Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Sebastian Telfair sentenced to 3.5 years in prison

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
swenjj

Re: Sebastian Telfair sentenced to 3.5 years in prison

Post by swenjj »

SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:46 pm
Catalyst wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:03 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Huh? What the fuck are you talking about? My statement was clear. No person should go to prison for merely owning a firearm, a juror should nullify any jury in such instances where these types of charges are brought. Period. If you disagree fine, that is why we have juries, but it has nothing to do with my reading comprehension. Richard.
If it was merely owning, I don't believe he would have. Possibly the loaded and was he carrying concealed?
That is all part of owning. I see no victim created by it being loaded or concealed. In other words I don't believe there is such a thing as unlawful (illegal) possession of a firearm. That is my opinion on it.
The second amendment should cover that but guess it depends on where you live somehow. And for the person who said get automatic weapons off the streets? Come on, why bother responding with no clue on the subject. How many machine guns are in the streets?
Style

Post by Style »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:58 am But he can't shoot :shrug:
He needed it for his defense.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:39 pm People should not go to jail for merely owning and/or carrying a firearm, but it looks like he wasn't lucky enough to land a libertarian on his jury.
LOL...are you not familiar with any NY gun laws? You can't even go into a store and touch a weapon without a permit. He had the means to live in Texas and rock as many guns as he wanted, but he was where he was. And regardless of only having a HS education, literally everyone in NY knows how harsh the penalties are if you don't have the proper permit and what not. Further, you do realize this moron was basically parked in the middle of the street, with weed, with guns he wasn't even supposed to have at like 2am? This is simply thinning the herd.....can't blame gun laws on blatant stupidity.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:25 am
SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:39 pm People should not go to jail for merely owning and/or carrying a firearm, but it looks like he wasn't lucky enough to land a libertarian on his jury.
LOL...are you not familiar with any NY gun laws? You can't even go into a store and touch a weapon without a permit. He had the means to live in Texas and rock as many guns as he wanted, but he was where he was. And regardless of only having a HS education, literally everyone in NY knows how harsh the penalties are if you don't have the proper permit and what not. Further, you do realize this moron was basically parked in the middle of the street, with weed, with guns he wasn't even supposed to have at like 2am? This is simply thinning the herd.....can't blame gun laws on blatant stupidity.
Great post.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

So just to be clear for all you weed and/or gun smokers out there: Keep your guns far away from your stash, and vice versa.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:57 am So just to be clear for all you weed and/or gun smokers out there: Keep your guns far away from your stash, and vice versa.
Just to be clear, how do you smoke a gun?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:22 am
irishman89 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:57 am So just to be clear for all you weed and/or gun smokers out there: Keep your guns far away from your stash, and vice versa.
I don't know, Babs. But I do know this – you've really let your uvula go to the dogs.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:22 am

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Man, you just reminded me of this. This is how you smoke a gun.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

swenjj wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:53 am
SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:46 pm
Catalyst wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:03 pm
If it was merely owning, I don't believe he would have. Possibly the loaded and was he carrying concealed?
That is all part of owning. I see no victim created by it being loaded or concealed. In other words I don't believe there is such a thing as unlawful (illegal) possession of a firearm. That is my opinion on it.
The second amendment should cover that but guess it depends on where you live somehow. And for the person who said get automatic weapons off the streets? Come on, why bother responding with no clue on the subject. How many machine guns are in the streets?
Hugs not drugs, homie.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I liked his handles but he couldn’t defend anyone.

I still remember when Tony Parker dropped 50 on him vs the wolves.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

All his weapons he was caught with
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Hence why this isn't some libertarian argument.....this is stupid vs smart. Seabass is clearly not the latter.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Fucking rolling with an MP5 of some kind? Shit, he's lucky he got the 3.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 pm

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

He doesn't have his license, Liiiiisa.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Hence why this isn't some libertarian argument.....this is stupid vs smart. Seabass is clearly not the latter.
I see no problem with him owning those, yes he was stupid, but stupid people have rights too.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Guns....AND drugs. Drugs are not in the 2nd amendment. This isn't a gun crime alone.

Telfair is messed up in that video. Dude ain't right in the head.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Free Brother Telfair!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:53 pm Guns....AND drugs. Drugs are not in the 2nd amendment. This isn't a gun crime alone.

Telfair is messed up in that video. Dude ain't right in the head.
I think drugs are generally a victimless crime (unless tainted) and people ought to be allowed to buy, sell and put in their bodies things of their choosing. I wouldn't convict anyone of a drug crime either. Drugs should be legal.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:15 pm

I see no problem with him owning those, yes he was stupid, but stupid people have rights too.
Do you really want "stupid people" owning GUNS?

He was stupid because he had already been busted for this before, and IMO he thought he was special, and could do WTF he wanted.
He should have applied for a conceal and carry, (which are rare in NY) and he should not have had and assault rifle in the truck.

