Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2020 Gophers Hoops Recruits

Home for Gopher Basketball
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: 2020 Gophers Hoops Recruits

Post by HeHateMe »

6'8, 200lb forward Jamari Sibley is a 247 composite 4-star 2020 talent from Milwaukee now at school at Oak Hill Academy.
Minnesota was one of the first two high majors to offer @sibley_jamari 16 months ago. He visited last fall, will officially visit Minnesota this weekend.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Latest update:

Dawson - wide open
Carlson - Xavier lean after Murrell committed to Stanford
Walton - kind of open but rumors are he wants to be close to family
Berry - MN is right there
Mashburn JR - MN right there, top target probably given that's where Pitino first went during the open period
Gordon - MN has coming for a visit but local schools like Pitt are after him big time
Crowl - Wisconsin lean
Gethro Muscadin - ??? Will be here this weekend though
Mitchell - Rutgers?
Jamari Sibley - visiting this weekend, from Milwaukee at a prep school out east. Georgetown and Iowa in play.

Also saw a juco guard names CJ Kelly. Was at Nicholls State then transferred to a junior college for his sophomore year.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Is Minnesota the favorite for Walton? I remember there was some Walton to Arizona steam over the summer.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Thanks as always for the updates, HHM. I feel pretty good about landing one of Berry or Mashburn.
Style

Post by Style »

I see Kentucky and Marquette picked up PF commits over the past few days. Good news for Garcia/Gophers chances?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
full force five

Post by full force five »

Maybe: NC, Marquette, Baylor all have guys that play a similar position.
Big Head

Post by Big Head »

Someone on Gopher Hole said that Zach Edey (7'-3") had reclassified with 2020 and Gophers had previously offered him. Not following recruiting that closely, but the first I had heard of him.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sauk Centre/@mnmatrix2020 2020 center Jacob Jennissen has committed to Coach Niko Medved and Colorado State. @jacob_jennissen is a top 300 level prospect nationwide in his class.

So Medved has come into Minnesota the last two years and grabbed David Roddy (who picked CSU over MN) and now Jennissen who I think will climb higher in the rankings as the year goes on. Can't teach that size at almost 7 feet tall.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Big Head wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:18 am Someone on Gopher Hole said that Zach Edey (7'-3") had reclassified with 2020 and Gophers had previously offered him. Not following recruiting that closely, but the first I had heard of him.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:34 pm Latest update:

Dawson - wide open
Mashburn JR - MN right there, top target probably given that's where Pitino first went during the open period
Gordon - MN has coming for a visit but local schools like Pitt are after him big time
Crowl - Wisconsin lean
Mitchell - Rutgers?
Jamari Sibley - visiting this weekend, from Milwaukee at a prep school out east. Georgetown and Iowa in play.

Also saw a juco guard names CJ Kelly. Was at Nicholls State then transferred to a junior college for his sophomore year.
Crowl committed to Wisconsin. Hopefully he's like Nate Reuvers and not Alex Illikainen.
full force five

If you think Crowl is like Reuvers you have never seen him play. He makes Alex Illikainen look fast and athletic.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:31 am If you think Crowl is like Reuvers you have never seen him play. He makes Alex Illikainen look fast and athletic.
Crowl is 10x the shooter Illikainen is/was... and Alex was more of a banger in college, Crowl is a skilled big.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:18 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:34 pm Latest update:

Dawson - wide open
Crowl - Wisconsin lean
Mitchell - Rutgers?

Crowl committed to Wisconsin. Hopefully he's like Nate Reuvers and not Alex Illikainen.
Poor man's Reuvers but I would have taken that.
The Replacements

Ben Carlson just committed to Wisconsin. This one surprised me. Gard just signed a highly rated recruiting class by Wisconsin standards. I don't necessarily love rankings but a year ago many Badger fans didn't think Gard to sign anyone.
full force five

Does Wisco have enough open slots?

I hate how Pitino recruits. Sorry.

