Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Sean Mannion - maybe we have a little hope?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cunningham

Sean Mannion - maybe we have a little hope?

Post by cunningham »

St. Louis / Los Angeles Rams
Mannion was selected by the St. Louis Rams in the third round, 89th overall, of the 2015 NFL Draft.[21] He started his career as the third-string quarterback behind Case Keenum and Nick Foles in his rookie year in 2015.

2015 season: Rookie year
Mannion played in his first NFL game of his career during a Week 12 matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals in which the Rams lost 31-7. He was put in the game late in the fourth quarter, in relief of Case Keenum. He completed 6 passes out of 7 attempts for 31 yards, posting an 85.1 passer (QB) rating.[22]

2016 season
Mannion started 2016 as the second-string backup quarterback behind starter Case Keenum and ahead of the first overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, Jared Goff. In the season-opening 0-28 loss against the San Francisco 49ers, Goff took over as the second-string quarterback, demoting Mannion back as the third-string backup quarterback. Mannion was promoted to second-string for the final two weeks of the season. In Week 17, on New Year's Day, Mannion completed 3 of 6 passes for 19 yards and an interception after starter Jared Goff was subbed out of the game in a 44-6 blowout loss to the Arizona Cardinals.[23]

2017 season
Mannion started the 2017 season as the backup to Goff after Keenum went to the Minnesota Vikings during free agency. In the season opener against the Indianapolis Colts, Mannion came into the game to finish up in relief of Goff after the Rams were up 46–9 and again in Week 15 when they were up 42–7 over the Seattle Seahawks.[24][25] Due to head coach Sean McVay resting most of his starters for the playoffs and having the playoff seed locked in, Mannion started the regular season finale against the San Francisco 49ers. Mannion was 20-of-34 for 169 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions in the 34–13 loss.[26][27]

2018 season
With Goff remaining as the starter, Mannion appeared in three games in relief roles in the 2018 season.[28] The Rams reached Super Bowl LIII, but lost 13-3 to the New England Patriots.
So he has a Super Bowl ring, was drafted by someone who can actually pick a quarterback, and has been hiding on the bench with the Rams. Granted he got beat out by Keenum, but he sounds like a better option than Cousins at this point.

I would bet that Spielman made the same mistake he made with Keenum and has him on a one year deal again. Spielman has ruined this team and we won't be able to clean up his mess for years now. Our offensive line is atrocious and our quarterback situation will hamper this team salary wise for years. Maybe sign Sloter as the back up.

Trade Cousins to Steelers or Saints and get some big picks! Then we can draft a guy next year and let Kubiak pick.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Sean Mannion - maybe we have a little hope?

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:19 pm
Mannion was selected by the St. Louis Rams in the third round, 89th overall, of the 2015 NFL Draft.[21] He started his career as the third-string quarterback behind Case Keenum and Nick Foles in his rookie year in 2015.

Mannion played in his first NFL game of his career during a Week 12 matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals in which the Rams lost 31-7. He was put in the game late in the fourth quarter, in relief of Case Keenum. He completed 6 passes out of 7 attempts for 31 yards, posting an 85.1 passer (QB) rating.[22]

2016 season
Mannion started 2016 as the second-string backup quarterback behind starter Case Keenum and ahead of the first overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, Jared Goff. In the season-opening 0-28 loss against the San Francisco 49ers, Goff took over as the second-string quarterback, demoting Mannion back as the third-string backup quarterback. Mannion was promoted to second-string for the final two weeks of the season. In Week 17, on New Year's Day, Mannion completed 3 of 6 passes for 19 yards and an interception after starter Jared Goff was subbed out of the game in a 44-6 blowout loss to the Arizona Cardinals.[23]

2017 season
Mannion started the 2017 season as the backup to Goff after Keenum went to the Minnesota Vikings during free agency. In the season opener against the Indianapolis Colts, Mannion came into the game to finish up in relief of Goff after the Rams were up 46–9 and again in Week 15 when they were up 42–7 over the Seattle Seahawks.[24][25] Due to head coach Sean McVay resting most of his starters for the playoffs and having the playoff seed locked in, Mannion started the regular season finale against the San Francisco 49ers. Mannion was 20-of-34 for 169 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions in the 34–13 loss.[26][27]

2018 season
With Goff remaining as the starter, Mannion appeared in three games in relief roles in the 2018 season.[28] The Rams reached Super Bowl LIII, but lost 13-3 to the New England Patriots.
So he has a Super Bowl ring, was drafted by someone who can actually pick a quarterback, and has been hiding on the bench with the Rams. Granted he got beat out by Keenum, but he sounds like a better option than Cousins at this point.

