hornets wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:17 pm I think those who claim to be LBGT are sick and disgusting and yet you apparently are ok with it......most dems are.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

AlohaBob wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:29 pm Best case scenario because they will not sign Cole or Bum or Strasburg…

Berrios
Odorizzi
(Reclamation project)
Graterol
Dobnak (or Lewis Thorpe)
Boy if this is the best case scenario our local 9 is in a heap of trouble....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Teh DMB

Post by Teh DMB »

AlohaBob wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:29 pm Best case scenario because they will not sign Cole or Bum or Strasburg…

Berrios
Odorizzi
(Reclamation project)
Graterol
Dobnak (or Lewis Thorpe)
Gross.

I think they need to go all in on MadBum and sign Pineda to a medium term contract-until some of the minor league arms-Graterol, Balzalick, Duran, Alcala, Jax etc start showing up in the Majors in the next 2-3 years.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Teh DMB wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Berrios
Odorizzi
(Reclamation project)
Graterol
Dobnak (or Lewis Thorpe)
Gross.

I think they need to go all in on MadBum and sign Pineda to a medium term contract-until some of the minor league arms-Graterol, Balzalick, Duran, Alcala, Jax etc start showing up in the Majors in the next 2-3 years.
MadBum isn't leaving the NL. He either told the Giants that he'd re-sign there if they didn't trade him or he's going to Atlanta.
Teh DMB

Post by Teh DMB »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:51 pm
Teh DMB wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Berrios
Odorizzi
(Reclamation project)
Graterol
Dobnak (or Lewis Thorpe)
Gross.

MadBum isn't leaving the NL. He either told the Giants that he'd re-sign there if they didn't trade him or he's going to Atlanta.

OK-Wheeler then.