Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***who's ready for some baseball? twins-tribe series thread***

A place to discuss the MN Twins
whiskerbiscuit

Re: ***who's ready for some baseball? twins-tribe series thread***

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Nice series w. The central is ours.

HAM STEAK tommorow.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:30 pm Not sure why they'd bring Rogers out. Are they trying to burn him out?
Thought the same thing. At least it was a quick inning.
Bon Scott

Post by Bon Scott »

D_H wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:14 pm 3 game seeep coming by Cleveland , this will be men against boys.

Trump will forever be known as Potus who was so full of shit that country ran out of Toilet Paper.
Mnsportsfan22

Post by Mnsportsfan22 »

Its hilarious how silent dh has been the last day and a half
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:30 pm Not sure why they'd bring Rogers out. Are they trying to burn him out?
let's you know what rocco thinks of the bullpen. and rogers. maybe he's a rubber arm.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:38 pm
Normally, I would probably agree, but under the circumstances it was best not to fuck around and just get this thing in the books as a Twins W.
Last edited by Ron Burgundy 4 President on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:39 pm Image
Gets me every time.

:lol:
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:40 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:39 pm Image
Gets me every time.

:lol:
x2
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Feel bad for Kepler. Twins win tomorrow could very well mean Bauer has pitched his last game for the Indians.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:40 pm
Normally, I would probably agree, but under the circumstances it was best not to fuck around and just get this thing in the books as a Twins W.
Agreed. Too much at stake with these games.

I do however, wish Rocco had more faith in May. He probably has the second best talent of the current pen, but he seems underutilized to me.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:57 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Agreed. Too much at stake with these games.

I do however, wish Rocco had more faith in May. He probably has the second best talent of the current pen, but he seems underutilized to me.
i just wish they'd make the trade already for the BP arm that they know they need.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Just got home from work and saw that Kepler now has 5 straight home runs in his last 5 ab's against Bauer?

Has a streak like that ever happened before in history?
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:18 pm Just got home from work and saw that Kepler now has 5 straight home runs in his last 5 ab's against Bauer?

At one point, he was 5/5. I think that streak broke tonight. Pretty incredible streak though, and my guess is that it has not happened before.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:18 pm Just got home from work and saw that Kepler now has 5 straight home runs in his last 5 ab's against Bauer?

At one point, he was 5/5. I think that streak broke tonight. Pretty incredible streak though, and my guess is that it has not happened before.
MLB record
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Where's DH? Bwhahahahahaa
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm

MLB record
:bow:
Mnsportsfan22

Post by Mnsportsfan22 »

MLB record
I think they said it has happened before but the record is it's the first time it has happened in the same season. Kepler has been awesome!!
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Great game. I honestly think, using the same alignment, only Buxton makes that catch. Just amazing. Hopefully just a tough landing and not a concussion or something too bad. Pro was solid, wished we had trust in the pen to save Rogers for tomorrow if berrios is in his like 10th straight tight game. Guessing they wanted to guarantee a series win (and I don’t think I’ve seen two better game ending pitches ever outside of the two Rogers threw). But man a sweep would be awesome.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:39 pm Great game. I honestly think, using the same alignment, only Buxton makes that catch. Just amazing. Hopefully just a tough landing and not a concussion or something too bad. Pro was solid, wished we had trust in the pen to save Rogers for tomorrow if berrios is in his like 10th straight tight game. Guessing they wanted to guarantee a series win (and I don’t think I’ve seen two better game ending pitches ever outside of the two Rogers threw). But man a sweep would be awesome.
i didn't think head injury-but it very well might be. a violent landing for sure. hopefully it's just bruised ribs and a headache. anybody know yet? i found this on the interwebs.

According to Do-Hyoung Park of MLB.com, manager Rocco Baldelli indicated Buxton was being examined but had no specifics on what was bothering him.

Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:56 pm

MLB record
:bow:
Only 2 other guys have done what Kepler has done against Bauer.

Carlos Delgado did it against Jorge Sosa in 03-04

Frank Howard did it against Bob Hendley in 63-64
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

I hope they come out today and realize that a win buries them. I fear they will be somewhat content with 2/3 even if they don’t admit it. 6.5 is nice but 8.5 is huge.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:52 am I hope they come out today and realize that a win buries them. I fear they will be somewhat content with 2/3 even if they don’t admit it. 6.5 is nice but 8.5 is huge.
I’m sure they fully understand the significance of where they stand if they win or lose. I don’t get the feeling they’re content winning 2/3.
BBG

Post by BBG »

FB_IMG_1563116959639.jpg
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Buxton (face/chest) is out of the lineup for Sunday's game against the Indians.

Buxton exited late in Saturday's 6-2 win after he appeared to suffer a facial or chest injury while making a diving catch in the outfield. The Twins have been mum on the exact nature of Buxton's injury, but manager Rocco Baldelli described the 25-year-old's situation after Saturday's game as a "day-to-day" matter, per Do-Hyoung Park of MLB.com. Max Kepler will fill in for Buxton in center field in the series finale.
Last edited by weimy froob on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

ForCaleb wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:15 am
Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:52 am I hope they come out today and realize that a win buries them. I fear they will be somewhat content with 2/3 even if they don’t admit it. 6.5 is nice but 8.5 is huge.
I’m sure they fully understand the significance of where they stand if they win or lose. I don’t get the feeling they’re content winning 2/3.
A Twins win today turns Cleveland into sellers.
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

dennis1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:12 am A Twins win today turns Cleveland into sellers.
:clap:
If Gardy was still manager he would tell the team to rest and we would lose. That was usually the case. We still might but we will lose trying if we do.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

That’s not my point. For example, any observer will tell you that a playoff game has more intensity than a regular game. Does that mean they aren’t trying to win the regular season game? No. But it’s different. The urgency adds a second gear. Does that mean they don’t try as hard in the regular season? Yes. It does. I fear that they won’t have the urgency in this one that they had for the last two.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:50 am
That’s not my point. For example, any observer will tell you that a playoff game has more intensity than a regular game. Does that mean they aren’t trying to win the regular season game? No. But it’s different. The urgency adds a second gear. Does that mean they don’t try as hard in the regular season? Yes. It does. I fear that they won’t have the urgency in this one that they had for the last two.
What makes you think they won’t have the urgency to win today?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Let's get the sweep today!