Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2018-19 Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: *** Official 2018-19 Draft Thread ***

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:58 pm
thinktank wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:50 pm

:lol:

Or know how to use google.

We get it. It’s your party (the draft) and you’ll cry if you want to.
Did you address where he had him in his top 5 before he got hurt? No? Because you lack the capacity to do so.

And everyone knows that.
Does the NBA draft happen at the start of the year?

Nope.

He has foot issues, so he dropped.

Sorry to break that reality to you.

Now that early season top 5 guy has empty seats in the front row at his pro day.
And so everyone says he's freak talented, top 5 talented but he's injured and you argue that he's not that talented. Then you argue that he's injured. Even you can't make that up. Get a proofreader.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Where did I argue he wasn’t talented?

It’s his feet people are worried about.

Hellooooooooooo.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Are Bol's feet liars?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm bol will always have problems on the block when some 250 lb center (and yes, it could even be a 230 lb center) puts his hip into him - which will happen nearly every offensive and defensive possession. it'll be hitting bol on the thigh - and ass beats thigh 1000 to 0. i know i wouldn't want montrezl jacking his big ass into my poor thigh 140 times in a game. multiply by 82. bol's not built for the league.
His dad lasted in the league for a while and was a good defender.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:53 pm Are Bol's feet liars?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I'm just trying to lighten the mood it's a lot of arguing in a lot of threads up in here. We have one week until some crazy shit is about to go down so let's have fun with it.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 pm I'm just trying to lighten the mood it's a lot of arguing in a lot of threads up in here. We have one week until some crazy shit is about to go down so let's have fun with it.
Well throw some shit out there. Who do you want at 11? You willing to move up? How about down? What kind of ball should we play with our roster? What kind of ball do you think Ryan wants to play? Is Rosas the end all be all or is he all in with Ryan to get him his guys? Are we on the cusp according to them? Or is this a fill it out and see year? Are you all in to win this year? Playoffs or bust? Or are you willing to take a horizontal year to try to jump big next year? Hoppy or Malty? Blonde or brunette? Golf or swimming? Wisconsin Dells or Valley Fair? Thinktank or HHM?

3....2...1...go.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:41 am
irishman89 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 pm I'm just trying to lighten the mood it's a lot of arguing in a lot of threads up in here. We have one week until some crazy shit is about to go down so let's have fun with it.
Well throw some shit out there. Who do you want at 11? You willing to move up? How about down? What kind of ball should we play with our roster? What kind of ball do you think Ryan wants to play? Is Rosas the end all be all or is he all in with Ryan to get him his guys? Are we on the cusp according to them? Or is this a fill it out and see year? Are you all in to win this year? Playoffs or bust? Or are you willing to take a horizontal year to try to jump big next year? Hoppy or Malty? Blonde or brunette? Golf or swimming? Wisconsin Dells or Valley Fair? Thinktank or HHM?

3....2...1...go.
I believe watching paint dry is more exciting than watching grass grow.
larryhagmansliver

Post by larryhagmansliver »

3....2...1...go.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

larryhagmansliver wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:08 pm

3....2...1...go.
Poor you.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I'm still digesting as much stuff is a can on prospects. Can somebody tell me about Romeo Langford? He's either a hot mess or the hand injury was partially or more to blame.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if NO can get atlanta to part with their 8 and 10 for their new 4 - that holds some interesting possibilities. in particular, who is NO going to pick at 4 that moves the needle for them? they have ball, jrue and payton - so garland isn't needed. they've got ingram and zion - so hunter isn't needed. they've got jrue - hart - ingram and moore, so culver isn't needed. if sekou lasts till 8, and hayes is there at 10 - that could be a really great addition to NO's new guard.

ball - payton
jrue - hart
ingram - moore
zion - doumbouya
hayes - randle

that's a nice regroup and a pretty fun team to watch
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:19 pm if NO can get atlanta to part with their 8 and 10 for their new 4 - that holds some interesting possibilities. in particular, who is NO going to pick at 4 that moves the needle for them? they have ball, jrue and payton - so garland isn't needed. they've got ingram and zion - so hunter isn't needed. they've got jrue - hart - ingram and moore, so culver isn't needed. if sekou lasts till 8, and hayes is there at 10 - that could be a really great addition to NO's new guard.

ball - payton
jrue - hart
ingram - moore
zion - doumbouya
hayes - randle

I don't think it is that good. They really lack shooting and I don't think that lineup can defend.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

ball, jrue, zion, hayes, hart and doumbouya all are either good defenders or have the makings of it.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:45 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:19 pm if NO can get atlanta to part with their 8 and 10 for their new 4 - that holds some interesting possibilities. in particular, who is NO going to pick at 4 that moves the needle for them? they have ball, jrue and payton - so garland isn't needed. they've got ingram and zion - so hunter isn't needed. they've got jrue - hart - ingram and moore, so culver isn't needed. if sekou lasts till 8, and hayes is there at 10 - that could be a really great addition to NO's new guard.

