Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Apparently Woj talking to someone on the Wolves

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Apparently Woj talking to someone on the Wolves

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:43 am Towns for #1 and #4?
Zion is untouchable.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

sh1mmyya wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:21 am
SHAFA wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:10 am
Style wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:35 am

Any time the biggest news breaker is heard trying to get a hold of our POBO 3x in 20 minutes just days before the draft, it's going to result in a post on a Wolves message board.

Sorry that bothers you.
I don’t care that someone posted the video. It’s about the depths some will go to scrounge up baseless rumors in order to feed an insatiable appetite of speculation. It’s like lessons haven’t been learned.
What does it hurt?
It just astounds me that people will still take a 20 second clip with absolutely zero context and spin it into “ZOMG WIGGINS GETTING TRADED” after digging up some rando’s Twitter post.

Could that be the case? Maybe. Is it likely? No.

It’s Woj. He’s known every pick before it’s happened for how many years now? And he’s trying to call the GM of a lottery team days before the draft? How do we know he isn’t calling every other team? How do we know he’s not going down the line to try and gauge where each team stands 48 hours out?

But of course, in true fashion, we jump for the most unlikely of scenarios.
populousample

Post by populousample »

Hmmm...start over with the #1, #4, and #11...do we like the draft this year that much?...if you could ship out Gorgui and keep ROCO...Teague off the books next year....Wiggins?

How close are we really with KAT?...the same with Zion?

Young coach...

New POBO with a vision...
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

populousample wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:59 am
Hmmm...start over with the #1, #4, and #11...do we like the draft this year that much?...if you could ship out Gorgui and keep ROCO...Teague off the books next year....Wiggins?

Young coach...

Why would New Orleans trade Zion? Where are the Pelicans with Towns, Ingram, Ball, Holiday?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:09 pm

Young coach...

Why would New Orleans trade Zion? Where are the Pelicans with Towns, Ingram, Ball, Holiday?
Timberwolves 2018-2019
Style

Post by Style »

Young coach...

Towns > Zion. Wouldn't you reckon? Even with max money vs. rookie scale, blah blah.

GIMME BIG KAT!!!!!

:coolio: :bday:
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
populousample

Post by populousample »

Young coach...

If they would, I suppose they would trade for KAT for the same reasons the Wolves wouldn’t trade KAT. Understandably though Zion’s talent and potential and rosters are absolute factors as well. I really just posed the ponderings from a Wolves perspective given KAT is the most untouchable and it would be a definitive shift in a different direction for Wolves.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

can Zion be a top 10 player? He needs a jump shot. I'm inclined to think KAT > Zion as of now...
T_J

Post by T_J »

NO would be stupid not to do Towns for #1. The wolves would also be stupid for doing that.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

well, if NOP's recent eye test means anything to them, KAT averaged 27-17-4 with 3 bpg in four contests vs the pels this year. and KAT went head to head against AD in three of the four.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:42 pm
#Timberwolves are aggressively shopping Andrew Wiggins, per league source. @TreyRodriquezNY
The Miami #Heat are among the few teams that have shown some interest in Wiggins.
Holy shit. Will they give us Richardson? He had a sort of injured down year. Wigs and Gorgs for Richardson and Whiteside? Man, go get shit faced and play darts and shit is happening. Guess it's lean in to the curve and get drunk again.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm
#Timberwolves are aggressively shopping Andrew Wiggins, per league source. @TreyRodriquezNY
The Miami #Heat are among the few teams that have shown some interest in Wiggins.
Holy shit. Will they give us Richardson? He had a sort of injured down year. Wigs and Gorgs for Richardson and Whiteside? Man, go get shit faced and play darts and shit is happening. Guess it's lean in to the curve and get drunk again.
Um, what?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Um, what?
You wouldn't do that?
Style

Post by Style »

Another one of your great replies. :|
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks . I appreciate that you love and admire me.
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:30 pm
Yeah, not even close. Like not even in the same universe. But, to your credit, it's one of your more accurate takes lately.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:27 pm
Um, what?
You wouldn't do that?
Who wouldn't? Besides Miami of course. :thinking:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:33 pm

Yeah, not even close. Like not even in the same universe. But, to your credit, it's one of your more accurate takes lately.
I deserve that credit because I put in the hours to be awesome. Thank again for the acclaim and praise. If anyone deserves it it's me. ME! Wait................no......it is me.
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:36 pm
I deserve that credit because I put in the hours to be awesome. Thank again for the acclaim and praise. If anyone deserves it it's me. ME! Wait................no......it is me.
If you've put in the hours to be at your level of "awesome", you're going to need a few millenniums to become tolerable.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:35 pm
Um, what?
You wouldn't do that?
Mia wants Whiteside off the team. He doesn't like them and they don't like him. Richardson was taking some shit during the year for not taking the next step and there was some noise on how they should have included him in a trade for Butler.

And Spolstra and Riley are just way smarter than us and they may think they can turn Wigs into what he should be.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:39 pm

If you've put in the hours to be at your level of "awesome", you're going to need a few millenniums to become tolerable.
My incredible light can be blinding to the uninitiated. You just keep working and you'll get there.

Sincerely, ThrillKill.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:43 pm
You wouldn't do that?
Mia wants Whiteside off the team. He doesn't like them and they don't like him. Richardson was taking some shit during the year for not taking the next step and there was some noise on how they should have included him in a trade for Butler.

And Spolstra and Riley are just way smarter than us and they may think they can turn Wigs into what he should be.
Which is why they'd offer Waiters and James Johnson.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:44 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Which is why they'd offer Waiters and James Johnson.
Well of course they would. They offered that for Butler and 5 different guys last year. And that's why they have none of them and still have J. Johnson and Waiters.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:44 pm
Style wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:39 pm
My incredible light can be blinding to the uninitiated. You just keep working and you'll get there.

Sincerely, ThrillKill.
:lol:

As much as you can rile me up too, you'll always have a place in my WC heart.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:53 am
Zion is untouchable.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/270 ... police-say
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:58 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:53 am
Zion is untouchable.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/270 ... police-say
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:41 am Maybe they are just making him available to just give a “State of the Wolves” report before the draft. They used to do something to talk about it on the radio to drum up interest in the draft/team and try to sell some draft related promotion.

If they move up in the draft I would be shocked, but that would likely mean that Coby White knocked them on their asses when they saw him workout.

We will see.....

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Nailed It!! ;)

jodadamus
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Yep, trade a guy that is a 80/50/40 shooter for a tweener forward. Glad some of you aren't GM's.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

I'm ashamed to admit this, I don't follow College BB and - but I didn't know he was listed at 6'7''
He plays like 6'10''
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Southpaw23 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:36 am I'm ashamed to admit this, I don't follow College BB and - but I didn't know he was listed at 6'7''
He plays like 6'10'' against college players.
Fixed it for you.