Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

CP3 Has Demanded Trade

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: CP3 Has Demanded Trade

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:34 pm Don't get me wrong.. If the Wolves can move up to get Garland or have a chance at Russell, I would much rather either option.

Let's just say there are no major moves to be had this off season and we stay at #11, I wouldn't mind this move as a last resort.
Go to Hoopshype right now and read the Rosas quotes. He talks a lot about moving around but he says that despite it being a fairly flat draft the price to move into the top 5 is always the same. That does not signal a move up. I'm getting the vibe now that we are going to move back from 11 and up from 43.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:39 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:34 pm Don't get me wrong.. If the Wolves can move up to get Garland or have a chance at Russell, I would much rather either option.

Let's just say there are no major moves to be had this off season and we stay at #11, I wouldn't mind this move as a last resort.
Go to Hoopshype right now and read the Rosas quotes. He talks a lot about moving around but he says that despite it being a fairly flat draft the price to move into the top 5 is always the same. That does not signal a move up. I'm getting the vibe now that we are going to move back from 11 and up from 43.
You are probably right. Also, I have been looking at what do we have that anyone wants?

Like you said, it's going to cost a grip. People throwing out the "Saric and #11" are ridiculous. No one is moving out of the top 5 for Saric. :lol:

About the only thing we have is future picks and I think this team is going to suck if no significant moves happen. I'm not willing to give those up.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

I could see the Wolves getting involved in a three-team deal if it game them the chance to move Wiggins' contract.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I'll be stunned if both Teague and Andrew are here in 48 hours. I sense one or both are history if there's a way that keeps 2021 clear.
Last edited by irishman89 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

irishman89 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:45 pm I'll be stunned if both Teague and Andrew are here in 48 hours.
Hopefully both are gone. :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
T_J

Post by T_J »

Devil's advocate here. Cp3 has probably lost a step, but hasn't his role been drastically reduced playing with Harden, the most ball dominant guy ever?

I get he's older, but the Wiggins numbers show him as one of the worst guys in the league at nearly the same price and years. Wouldn't you rather have what is probably still a top 10 pg? Bring back Tyus and don't play him 38 min a night. I bet we'd see good results. The west is wide open, it could be a fun couple year run.

Devil's advocate out.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

T_J wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:47 pm Devil's advocate here. Cp3 has probably lost a step, but hasn't his role been drastically reduced playing with Harden, the most ball dominant guy ever?

I get he's older, but the Wiggins numbers show him as one of the worst guys in the league at nearly the same price and years. Wouldn't you rather have what is probably still a top 10 pg? Bring back Tyus and don't play him 38 min a night. I bet we'd see good results. The west is wide open, it could be a fun couple year run.

Devil's advocate out.
I'm all for this. You have said it well. Except the Tyus part. Go get a better backup.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:38 pm I woudl believe he woudl if it helps get that max contract free agent in the door. Next year he gets a max contract without any limitations to the salary cap and the Lakers don't give a rats ass about the luxury tax.
Mlhouse, how many years ago was it that you said the Lakers would quickly rebuild?

They haven’t made the playoffs in 6 years.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I really hate Chris Paul.
D_H

Post by D_H »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:50 pm I really hate Chris Paul.

He's cooked
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

His age. His contract. His flops. His whiny bitch personality. His face. His commercials. Probably his mother.

Gross. All of him.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:46 pm
irishman89 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:45 pm I'll be stunned if both Teague and Andrew are here in 48 hours.
Hopefully both are gone. :thumbsup:
I will take the day off to celebrate if both happen
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm Posted this in the other thread, but would anyone do Teague, Dieng, and 11 for CP3? Don't think I would but just a thought.
I would do Teague and Dieng. No lotto pick though
Maybe a couple of seconds instead?
Houston needs to send a couple of firsts to ask a team to take that contract. They are not getting positive value. It is worse than Wiggins. No thanks.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:43 pm

You are probably right. Also, I have been looking at what do we have that anyone wants?

Like you said, it's going to cost a grip. People throwing out the "Saric and #11" are ridiculous. No one is moving out of the top 5 for Saric. :lol:

About the only thing we have is future picks and I think this team is going to suck if no significant moves happen. I'm not willing to give those up.
I do think Pho is the perfect combo of stupid and scared. But I also think that another team would beat our offer. Again I don't think it would be Saric to move up it would be a swap of Teague and Johnson plus our lightly protected first next year and we would move Saric for another lower pick this year.