ball - payton
jrue - hart
ingram - moore
zion - doumbouya
hayes - randle

I don't think it is that good. They really lack shooting and I don't think that lineup can defend.
I think it’s actually a good defensive lineup. Agree on the shooting woes though.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:18 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:45 pm

ball - payton
jrue - hart
ingram - moore
zion - doumbouya
hayes - randle

I think it’s actually a good defensive lineup. Agree on the shooting woes though.
I don't see it as good but maybe at their peak potential they are average.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i don't know why you think they'd be average. jrue is a helluva defender and that's easily been the shining light of lonzo's brief career as well. they'd have the makings of perhaps the best backcourt D in the league. zion's a definite plus defender - and that's what they'd be drafting hayes for. average at best?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 pm i don't know why you think they'd be average. jrue is a helluva defender and that's easily been the shining light of lonzo's brief career as well. they'd have the makings of perhaps the best backcourt D in the league. zion's a definite plus defender - and that's what they'd be drafting hayes for. average at best?
I would love to be their GM. There are so many ways they can go. They could easily go the trade fo and sign vet route or go full rebuild. Zion is game ready so they could be really good this year but I still think I'm taking Garland with the 4th pick and moving Lonzo. Keep Jrue around for a little while until Garland is ready then move him. But would Lonzo and 4 get you Beal?
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Is anyone willing to share this?

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:52 pm Is anyone willing to share this?

None of the picks have really changed since last week when they posted it.

They still have the wolves picking Nasir Little at 11.

They are going with 1-11

Zion
Ja
RJ
Culver
Garland
Coby
Hunter
Reddish
Seko
Hayes
Nassir Wolves
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

11. Minnesota Timberwolves

Nassir Little
North Carolina
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 224

The former top-five recruit saw his stock drop after an inconsistent freshman season, but he has appeared to have worked his way back into the lottery with a strong pre-draft process, particularly by showing better outside shooting potential.

Little's toughness, athleticism and long-term potential will be attractive to an organization that is attempting to reboot its culture after the dismissal of head coach Tom Thibodeau and the hiring of a new decision-maker in Gersson Rosas.
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm 11. Minnesota Timberwolves

Nassir Little
North Carolina
F

The former top-five recruit saw his stock drop after an inconsistent freshman season, but he has appeared to have worked his way back into the lottery with a strong pre-draft process, particularly by showing better outside shooting potential.

Little's toughness, athleticism and long-term potential will be attractive to an organization that is attempting to reboot its culture after the dismissal of head coach Tom Thibodeau and the hiring of a new decision-maker in Gersson Rosas.
I'd be happy with this pick.
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:47 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:52 pm Is anyone willing to share this?

None of the picks have really changed since last week when they posted it.

They still have the wolves picking Nasir Little at 11.

They are going with 1-11

Zion
Ja
RJ
Culver
Garland
Coby
Hunter
Reddish
Seko
Hayes
Nassir Wolves
I'd be happy with any of these top 11. I feel 4 through 11 are a pretty even batch of prospects. Thats why I'd be against trading up. Sure there are going to be some hits and misses, but as prospects they're pretty even in my eyes.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

I'm looking forward to the Zion show on Thursday. Wolves keeping their pick would be a bonus.

Zion and many of the lottery picks can all be awesome or simply pretty good. I'm excited to hear the opinions about Zion and the other players. The drafts have been fun the past few years as the talent pool has been deep.

Having a GM that comes from a great organization gives me hope that we can pull out the talent from all the options.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

witljon wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Nassir Little
North Carolina
F

not me. he's highly rated because of high school play and measurables. in college, he didn't do well at all. not sure why high school potential trumps college performance. little seems like a great pick to take a shot at - outside the lottery.
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

Nassir Little
North Carolina
F

I'm coming around to the Nassir Little camp. I wouldn't be upset with this.

College shooting was a weakness, but he actually shot the ball decent as a high school kid. AND, unlike fellow under performing freshman Reddish, Little has a solid rep as a hard worker. I still have concerns about him sharing the ball.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:58 am

Nassir Little
North Carolina
F

I'm coming around to the Nassir Little camp. I wouldn't be upset with this.

College shooting was a weakness, but he actually shot the ball decent as a high school kid. AND, unlike fellow under performing freshman Reddish, Little has a solid rep as a hard worker. I still have concerns about him sharing the ball.
Only if Wigs is moved. Otherwise when does he play?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I would hate the Little pick
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:49 pm I would hate the Little pick
Can't help think MKG when you see him. But there really isn't any concrete reason to think he'll be a career bricklayer like MKG turned out to be. But again, with Wigs on the roster it makes zero sense.
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:48 am
witljon wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Nassir Little
North Carolina
F

not me. he's highly rated because of high school play and measurables. in college, he didn't do well at all. not sure why high school potential trumps college performance. little seems like a great pick to take a shot at - outside the lottery.
Its a tough transition going from playing under the basket in high school to playing out on the perimeter in college.
High school to college is a big jump and then changing positions makes it bigger.
If he develops to his full potential he should be a good one.