I'll stand by my comments about Crowl, seen him play multiple times. He's an OK shooter nothing close to as athletic as Reuvers.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 pm Ben Carlson just committed to Wisconsin. This one surprised me. Gard just signed a highly rated recruiting class by Wisconsin standards. I don't necessarily love rankings but a year ago many Badger fans didn't think Gard to sign anyone.
I thought he'd end up at Xavier... I'm surprised. Wasn't Wiscy full?
full force five

Pitiful for the local team. YUCK.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:09 pm Pitiful for the local team. YUCK.
To be fair, I'd be sick to my stomach if this was Garcia and Walton.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Sounds like Ty Berry is down to Minnesota and Northwestern. He would be a really nice pick-up.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Kerwin Walton was offered by North Carolina today.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:01 pm Kerwin Walton was offered by North Carolina today.
Last night! :lol: :beer:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:59 pm Sounds like Ty Berry is down to Minnesota and Northwestern. He would be a really nice pick-up.
Iowa St got a guard so the visit is canceled. OK St has a guard commit and is after a five star kid who has a brother on the staff I believe. I don't even know if he visited Northwestern yet but it should be Minnesota for the pick.
Style

Post by Style »

Berry/Walton/Garcia... Let's play!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
The Replacements

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:06 pm
The Replacements wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 pm Ben Carlson just committed to Wisconsin. This one surprised me. Gard just signed a highly rated recruiting class by Wisconsin standards. I don't necessarily love rankings but a year ago many Badger fans didn't think Gard to sign anyone.
I get the feeling he wanted Stanford and they just signed a similar player. I'm not sure. I get the feeling they believe 1-2 players may transfer next year and signed a big class. What's your take on Carlson? I stopped following because I didn't think it was a possibility.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 pm
I get the feeling he wanted Stanford and they just signed a similar player. I'm not sure. I get the feeling they believe 1-2 players may transfer next year and signed a big class. What's your take on Carlson? I stopped following because I didn't think it was a possibility.
The MN 247 board basically says Wisconsin is one over for next year now so who knows.. someone will have to transfer or go to a grey shirt/ walk on like Joe Hedstrom did last year.

Carlson is solid, I was really underwhelmed during the state tournament and thought Crowl outplayed him. Carlson had the Brown brothers so he wasn't the only focal point like Crowl was.

Good pickups for Wisconsin either way, I would have been happy as a Gophers fan landing these two with the spots though I don't know if Minnesota wanted BOTH of them. I just think Crowl has the higher upside but Carlson is probably the safe option in terms of who will be more ready/steady right away.
The Replacements

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:18 pm
The Replacements wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 pm

The MN 247 board basically says Wisconsin is one over for next year now so who knows.. someone will have to transfer or go to a grey shirt/ walk on like Joe Hedstrom did last year.

Carlson is solid, I was really underwhelmed during the state tournament and thought Crowl outplayed him. Carlson had the Brown brothers so he wasn't the only focal point like Crowl was.

Good pickups for Wisconsin either way, I would have been happy as a Gophers fan landing these two with the spots though I don't know if Minnesota wanted BOTH of them. I just think Crowl has the higher upside but Carlson is probably the safe option in terms of who will be more ready/steady right away.
Thanks for the info. I don't follow recruiting like I use to. I spend more time scheduling my 6 year olds sports schedule.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Will Pitino evah sign someone from Minnesota this year?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
full force five

Not super high on either one (Crowl or Carlson) but they have some talent and could be good role players at Wisconsin.
The Replacements

full force five wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 am Not super high on either one (Crowl or Carlson) but they have some talent and could be good role players at Wisconsin.
....said every Gopher fan about a MN kid(s) committing to Wisconsin. :lol:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:12 pm
full force five wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 am Not super high on either one (Crowl or Carlson) but they have some talent and could be good role players at Wisconsin.
....said every Gopher fan about a MN kid(s) committing to Wisconsin. :lol:
No doubt! :lol:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: