Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

AD to the Lakers

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Dan33185

AD to the Lakers

Post by Dan33185 »

morneaumvp

Re: AD to the Lakers

Post by morneaumvp »

Man fuck the Lakers...

They have crashed and rebuilt like 10 times since we have been relevant
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Hope they enjoy the 60-some games they get before he misses the playoffs.
T_J

Post by T_J »

David Griff doing Lebron another solid.
T_J

Post by T_J »

The Lakers gave away essentially nothing here IMO. Or nothing that will amount to regrettable. Even if lebron sucks or retires in 2 years, you can rebuild around Davis.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Way to hold out for Kuzma. :gun:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Lakers add Kemba, Kyrie, or Jimmy and they’re a top 4 team in the NBA. Never say being a big market doesn’t give you an advantage. One of the worst run franchises in sports the last 6 or 7 years and because they’re the Lakers in LA they eventually put together an elite team. This trade is garbage. Ball and Ingram will never be Allstars imho. Hart is a rotation player. The picks will be late 1sts. The Lakers are back.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

T_J wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:44 pm The Lakers gave away essentially nothing here IMO. Or nothing that will amount to regrettable. Even if lebron sucks or retires in 2 years, you can rebuild around Davis.
Absolutely.
bri

Post by bri »

T_J wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:44 pm The Lakers gave away essentially nothing here IMO. Or nothing that will amount to regrettable. Even if lebron sucks or retires in 2 years, you can rebuild around Davis.
I'm not sure you can build around Davis as the guy. The Pelicans did a decent job putting talent around him, but maybe he's like KG, best as the #2 on a contender
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

bri wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:49 pm
I'm not sure you can build around Davis as the guy. The Pelicans did a decent job putting talent around him, but maybe he's like KG, best as the #2 on a contender
Well they still have Lebron as a top 5 guy for another year or two.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Both teams did well in this trade, obviously a lot depends on those picks and who they get, but Ingram is a pretty good player, and they can start the rebuild.
bri

Post by bri »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Perhaps, but never know if Davis can stay healthy.. Wondering who they'll target for a 3rd star. It's hard for other stars to play with Lebron
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Dan33185 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm Both teams did well in this trade, obviously a lot depends on those picks and who they get, but Ingram is a pretty good player, and they can start the rebuild.
Chances Pelicans have a better record than us next year?? :no:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

bri wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:52 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Perhaps, but never know if Davis can stay healthy.. Wondering who they'll target for a 3rd star. It's hard for other stars to play with Lebron
ESPN sources say Kemba Walker is their 1st target.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Pelicans will be a playoff team this year. They also got this years 4th. Lakers won’t have a first round pick until 2024. Unless David stern returns as commissioner the lakers won’t sniff a title with Davis. Pelicans will be outstanding defensively
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 pm
Dan33185 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm Both teams did well in this trade, obviously a lot depends on those picks and who they get, but Ingram is a pretty good player, and they can start the rebuild.
A long way to go in the off-season, depends on the draft and free agency.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

AD is an MVP candidate who is just entering his prime plus he is in LA. Even if your statement is ultimately proven true, imo, it'd be foolish to not try.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 pm
Most teams are going to have a better record than the wolves. Lol
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Anthony Davis is a top 5 player if he’s fully healthy next season. He’s in his prime. He’s the perfect player for today’s NBA. The Lakers won. Ball can’t shoot. At all. That’s a problem in 2019. Ingram has serious health issues and even as a player takes two steps forward and one step back. Doubt he’s ever a top 30 player. Hart is a guy. And three 1st’s. The best thing in this trade for New Orleans in the 4th pick this in this draft. Hopefully they get a good player.
D_H

Post by D_H »

50/50 they make the playoffs. LeBron James is going to get hurt again more than likely and probably miss more games than he did last year (father time is undefeated) and Anthony Davis will miss about 15 to 20 games. Outside of those two the roster is complete garbage. 43-39 nine seed.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

not worried. the way ACLs and achilles have been popping out in cali, i give it about a 50/50 chance one of bron or AD goes down in training camp and doesn't play a minute this year.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

I think Kemba-AD-Bron-Kuzma is a tough team to beat. They have everything. They also have the power to get lots of veteran free agents who want to play for the Lakers and compete for championships, as well as such significant local revenues they can spend whatever they want.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Potentially preposterous statement: AD shouldn't be considered a top 5 player.

