Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jordan Bell agrees to deal. 1.6 mil

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Mplsfonz

Re: Jordan Bell agrees to deal. 1.6 mil

Post by Mplsfonz »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:01 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:10 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:48 am This is absolutely the type of a move a team like this should make. Keep looking for more "high risk, low reward" ;) guys while you're in cap hell and maybe one of them works out.
:lol:

I think Flex accidentally coined a new phrase. :thumbsup:
didn't we have a thread awhile back to choose a new slogan for the Wolves? this feels like a landslide winner IMO.

Your Minnesota Timberwolves - High Risk, Low Reward
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:10 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:48 am This is absolutely the type of a move a team like this should make. Keep looking for more "high risk, low reward" ;) guys while you're in cap hell and maybe one of them works out.

didn't we have a thread awhile back to choose a new slogan for the Wolves? this feels like a landslide winner IMO.

At least it fits this franchise perfectly :lol:
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Damn, this thread is four pages?
T_J

Post by T_J »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:08 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:10 pm :lol:

This. :lol:
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

T_J wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:40 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:08 am

This. :lol:
Actually sums up Wiggins contract in a nutshell.
LordNu

Re: Jordan Bell

Post by LordNu »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:26 pm
Jgrimmz wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:59 pm :irked:
NotRasho wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:15 pm Excellent!

He was literally my top target in FA, great addition imo.
Not my top, but this is an excellent deal. He will fit in extremely well with towns if they do end of playing together. If not, he’s solid off the bench and could become a stud if he’s second string with gorgui
Hes the kind of big we have wanted/needed for a long time now. An athletic defender/finisher who isnt going to be throwing up shots unlike Gorgui/Taj and has the foot speed to switch and recover.

We dont need a stretch 4 when we have Towns, we need a guy who will rebound and play defense. Bell has been a target of mine since before he was drafted and was the best fit/price combo available in FA imo, so im very happy it came together. The fact its only a one year deal worries me however as we wont have any leverage to keep him if he performs how I believe he will. Without major changes happening via trade I expect him to become the starting PF at some point.
It's both him and Vonleh. It is a tad worrying. Unless one stands out over the other and we decide to offer an extended deal next offseason and its sort of *wink wink nudge nudge*, don't even test the waters of free agency.

On the other hand, very easy to trade.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm just wondering if rosas is now going to walk back from his "covington's a 4" comments.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 pm i'm just wondering if rosas is now going to walk back from his "covington's a 4" comments.
I hope so. The guy is a great SF, especially with his man to man D. Don't put him in the paint.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

LordNu wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:22 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 pm i'm just wondering if rosas is now going to walk back from his "covington's a 4" comments.
I hope so. The guy is a great SF, especially with his man to man D. Don't put him in the paint.
More like don't put him on the injured list by getting him destroyed by real power forwards...
LordNu

Re: Jordan Bell

Post by LordNu »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:42 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:17 pm It's both him and Vonleh. It is a tad worrying. Unless one stands out over the other and we decide to offer an extended deal next offseason and its sort of *wink wink nudge nudge*, don't even test the waters of free agency.

On the other hand, very easy to trade.
Im not worried about Vonleh, he wasnt even on my radar. Bell will earn himself a nice payday IMO, hopefully with us. But I guess when I think about it things will work out fine. It all just depends on how he plays, if hes good we will keep him. One year of good wont price him out of our range and you would hope he would want to stay if it was a good situation.

You didnt listen to me and buy chainlink did you? Gone up 10X+ since ive been gone.
Nah, I am too economically conservative. I'll need to follow it more closely for a while to start feeling comfortable and eventually make the leap into crypto. I did open an account on an Australian exchange, but I am not sure they sold chainlink?
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:52 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:02 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:19 am

Years and level of “headcase” were not a part of this calculus. He was paid more, but still not much by nba standards. And he was very high risk/low reward.
Dude....we gave Darko 20 million over 4 years.....how is 1.6 or 1.8 even close to that sum, not even counting the years?! And I'm sorry, if any Darko formula doesn't involve "headcase" as part of the calculus....the formula is literally a failure.
$5M/year isn’t much in the nba. It really isn’t. It wasn’t that much 8 years ago either.

Darko was a headcase. So what? That has nothing to do with being cheap, high-risk, and low-reward. No matter how badly you want it to.
Yeah, we'll just agree to disagree. Darko compared to anyone, doesn't compare. The deals was for more years and more money, and the baggage was too heavy to even get in the door. Mental fortitude and ultimately attitude has everything to do with taking on, or not taking on such a player.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Why did the Warriors not match this dirt cheap offer?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:58 am Why did the Warriors not match this dirt cheap offer?
I thought they renounced his rights? Could be wrong.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:13 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:58 am Why did the Warriors not match this dirt cheap offer?
I thought they renounced his rights? Could be wrong.
Warriors extended the qualifying offer, then the Wolves made their dirt cheap offer, and the Warriors decided not to match. Just seems curious, as they seemed to like him, and cheap talent is always useful for super teams like the Warriors, with no cap flexibility.

Most likely scenario is that Jordan expressed to the Warriors FO, his desire for the opportunity for more minutes, and they respected his wishes.

or, maybe the Warriors were sick of his hotel expenses he charged to other people :lol: ...or maybe they just didn't value him that much?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

This will be Rosas's franchise defining signature move. At least for this Summer..... ;)
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:07 am This will be Rosas's franchise defining signature move. At least for this Summer..... ;)
Wouldn’t that be trading up for Culver? Or was your post some half assed attempt at jest?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:14 am
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:07 am This will be Rosas's franchise defining signature move. At least for this Summer..... ;)
Wouldn’t that be trading up for Culver? Or was your post some half assed attempt at jest?
Culver??!! Now you’re telling the joke right???? :lol:

Good one.....Culver... :lol:

He traded up to get Garland and failed. There can be no doubt about that. Culver is a fall back not who he really traded up to get.

I hope Culver is a good player, hell...I hope he’s the next Jordan, because he is now on the Wolves. I won’t pretend though that he was really the guy Rosas wanted on his team on Draft night.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

happy we added him. one thing i think that's overlooked is his court awareness and passing ability. not all the time, he comes and goes. but when he's dialed in, he can execute some really nifty passes - that other bigs don't have in their toolbox. i look forward to some of that between him and KAT.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Jordan Bell, playing at the high level of what I think his skillset can bring, is a pretty ideal teammate for KAT.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:41 pm Jordan Bell, playing at the high level of what I think his skillset can bring, is a pretty ideal teammate for KAT.
Knowing the Wolves he will have a breakout year and end up getting a contract too big for the Wolves to match next year. Bell made a smart move though by only seeking a 1 year deal to try and cash in next year and what better way to get lots of playing time than in Minny?

I hate knowing that catastrophizing is almost always the likely outcome with this club.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

your avatar makes me very uncomfortable.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Breast cancer awareness month shorts?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Start Covington at the 4. :lol:
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I hope he starts next to KAT.

I like that he’s a RFA after this season as well.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
boo

Post by boo »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:33 pm I hope he starts next to KAT.

Is he still a RFA even after GS renounced his rights?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

boo wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:49 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:33 pm I hope he starts next to KAT.

Is he still a RFA even after GS renounced his rights?
Yes because this will only be his 3rd season, we can give him a qualifying offer after this year for his rights
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I think he can be a younger Taj for us. 8-8-4 would be awesome production from him whiling playing good defense.