But just going by the quotes from the combine on it seems like Rosas is looking to move back. I hope we don't miss out on one of my favorites doing it but I can certainly see the logic with only 10 guys under contract. Spend this year filling out the role players. Hope one or two of them exceed expectations. Make your future starting at the deadline.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Rosa's has three things in play. Move up or get Russell or get Paul which involves moving Wiggins for at least two of those.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

thinktank wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:50 pm
mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:38 pm I woudl believe he woudl if it helps get that max contract free agent in the door. Next year he gets a max contract without any limitations to the salary cap and the Lakers don't give a rats ass about the luxury tax.
Mlhouse, how many years ago was it that you said the Lakers would quickly rebuild?

I am not a Laker fan, so I am not sure why you dwell on this. The Lakers ALWAYS have the ability to rebuild fast. They have been hindered by the ownership transition and bad management. I think if Jerry Buss dies in 2015, James goes to LA instead of Cleveland. But with his death the entire ownership situation became a shambles.

The Lakers are the premiere franchise in the league. They have by far the most revenue, enhanced by a local media contract that brings in more than $150 million per year. They can spend on guys and not give a shit about the luxury taxes. Players WANT to be in LA and being a Laker has significant additional financial and other benefits. Competent ownership and front office would have changed things faster with teh post-Kobe Lakers.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:41 pm

I am not a Laker fan, so I am not sure why you dwell on this. The Lakers ALWAYS have the ability to rebuild fast. They have been hindered by the ownership transition and bad management. I think if Jerry Buss dies in 2015, James goes to LA instead of Cleveland. But with his death the entire ownership situation became a shambles.

The Lakers are the premiere franchise in the league. They have by far the most revenue, enhanced by a local media contract that brings in more than $150 million per year. They can spend on guys and not give a shit about the luxury taxes. Players WANT to be in LA and being a Laker has significant additional financial and other benefits. Competent ownership and front office would have changed things faster with teh post-Kobe Lakers.
:lol:

Classic, Mlhouse.

You were waaaay off Mlhouse.

By several years.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

thinktank wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:42 pm
mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:41 pm

:lol:

Classic, Mlhouse.

You were waaaay off Mlhouse.

By several years.
Snore.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Ew
Spoiler:
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:27 pm

I do think Pho is the perfect combo of stupid and scared. But I also think that another team would beat our offer. Again I don't think it would be Saric to move up it would be a swap of Teague and Johnson plus our lightly protected first next year and we would move Saric for another lower pick this year.

But just going by the quotes from the combine on it seems like Rosas is looking to move back. I hope we don't miss out on one of my favorites doing it but I can certainly see the logic with only 10 guys under contract. Spend this year filling out the role players. Hope one or two of them exceed expectations. Make your future starting at the deadline.
If that is his plan we are screwed.
witljon

Post by witljon »

So Paul is 35 and makes $35 mill a year?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:27 pm

If that is his plan we are screwed.
Why? I refer you to this team called the Raptors. You know, that one where every big name but 1 is over the hill and a 2nd rounder and a UDFA are probably the 2nd and 3rd reason they won/
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

Lol that player option though... like wtf did he need a player option at that age?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:07 pm
Why? I refer you to this team called the Raptors. You know, that one where every big name but 1 is over the hill and a 2nd rounder and a UDFA are probably the 2nd and 3rd reason they won/
And Lowry and Leonard.... please.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pm Rosa's has three things in play. Move up or get Russell or get Paul which involves moving Wiggins for at least two of those.
Agreed. Looks like he is finally going to fix our PG position. The most important position in basketball. No wonder this organization has a rotten history. We never have a good one.

I will be happy will either of the 3. Paul the least but I would still take him if they take Wiggins.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

No thanks on Chris Paul.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:15 pm
Every big name but 1? Read again? You think Lowrey is some kind of young star? His entire rep is el playoff foldo. Lowrey was not as good as his UDFA backup.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:21 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pm Rosa's has three things in play. Move up or get Russell or get Paul which involves moving Wiggins for at least two of those.
Agreed. Looks like he is finally going to fix our PG position. The most important position in basketball. No wonder this organization has a rotten history. We never have a good one.

I will be happy will either of the 3. Paul the least but I would still take him if they take Wiggins.
2 I don't think he can's and 1 he won't.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:21 pm

What do you think it would cost to move up from #11 and get one of the PGs?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:30 pm
mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:15 pm
Every big name but 1? Read again? You think Lowrey is some kind of young star? His entire rep is el playoff foldo. Lowrey was not as good as his UDFA backup.
He is a star. Plus, they developed these guys. Something the Wolves fail at because they stick to guys like Jeff Teague who will not impact the future of the team. They will give him minutes but not develop future players. We have been doing this since 2009.