I would bet that Spielman made the same mistake he made with Keenum and has him on a one year deal again. Spielman has ruined this team and we won't be able to clean up his mess for years now. Our offensive line is atrocious and our quarterback situation will hamper this team salary wise for years. Maybe sign Sloter as the back up.

Trade Cousins to Steelers or Saints and get some big picks! Then we can draft a guy next year and let Kubiak pick.
Lol. Good lord.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

Its week 2 and people are calling for Mannion.

This is a new low.

I'm embarrassed for you.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

First of all, Cousins's trade value is ZERO unless the Vikings eat $20M of each of the last two years ($40M) total and even then, I'm not sure.

Second, I am on board with Mannion playing. This way, they might lose enough games to finally get a QB in the draft and don't let Speilman draft him.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

You laugh... but Zimmer knows he is close to being on the hot seat.... a couple more games from Cousins like this, I have faith that Zimmer is going to pull the plug on Cousins.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:36 pm You laugh... but Zimmer knows he is close to being on the hot seat.... a couple more games from Cousins like this, I have faith that Zimmer is going to pull the plug on Cousins.
He's gotta. Although, with the amount of pull that Spielman has in this town get ready for this all to come crashing down on Zimmer.

I think Zimmer with Kubiak is an awesome coaching situation that I would love to see go on for the next 10 years. Although, both don't have 10 years left in them at this point. I don't wanna see Zimmer fired for the Cousins signing. That is all Spielman. I thought he should have been fired after the Bears game to end last season. Bradford you could say injury, same with Bridgewater, but with Cousins he was 29 and this was his MO. From college on he has been written about being skiddish. He has struggled with this stuff his entire career.

Maybe you go quick release, but then there are the turnovers.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:36 pm You laugh... but Zimmer knows he is close to being on the hot seat.... a couple more games from Cousins like this, I have faith that Zimmer is going to pull the plug on Cousins.
Well, it's a quick way to getting out of here.

There is no chance of this happening.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Kirk Cousins has proved for 8 years he is not a good NFL QB...Pull the plug now baby!!!!!!!!
Mannion needs to start so the team can decide if he is the future. Kirk will kill the season if you keep starting him. The Vikings brass needs to own up to their mistakes and MOVE ON!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

They aren't pulling the plug on Cousins this year unless they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:58 pm They aren't pulling the plug on Cousins this year unless they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
Wouldn't want to risk injuring him for the final year of his contract here. :(
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Night Train wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:08 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:58 pm They aren't pulling the plug on Cousins this year unless they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
:lol:

I have no faith in Cousins. If we win it will be in-spite of him. $84 million fully guaranteed for three years. Spielman didn’t just screw this team for one season, he stuck us fans in the butt for three fully guaranteed ones.

If he stays and we don’t draft a quarterback round one I don’t know if I can take it. If he stays and he decides who we draft round 1 we are screwed.

He wanted Johnny Football and reluctantly took Bridgewater on the suggestion of Turner. Bridgewater goes down and he trades two picks, including our first rounder for Bradford. A guy who always lost to winning teams, great arm, but horrible with pressure. Foles was a backup in KC at the time....

Keenum comes in and we go to the NFC Championship game because Bradford got “hurt.” What does Spielman do? FU Keenum. I’m Rick Spielman, bitch..

He brings on Bradford Part 2. This time he fully guarantees the contract for three years... something never done in the NFL.

And people thought this would turn out.

What is the definition of insanity????

Letting Rick Spielman pick our quarterback and offensive line.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Lot's of emotion here regarding Kirk, wouldn't you type?

The haters have GOT to settle down a bit and let this play out. Kirk is our guy whether ya like it or not and you can spend your time kicking and screaming about it or you can take a deep breath and cheer him on vs Da Raiders.

SKOL
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Cool. Because Mannion has proven he’s better than Cousins. :roll:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:35 pm
Didn't you hear? Some here think we need to see if Mannion is the "Future" :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:19 pm 2018 season
7 of his 10 plays were kneel downs last season :scooter:

Mannion also is tied with you in career passing touchdowns now in his 5th season. He has zero. :scooter:
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:20 pm

2016 season

2017 season

2018 season

Lol. Good lord.
I wish we could have video tape of the day it dawns on you that your takes are pretty much respected on the exact same level as Cunningham's are, and that includes those about QB play. :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Lol. Good lord.
I wish we could have video tape of the day it dawns on you that your takes are pretty much respected on the exact same level as Cunningham's are, and that includes those about QB play. :lol:
The first mistake you are making is actually thinking I give a shit if people.don't like my takes.

