Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Froob annual NBA mock draft* Complete

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #53* mlhouse is otc

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:31 pm
j2j wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:27 pm

yeah, this little froobexercise does somewhat illuminate one to the pitfalls of "hope" in the draft process.
Also highlights how much time I'm wasting researching late 2nd round picks... Guys who have little to no chance of ever playing meaningful minutes.
well, call me crazy, but i still think sagaba konate could be the second coming of ben wallace... and he's still hanging out in the green room.
I was looking between him and another guy in my second dig. The Knicks are a mess, but their two slightly positive players on their roster are a center and a power forward.

It's either Konate or Oni from Yale.

I think I'm still waiting for the Decker pick to be made?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Sorry guys, 76ers now select Terence Davis from Mississippi
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
j2j

Post by j2j »

At #55 the Knicks select Ignas Brazdeikis.

Prior to a huge free agency perior the Knicks are pretty much all point guards and posts, with not a wing in sight. Their dream of Kevin Durant leading them next year just died, so we'll load up with swingmen through the draft.

#3 - RJ Barrett
#55 - Ignas Brazdeikis

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

j2j wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:37 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:31 pm
j2j wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 pm

Also highlights how much time I'm wasting researching late 2nd round picks... Guys who have little to no chance of ever playing meaningful minutes.
well, call me crazy, but i still think sagaba konate could be the second coming of ben wallace... and he's still hanging out in the green room.
I was looking between him and another guy in my second dig. The Knicks are a mess, but their two slightly positive players on their roster are a center and a power forward.

It's either Konate or Oni from Yale.

I think I'm still waiting for the Decker pick to be made?
i took oni at 45, but konate is still available.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Clippers do get the last of my main targets.

PF/C Sagaba Kontae

Immovable force and defensive savant.

Clippers add:

G/F Admiral Schofield
PF/C Sagaba Kontae

And with money for a max FA.
Come on down Kawai!
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Will update list late tonight.
j2j

Post by j2j »

mglviks wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:31 am Clippers do get the last of my main targets.

PF/C Sagaba Kontae

Immovable force and defensive savant.

Clippers add:

G/F Admiral Schofield
PF/C Sagaba Kontae

And with money for a max FA.
Come on down Kawai!
Didnt he die in December? ;)

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #57* HHM is otc

Post by HeHateMe »

Shamorie Ponds to the Pelicans at 57. BOOM, love this kid.

Zion, Norvell Jr, Ponds

heavy on offensive pieces. veterans can play defense!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
somuchyummy

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #58* witljon is otc

Post by somuchyummy »

who's the shortest player still on the board who the warriors can add? you know, just for a cute draft day photo session with tacko?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if, in real life, the clippers can get schofield and konate with their two late picks, then sign me up for trading back with our 43rd.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:14 pm if, in real life, the clippers can get schofield and konate with their two late picks, then sign me up for trading back with our 43rd.
I wouldn't take them over many players selected ahead of them.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i would. i love both those guys. for one thing, we're a team low on brawn. they'd triple our muscle density just by walking into camp.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:56 pm i would. i love both those guys. for one thing, we're a team low on brawn. they'd triple our muscle density just by walking into camp.
You are looking at it from specifically the Wolves point of view?
witljon

Post by witljon »

The Warriors will give Amir Coffey a shot with the 58th pick.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:49 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:56 pm i would. i love both those guys. for one thing, we're a team low on brawn. they'd triple our muscle density just by walking into camp.
well, sure. right now - even if we draft a PF at 11, we'll still just have KAT, dieng, the 11 pick, saric and way outside the bubble as a PF yet KBD - so we could add another big in konate, easy.

and at SF, we've got cov, probably KBD and mitch creek? i think a pick in the 50s of schofield would be really good value to add to that.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:23 pm
well, sure. right now - even if we draft a PF at 11, we'll still just have KAT, dieng, the 11 pick, saric and way outside the bubble as a PF yet KBD - so we could add another big in konate, easy.

and at SF, we've got cov, probably KBD and mitch creek? i think a pick in the 50s of schofield would be really good value to add to that.
I was just trying to get the underlying perspective of your rankings. Some players are more valuable to some teams.

From what I have seen on Konate he looks like a first round pick. But he hardly makes mocks. I have heard his knee is fine, that he could have even played last year, but for some reason he never did, and that some feel he quit on his team.

This is one comment I have to say about this year's offseason. One way or another, if this team is going to have a chance to be competitive they need to come up with a solid contributor who is either a 2nd round pick, a UDFA, a G-League refugee, a guy another team quit on, or some undrafted international player. Or 2. Maybe a guy like Konate goes undrafted and then gets a chance and contributes as that rotational big we need.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:23 pm

I was just trying to get the underlying perspective of your rankings. Some players are more valuable to some teams.

From what I have seen on Konate he looks like a first round pick. But he hardly makes mocks. I have heard his knee is fine, that he could have even played last year, but for some reason he never did, and that some feel he quit on his team.

This is one comment I have to say about this year's offseason. One way or another, if this team is going to have a chance to be competitive they need to come up with a solid contributor who is either a 2nd round pick, a UDFA, a G-League refugee, a guy another team quit on, or some undrafted international player. Or 2. Maybe a guy like Konate goes undrafted and then gets a chance and contributes as that rotational big we need.
have you watched any highlight vids of him? he's ferocious. don't often comp someone to ben wallace, but he looks the part. i'd just like to have someone with his mindset on the team. just try dunking on me, motherfucker. that sort of attitude we could use in the paint.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

witljon wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:43 pm The Warriors will give Amir Coffey a shot with the 58th pick.
I was thinking last night the Warriors could get some better bench guys in the undrafted free agent market than throwing out guys who can barely move. Does Bogut do anything besides take up space?

Looney, Livingston, Bogut, Cook, etc are not that good.. but they're on Golden State so they have 2-3 all-stars constantly playing with them.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:40 pm

have you watched any highlight vids of him? he's ferocious. don't often comp someone to ben wallace, but he looks the part. i'd just like to have someone with his mindset on the team. just try dunking on me, motherfucker. that sort of attitude we could use in the paint.
[/quote]

Good shot blocker. Seems to have a developing outside shot. You would think he would be "rated" higher but most mocks dont even have him in the top 60.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

With 59th pick The World Champion Toronto Raptors take Jalen McDaniels from San Diego State
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Sid Hartman

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* Last pick* anyone is otc

Post by Sid Hartman »

Kings take Darius Bazley
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Sid Hartman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:30 pm Kings take Darius Bazley
Think he was already taken but who gives a shit at this point. :lol:
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

G/F Kris Wilks for the last pick
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Pistons sign PG Jalen Hands

On gleague deal
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Clippers sign C Charles Bassey to a g league deal
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Cavs sign Kenny Wooten and Joshua Obiesie
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mglviks wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:46 pm Clippers sign C Charles Bassey to a g league deal
sorry bud, bassey went back to school.
somuchyummy

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* Complete

Post by somuchyummy »

hawks sign Texas PG kerwin roach and Mississippi State PF aric holman to the summer league roster.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* Complete

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Hornets sign F/G Teen Wolf to a 2way gleague deal.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 pm
witljon wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:43 pm The Warriors will give Amir Coffey a shot with the 58th pick.
I was thinking last night the Warriors could get some better bench guys in the undrafted free agent market than throwing out guys who can barely move. Does Bogut do anything besides take up space?

Looney, Livingston, Bogut, Cook, etc are not that good.. but they're on Golden State so they have 2-3 all-stars constantly playing with them.
Looney and Cook are guys that remind me of Jason Caffey back in the day.