Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Homecoming Illini vs Gophers

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
SKOLMN

Re: Homecoming Illini vs Gophers

Post by SKOLMN »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:08 pm I'll get excited when they actually beat someone worth a turd.

Any time this program wins it's good but I have seen too many seasons where they start like this and get blown out by a team that is good.

Haven't they been favored in every game? That should tell you all you need to know about their opponents so far.

Good job beating who you are supposed to though. That has even been a feat for this team in recent years.

#PhilipJohn4Lyfe
I get that, but this just feels different. Maybe I’m drinking fleck’s kool aid, but there is a ton more talent on this gophers team than in years past, and given flecks track record I think this team can buck that trend
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

SKOLMN wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:32 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:08 pm I'll get excited when they actually beat someone worth a turd.

Any time this program wins it's good but I have seen too many seasons where they start like this and get blown out by a team that is good.

Haven't they been favored in every game? That should tell you all you need to know about their opponents so far.

Good job beating who you are supposed to though. That has even been a feat for this team in recent years.

#PhilipJohn4Lyfe
I get that, but this just feels different. Maybe I’m drinking fleck’s kool aid, but there is a ton more talent on this gophers team than in years past, and given flecks track record I think this team can buck that trend
Dude, you don't need to explain yourself to the Village Idiot. For Fuck sakes he things our QB sucks. You know, the one who is in the top 5 in FBS in pass efficiency. That's ok, he also thinks Kirk Cousins is great and that Demry Croft "is a superstar". :lol:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

It's just a different team with Brooks and Smith healthy. Smith hadn't looked 100% before today. And it's a good thing, because if you saw Ibrahim pregame, he's hurt way worse than they have let on.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:56 pm It's just a different team with Brooks and Smith healthy. Smith hadn't looked 100% before today. And it's a good thing, because if you saw Ibrahim pregame, he's hurt way worse than they have let on.
You or someone said Smith just was out of sync earlier (again, traveling so much I haven't seen nearly as much as i normally do prior to this week) - timing off, misreading holes etc. I think that was correct as he simply looked sharp and decisive today. I love watching him and Brooks.

We may have a chance to surprise some teams. I'm going to Nebraska game next week - should be fun.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Great to see the running game live up to our expectations. Matt Millen is still awful to listen to.
hategreenticemase

Cripes wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:28 pm Great to see the running game live up to our expectations. Matt Millen is still awful to listen to.
You should have heard him as an NFL GM! :beer:
Ski

Post by Ski »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:56 pm It's just a different team with Brooks and Smith healthy. Smith hadn't looked 100% before today. And it's a good thing, because if you saw Ibrahim pregame, he's hurt way worse than they have let on.
If Brooks and Smith can stay healthy maybe redshirt Ibrahim?
hategreenticemase

Ski wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:04 am
Wow. Never occurred to me. It's a no brainer isn't it? What yr is he?
Ski

Post by Ski »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:08 am
I am not an elite Gopher mind, but pretty sure he was a true freshman last year.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Ski wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:12 am

I am not an elite Gopher mind, but pretty sure he was a true freshman last year.
He already redshirted.
hategreenticemase

Feek is an elite Gopher mind, so seeing his above response means that ship sailed. Dang. :mrgreen:
Ski

Post by Ski »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:43 am

Feek is an elite Gopher mind, so seeing his above response means that ship sailed. Dang. :mrgreen:
I must have been thinking Zack Annexstad. He was the true freshman last year.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Ski wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:46 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:43 am

I must have been thinking Zack Annexstad. He was the true freshman last year.
Bryce Williams was basically the #2 all of last year as a true freshman. He has played in a game or two this year, but could still redshirt.