I hate when people say "if healthy". That's like saying KAT would is a top 5 player if you don't consider defense.

Even health aside, ball handlers are always more important. Lebron, Giannis, KD, Kawhi, Steph, and Harden all easily better.

With that said, Lakers should blow by everyone next year
D_H

Post by D_H »

Pelicans won this trade big time in two years the pelicans will be better than the Lakers.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

OliverMiller wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:15 pm Potentially preposterous statement: AD shouldn't be considered a top 5 player.

I hate when people say "if healthy". That's like saying KAT would is a top 5 player if you don't consider defense.

Even health aside, ball handlers are always more important. Lebron, Giannis, KD, Kawhi, Steph, and Harden all easily better.

With that said, Lakers should blow by everyone next year
You think it's preposterous to say Anthony Davis is a top 5 player? Ok.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

D_H wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:17 pm Pelicans won this trade big time in two years the pelicans will be better than the Lakers.
It's about winning a title DH. Lakers becone the top dog of a WIDE open West this year.

That trade doesn't do much for me. #4 in a bad draft is alright but Ingram, Ball and Hart haven't shown to be anything great. We will see where the future picks land. It's still a good haul but not getting Kuzma in the deal is killer imo.

It's a win win for both sides considering the circumstances.

Lakers 2020 NBA Champions!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:23 pm
D_H wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:17 pm Pelicans won this trade big time in two years the pelicans will be better than the Lakers.
It's about winning a title DH. Lakers becone the top dog of a WIDE open West this year.

That trade doesn't do much for me. #4 in a bad draft is alright but Ingram, Ball and Hart haven't shown to be anything great. We will see where the future picks land. It's still a good haul but not getting Kuzma in the deal is killer imo.

Truthfully, in evaluating this trade one of the critical factors is the protections on the future first round picks. If those picks are late first round picks, this trade is terrible for the Pelicans.

Ingram, Ball, and Hart are decent rotational players on an average team. The 2019 #4 overall has some value (teams will want to trade there to get a PG now) but I doubt that you are getting a true core player.

At the same time, how terrible the deal is needs to be measured from what the available alternatives are. I would think the Celtics would have the better assets than the Lakers with a deal centered on either Tatum or Brown, but given the trade made today I wonder if such a deal was anywhere close to being offered.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs, I'll make a gentleman's bet with you good buddy. :beer:

LeBron's going to be 35 and father time is undefeated I bet you he misses at least 25 games.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Truthfully, in evaluating this trade one of the critical factors is the protections on the future first round picks. If those picks are late first round picks, this trade is terrible for the Pelicans.

Ingram, Ball, and Hart are decent rotational players on an average team. The 2019 #4 overall has some value (teams will want to trade there to get a PG now) but I doubt that you are getting a true core player.

At the same time, how terrible the deal is needs to be measured from what the available alternatives are. I would think the Celtics would have the better assets than the Lakers with a deal centered on either Tatum or Brown, but given the trade made today I wonder if such a deal was anywhere close to being offered.
I like this trade more than anything Boston had to offer. Unless Boston was willing to give both Tatum and Brown which I'm sure they were not.

Boston's assets have gone to shit. I'm also glad AD didn't end up there to rot. That team is going nowhere.

I thought the Lakers deal was unbelievably good but when I saw Kuzma name missing from the trade, it's just ok now. It would of been a home run if he was added.

I would have said keep the 4 future picks and give me Kuzma.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

D_H wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs, I'll make a gentleman's bet with you good buddy. :beer:

LeBron's going to be 35 and father time is undefeated I bet you he misses at least 25 games.
I’ll make a gentleman’s agreement with you that they not only make the playoffs but win at least 52 games.