Get some self esteem, mike.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:11 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Lol. Good lord.
The first mistake you are making is actually thinking I give a shit if people.don't like my takes.

Get some self esteem, mike.

You actually care quite a bit, Stanley.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

How so?
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

vikesbumeout wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:18 am
How so?
Did you not see the eye roll?
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:45 am
vikesbumeout wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:18 am

How so?
Did you not see the eye roll?
ohhhhhhh!...........huh.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I know Mannion didn’t pass the eye test. Sloter looked awesome. Rick cut him.

That is the only other option and I just think looking at the list of guys the Rams took maybe he isn’t that bad? Who knows?

What is frustrating is that Spielman never even thought about keeping Keenum and never would have risked drafting Lamar Jackson. He plays not to lose, which means you too often don’t win.

We are like the Hillary Clinton of the NFL with Rick running the show. He and Cousins have no balls. Or maybe Cousins has the balls, but doesn’t know how to use them.

I’m just breaking down after so many years of the BS. Ponder and no competition. 3 years wasted. Bradford, almost two years, McNabb not even being able to throw the ball, 1 year. Bradford for a first and he sucked. Cousins sucks. He didn’t want Teddy.

We win inspite of Cousins and Spielman, but why keep handicapping this team?
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:28 pm
Night Train wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:08 pm

I have no faith in Cousins. If we win it will be in-spite of him. $84 million fully guaranteed for three years. Spielman didn’t just screw this team for one season, he stuck us fans in the butt for three fully guaranteed ones.

If he stays and we don’t draft a quarterback round one I don’t know if I can take it. If he stays and he decides who we draft round 1 we are screwed.

He wanted Johnny Football and reluctantly took Bridgewater on the suggestion of Turner. Bridgewater goes down and he trades two picks, including our first rounder for Bradford. A guy who always lost to winning teams, great arm, but horrible with pressure. Foles was a backup in KC at the time....

Keenum comes in and we go to the NFC Championship game because Bradford got “hurt.” What does Spielman do? FU Keenum. I’m Rick Spielman, bitch..

He brings on Bradford Part 2. This time he fully guarantees the contract for three years... something never done in the NFL.

And people thought this would turn out.

What is the definition of insanity????

Letting Rick Spielman pick our quarterback and offensive line.
JEEZEZ
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

cunningham wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:59 am I know Mannion didn’t pass the eye test. Sloter looked awesome. Rick cut him.

That is the only other option and I just think looking at the list of guys the Rams took maybe he isn’t that bad? Who knows?

What is frustrating is that Spielman never even thought about keeping Keenum and never would have risked drafting Lamar Jackson. He plays not to lose, which means you too often don’t win.

We are like the Hillary Clinton of the NFL with Rick running the show. He and Cousins have no balls. Or maybe Cousins has the balls, but doesn’t know how to use them.

I’m just breaking down after so many years of the BS. Ponder and no competition. 3 years wasted. Bradford, almost two years, McNabb not even being able to throw the ball, 1 year. Bradford for a first and he sucked. Cousins sucks. He didn’t want Teddy.

Deep breath, buddy
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Slim Shady wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:58 am
cunningham wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:59 am I know Mannion didn’t pass the eye test. Sloter looked awesome. Rick cut him.

Deep breath, buddy
I know. I am just frustrated. Another year of my life where we won't be winning a Super Bowl. I feel so locked into Cousins with this contract. Usually we are able to dump a guy if he isn't doing it, but this time it feels like Spielman really doubled-down. I really thought Kubiak would right this ship, but right now Cousins is at the bottom of the entire league. Running game is back, but passing is awful.

I need to take a break. I just really thought it would be better this season. That maybe the Bears game was just a fluke and that because Stefanski has suffered through this team like the rest of us he might be able to turn it around.

Week 1 we looked so good...
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:28 am
Slim Shady wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:58 am

Deep breath, buddy
I know. I am just frustrated. Another year of my life where we won't be winning a Super Bowl. I feel so locked into Cousins with this contract. Usually we are able to dump a guy if he isn't doing it, but this time it feels like Spielman really doubled-down. I really thought Kubiak would right this ship, but right now Cousins is at the bottom of the entire league. Running game is back, but passing is awful.

I need to take a break. I just really thought it would be better this season. That maybe the Bears game was just a fluke and that because Stefanski has suffered through this team like the rest of us he might be able to turn it around.

Week 1 we looked so good...
So settle the fuck down! They had a bad week. It was going to happen. Cripes.

GB hasn't beat this team in almost 3 years. About everything that could have went against us did in GB and we still hadna chance to win.

You are acting like a child.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master