Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Looking at getting a C63 AMG

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Looking at getting a C63 AMG

Post by Mizuno Man »

I really like this car. I'm looking at used 2010-2012. 481WHP for around 25k. The only negative is the earlier engines had headbolt issues...plus it's RWD. I should get a POS truck for the winter months.

But she sure is mean....I'd like the fact that when sitting by almost any car....bye..bye mother fucker.

I mean it's no Fiesta ST with the sport package...but...yeah
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Cobey
Trouble

Re: Looking at getting a C63 AMG

Post by Cobey »

It's a shitty M3, yet somehow more expensive. But have at it, I guess.
Mizuno Man

Post by Mizuno Man »

Wound up getting a 2013 CLS 550 4-matic. Got a Weistec tune. I now have 540 HP and 715 ft/lbs of torque. Should do low 12s in 1/4 and had to top speed limiter removed. Should top out at 180 mph+

I hope I don't run into some angry dude in a Fiesta...i'll prolly get blown away.
whip.jpg
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

nice. what they asking for something like that these days?
Mizuno Man

Post by Mizuno Man »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:48 pm nice. what they asking for something like that these days?
New they are about $78k

I got mine for $24k but it's a 7 year old car with 80k miles on it.
Asknot to WNU
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

You pick that up at the Rogers location or the Blaine location?
Mizuno Man

Post by Mizuno Man »

Cobey wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:57 pm You pick that up at the Rogers location or the Blaine location?
Bought it in Rogers 2 weeks ago. Easiest car purchase I'm ever made. Offered $500 less than asking. They didn't know this was an AMG version with over $6,500 in added and hidden options. You can't find another one within 300 miles.
Asknot to WNU
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mizuno Man wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:23 am
Cobey wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:57 pm You pick that up at the Rogers location or the Blaine location?
Bought it in Rogers 2 weeks ago. Easiest car purchase I'm ever made. Offered $500 less than asking. They didn't know this was an AMG version with over $6,500 in added and hidden options. You can't find another one within 300 miles.
I had a similar experience at the Blaine location about 6 or 7 years ago. Kind of a hidden gem of a local used car dealership, I think.