NY rights are not the same as ANY other state. He should have known being a native. Idiots belong in jail. Where are his rights now? I don't feel sorry for any ex pro who lets their ego get in the way of common sense.
AP is broke as hell now after earning a 100 million dollars. Feel sorry for him?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:16 am

He was stupid because he had already been busted for this before, and IMO he thought he was special, and could do WTF he wanted.
He should have applied for a conceal and carry, (which are rare in NY) and he should not have had and assault rifle in the truck.

NY rights are not the same as ANY other state. He should have known being a native. Idiots belong in jail. Where are his rights now? I don't feel sorry for any ex pro who lets their ego get in the way of common sense.
AP is broke as hell now after earning a 100 million dollars. Feel sorry for him?
What I want other people to do is irrelevant. People do things I don't want them to do all the time. We all the have same rights regardless of the state one is in mentally or geographically if under the jursistiction the US Constitution.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:18 am

What I want other people to do is irrelevant. People do things I don't want them to do all the time. We all the have same rights regardless of the state one is in mentally or geographically if under the jursistiction the US Constitution.
We all have the same rights, and we ALL have the same LAWS. I tell you what, check out gun laws in NY and then try defending him.
He was stupid, HE broke the LAW....TWICE....and now he's paying the price for being "STUPID."
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:09 am

We all have the same rights, and we ALL have the same LAWS. I tell you what, check out gun laws in NY and then try defending him.
He was stupid, HE broke the LAW....TWICE....and now he's paying the price for being "STUPID."
And like I said if I were a juror I would nullify the LAW. Jury nullification is within my rights. The LAW is only enforceable if you can get convictions. Unjust laws run the risk of not getting convictions. Him being stupid doesn't factor into his rights and is not a crime.

It is fine that you disagree, but I would do what I would do. You would do what you would do. You're not going to change my mind on nullification and I am not going to change yours of finding according strictly by the law regardless of if the law is just or valid.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:25 am

And like I said if I were a juror I would nullify the LAW. Jury nullification is within my rights. The LAW is only enforceable if you can get convictions. Unjust laws run the risk of not getting convictions. Him being stupid doesn't factor into his rights and is not a crime.

It is fine that you disagree, but I would do what I would do. You would do what you would do. You're not going to change my mind on nullification and I am not going to change yours of finding according strictly by the law regardless of if the law is just or valid.
Then why have laws at all?

I should be free to rape and murder people because I am stupid and don't have to follow the law.
And drugs should be legal? ALL drug? Just wait until a stupid person leaves them lying around for the stupid kid to overdose on. Or better yet, let him blow his stupid head off because stupid dad left his stupid loaded gun laying around.

BTW, not trying to change your mind, but trying to understand why you think that idiot should be let off the hook after he already was busted before. Again....Why? Stupid is not an excuse.
Last edited by Mplsfonz on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:56 am

Not a valid argument. That would assume all laws are unjust and have a high likelihood of being nullified.

The reality is only a select few laws are unjust or criminal activity justified.

For instance, if some pervert molested a person's kid and they kill the perpetrator, would you convict? I wouldn't. That is the likely difference between us.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:58 am

Not a valid argument. That would assume all laws are unjust and have a high likelihood of being nullified.

The reality is only a select few laws are unjust or criminal activity justified.

For instance, if some pervert molested a person's kid and they kill the perpetrator, would you convict? I wouldn't.
VERY VALID!
But that is for a jury to decide. Not just "nullify" for the sake of nullifying. I would like to hear the facts before I make a decision.

If we all took the law into our own hands, would that be okay with you?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:13 pm

For instance, if some pervert molested a person's kid and they kill the perpetrator, would you convict? I wouldn't.
VERY VALID!
But that is for a jury to decide. Not just "nullify" for the sake of nullifying. I would like to hear the facts before I make a decision.

I am talking about jury nullification. So a jury would be deciding by listening to facts. You talk like you don't understand how it works. The facts of the case are he was charged with gun and drug charges all of which I view as unjust. Should he have a charge of public endangerment as an example I might convict on that based again on the facts.

I in select cases would be fine with vigilantism. But you would be required to prove the person deserved it or that your actions were warranted.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:13 pm

VERY VALID!

I am talking about jury nullification. So a jury would be deciding by listening to facts. You talk like you don't understand how it works. The facts of the case are he was charged with gun and drug charges all of which I view as unjust. Should he have a charge of public endangerment as an example I might convict on that based again on the facts.

I in select cases would be fine with vigilantism. But you would be required to prove the person deserved it or that your actions were warranted.
Are you aware of the gun laws in NY?
He is not allowed to carry a concealed weapon with out a permit. What part about that is so hard for you to understand?
And just because YOU wouldn't have a problem with vigilante's running around, how can you prove without a doubt they deserved it? It's subject to opinion at that point, and stupid people like ST should not be allowed to make those decisions.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

​​​​​​​I’m waiting for my daughter right now to get her period. Real mental illness because I wasn’t around… She hasn’t even gotten her period yet.'
...I...what?