Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Richard

A place to discuss the MN Twins
jakazz30

Richard

Post by jakazz30 »

Okay.....
I like basically the comfort of Richard in the booth...
(basically now the "voice" of the Twins)

And I know the "booth" announcers work for the Twins..they aren't FSN employees..

But he over-hypes so much at times it does get frustrating......especially when you know he has to know the truth..

2 examples in today's game.....same player...Buxton.

1st time he said he has shown he now has all of the"5 tools"....
Isn't one of them batting average? I don't see that.

2nd time?
He said he is the most complete player he's ever seen....
Ummmmmmm....
ARod, Bonds, Trout, etc.....
Slim Shady

Re: Richard

Post by Slim Shady »

I think he's a feel good voice, all the blather is taken w/ a grain of salt (for me)
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Slim Shady wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:18 pm I think he's a feel good voice, all the blather is taken w/ a grain of salt (for me)
I agree.....
When him and Bert are doing games, it feels "right".

Just sometimes I :roll:
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

jakazz30 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:05 pm Okay.....
I like basically the comfort of Richard in the booth...
(basically now the "voice" of the Twins)

And I know the "booth" announcers work for the Twins..they aren't FSN employees..

But he over-hypes so much at times it does get frustrating......especially when you know he has to know the truth..

2 examples in today's game.....same player...Buxton.

2nd time?
Ummmmmmm....
I heard that too. What is he going to say if Buxton does actually reach his potential?
I don't know why he feels the need to prop up a parade - we're already enjoying the show.

I got in my car later - Cory and Dan are so, so much better. Maybe radio allows for more, but damn are they entertaining.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Me thinks it's a sad state of affairs if one let's the TV announcer get to ya. There's this thing on your TV called "volume"....if you don't like what you hear you turn the "volume" down. Or, better yet, realize that life is too short to get in a tizzy about somethin like this.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:26 pm Me thinks it's a sad state of affairs if one let's the TV announcer get to ya. There's this thing on your TV called "volume"....if you don't like what you hear you turn the "volume" down. Or, better yet, realize that life is too short to get in a tizzy about somethin like this.....
I think you aren't understanding my comment..

I've said I love Richard in the booth.

I'm not in a "tizzy".....

It's a matter of (using my 3 previous examples) obviously Richard doesn't really believe that Buxton is a more complete player than Trout, ARod, Bonds.....thats ludicrous.

Why even say it?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:03 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:26 pm Me thinks it's a sad state of affairs if one let's the TV announcer get to ya. There's this thing on your TV called "volume"....if you don't like what you hear you turn the "volume" down. Or, better yet, realize that life is too short to get in a tizzy about somethin like this.....

It's a matter of (using my 3 previous examples) obviously Richard doesn't really believe that Buxton is a more complete player than Trout, ARod, Bonds.....thats ludicrous.

Why even say it?
You are talking to the guy who started the "Altuve Dozier contract thread"

That's all that needs to be said. :lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Why even say it?
You're right, but when I hear Dick and Bert I imagine myself sitting at Joe Sensers with buddies of mine saying stuff that's borderline ludicrous....I just laugh at them and have anotha beer!
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Do you have a list of topics we're allowed to discuss?
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ask Not wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:04 pm
https://www.bing.com/search?q=obsession ... US&PC=HCTS
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Why even say it?
You're right, but when I hear Dick and Bert I imagine myself sitting at Joe Sensers with buddies of mine saying stuff that's borderline ludicrous....I just laugh at them and have anotha beer!
Ludicrous stuff like Dozier should get close to what Altuve got paid? :lol:

Dozier got a 1 year deal for 9 million this winter. Altuve has a 151 million dollar contract. :lol:

It's the VERY worst sports take ever spouted on a board full of bad takes and will never be beat.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Why even say it?
Ludicrous stuff like Dozier should get close to what Altuve got paid? :lol:

Dozier got a 1 year deal for 9 million this winter. Altuve has a 151 million dollar contract. :lol:

It's the VERY worst sports take ever spouted on a board full of bad takes and will never be beat.
PLEASE show me where I said Dozier should get close to what Altuve got smart guy.....I'll save you some time......I NEVAH DID! Some of you dopes are so obsessed with me it's kinda scary and funny at the same time. Mostly sad...... :roll:
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

jakazz30 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:28 pm
Slim Shady wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:18 pm I think he's a feel good voice, all the blather is taken w/ a grain of salt (for me)
I agree.....

Lets not get carried away throwing Bert into this. I don't care about his birthday or California math
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Slim Shady wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:49 am
I agree.....

Lets not get carried away throwing Bert into this. I don't care about his birthday or California math
They're fine. If you want to hear terrible announcing, watch a Wild game.
Howeva ... after listening to Morneau, Hawkins and Jim Kaat, you get a little spoiled and realize how little insight Bert brings to the telecast.
Ketchup can be nuancy
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

You're sure as shit not allowed to comment on problems you have with announcers, that's for sure.

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/viewtopi ... au#p614736
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:13 am
You're sure as shit not allowed to comment on problems you have with announcers, that's for sure.

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/viewtopi ... au#p614736
:shock:

:lol:

:clap:
Ketchup can be nuancy
salamander

Post by salamander »

jakazz30 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:05 pm

2nd time?
Ummmmmmm....
Yeah, that 2nd one is way over hyped. As for the first I think he's just saying he has shown all 5 tools at one point or another. There are months where Buxton has hit well over .300 at times. He has shown great batting average ability for large stretches, it's just not consistent enough yet.
Last edited by salamander on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

Post by FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK »

Yup!!! But you know people Hornets they got to have something to complain about!!
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 pm

So we are only supposed to comment on things we are obsessed about?

I guess Salamander got the memo.....
He only bitches about the ownership of a team winning their division by 11 games..
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

FSN has the most homer announcers I've ever heard. I only have MN and Texas to compare but FSN is utterly over-board with the "don't say anything bad" rules. Didn't Frank Mazzaco get the hook from FSN for being too critical of Gopher hockey?

That being said, with DVR, I pause the TV feed long enough to sync it with the radio with Provis/Gladden so the radio doesn't spoil the TV 3 seconds before.

Works like a charm.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:09 am
Slim Shady wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:49 am

I agree.....

They're fine. If you want to hear terrible announcing, watch a Wild game.
Howeva ... after listening to Morneau, Hawkins and Jim Kaat, you get a little spoiled and realize how little insight Bert brings to the telecast.
I'd throw TK in there too. He's so deadpan and it's hard to listen to his voice sometimes, but the content/ knowledge is there.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Jim Kaat is a phenomenal color analyst.
salamander

Post by salamander »

jakazz30 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:50 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 pm

So we are only supposed to comment on things we are obsessed about?

I guess Salamander got the memo.....
He only bitches about the ownership of a team winning their division by 11 games..
"Only" :lol:
Now you're a liar. (See: this thread and many other posts of mine that have nothing to do with the Pohlads)
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:35 am Jim Kaat is a phenomenal color analyst.
One of the best that I've ever heard. Very under-used.