Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2019 Draft Thread

A place to discuss the MN Wild
bubu dubu.

Re: 2019 Draft Thread

Post by bubu dubu. »

Wild were supposed to have pick 11, but fell a spot. MN sports fan in me says we want Cole, but he's going at 11
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Vancouver fans are still dumb I guess. Booing the best player on the board? He's gonna score a lot of goals playing with Petterson and Boeser.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:12 pm Wild were supposed to have pick 11, but fell a spot. MN sports fan in me says we want Cole, but he's going at 11
Yeah, I pretty much said as much earlier. To rub salt in the wound, Chuck Fletcher will be making that decision, so I'll 100% be the guy we would have taken even if they never admit it.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:12 pm Vancouver fans are still dumb I guess. Booing the best player on the board? He's gonna score a lot of goals playing with Petterson and Boeser.
No kidding. I was thinking the same thing. Nucks are lucky to have Boeser. Damn Wild 😡
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Trade to Arizona. Yotes get 11 pick
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Yotes need a goalie. We shall see
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Arizona jumped us!
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Fletcher keeps fucking the wild over and over.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Soderstrom to the Yotes. Another surprise
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Four defenseman off the board. Fenton won't be able to help himself and reach for another one at 12.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:20 pm Four defenseman off the board. Fenton won't be able to help himself and reach for another one at 12.
Who you got Ron?
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Lol they knew are hard on for sweedish d man.

Cole, Boldy, Knight, Krebs?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Okay, please take Cole.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:20 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:20 pm Four defenseman off the board. Fenton won't be able to help himself and reach for another one at 12.
Who you got Ron?
Caufield is who I want. I think he takes that Finnish defenseman named Mikko
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Boldy it is
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Got a guy with some size and is physical. God knows they need that
Ron Burgundy 4 President

I'm ok with it I guess. Most of the mocks I saw already had him off the board.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Alright. At least it wasnt the goalie.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

I believe that’s the fifth USA kid drafted
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Knight to the Panthers
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Matthew Boldy

Position: Left wing
Height: 6-foot-2
Weight: 192 lbs
Club: U.S. National Team Development Program
Nationality: United States

A Boston College commit, Boldy is one of the most skilled players in the draft. He has incredibly soft hands and is a tremendous passer with great vision. He can finish, but shouldn't be classified as a pure shooter.

Boldy's speed isn't incredibly impressive, but for a player his size, his change of direction has turned heads. Combined with his ability to handle the puck in short areas, his game will translate well at the pro level.

Making player comparisons is a dicey proposition, but he shares many of the same qualities as Colorado Avalanche forward Mikko Rantanen.

What they're saying

The Athletic's Corey Pronman outlined some of Boldy's weaknesses in his draft rankings.

"Boldy’s consistency was an issue this season. When competing hard, he’s often catching unsuspecting players on the backcheck and gets to the net to score. However, he had stretches this season where he didn’t impact games, and sometimes they were long stretches. His main weakness over the years was his skating. I think it’s improved to an average level, but he’s not a powerful skater and his stride could be cleaned up."
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Slick trade by Fletcher assuming he's still getting the guy he wanted.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Russo said the Wild also liked Krebs a lot, so thats kind of cool knowing that they truly got who they wanted. Was kind of worried PHO was sniping us.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Cant be mad at that pick!

Yes we all fell in love with the tiny guy who can shoot but Boldy is highly skilled with size.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:33 pm Matthew Boldy

A Boston College commit, Boldy is one of the most skilled players in the draft. He has incredibly soft hands and is a tremendous passer with great vision. He can finish, but shouldn't be classified as a pure shooter.

Boldy's speed isn't incredibly impressive, but for a player his size, his change of direction has turned heads. Combined with his ability to handle the puck in short areas, his game will translate well at the pro level.

Making player comparisons is a dicey proposition, but he shares many of the same qualities as Colorado Avalanche forward Mikko Rantanen.

What they're saying

The Athletic's Corey Pronman outlined some of Boldy's weaknesses in his draft rankings.

"Boldy’s consistency was an issue this season. When competing hard, he’s often catching unsuspecting players on the backcheck and gets to the net to score. However, he had stretches this season where he didn’t impact games, and sometimes they were long stretches. His main weakness over the years was his skating. I think it’s improved to an average level, but he’s not a powerful skater and his stride could be cleaned up."
So he's slow and lazy. Might be able to fix the lazy part, but if the kid's slow at 18 he isn't getting any faster.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:34 pm

What they're saying

So he's slow and lazy. Might be able to fix the lazy part, but if the kid's slow at 18 he isn't getting any faster.
He can improve his stride to get a bit faster Ron. If that happens is the question
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Fletch gets York
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Caulfields size is obviously hurting him
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:36 pm

What they're saying

He can improve his stride to get a bit faster Ron. If that happens is the question
Assuming he's never really worked on it that is true. I find at hard to believe with the National team he wasn't working on it however. I guess we'll find out.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:40 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:36 pm

Assuming he's never really worked on it that is true. I find at hard to believe with the National team he wasn't working on it however. I guess we'll find out.
He didn’t decide hockey was his sport until he was 17 as he played other sports too so I think his speed can be improved