Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Butler requests trade -- Butler traded to Philly 11/10 update

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Butler requests trade -- Butler traded to Philly 11/10 update

Post by HeHateMe »

Butler has made two game winners there. I believe the stat was like 0 for 12 prior to those since he got traded from Chicago to Minnesota. He was painfully not clutch while here -- good for him to make those now. I find it funny on social media it seems he's trying overly hard to fit in with Embiid. The loss to Cleveland at home had to be embarrassing for that team. I'm glad we got a guy who is as good on defense on a good contract, clearly a good locker room guy etc.... and then a wild card in Saric who still hasn't hit his ceiling yet IMO.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
BBG

Post by BBG »

Jimmy wasn't this clutch last year.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

This is kinda sad that we're still talking about him. He's living rent free in your heads, froobs.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

BBG wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:07 pm Jimmy wasn't this clutch last year.
I predict that these clutch wins against bad teams become blowout losses against good teams shortly.

I don’t think the Simmons/Butler tandem is sustainable and winning long-term.
BBG

Post by BBG »

thinktank wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:49 pm
I predict that these clutch wins against bad teams become blowout losses against good teams shortly.

Agreed but the Butler fit in Minnesota was worse. Butler played a lot of hero ball last year with minimum success.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

BBG wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:02 pm
thinktank wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Agreed but the Butler fit in Minnesota was worse. Butler played a lot of hero ball last year with minimum success.
He sure did. That step back jump shot three he’s taken to win two games cannot be successful for long, for any player.

As far as fit goes, I’m looking ahead at the Sixers. Jimmy can’t really assist to Simmons unless it’s on the break. That’s a big constraint.
kilkenny

Re: Butler requests trade -- Houston offering 4 first rounders 10/25 update

Post by kilkenny »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:04 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:00 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
Are you sure? I thought when a guy signed an extension that doesn't kick in until next year you have to wait until it kicks in. But I do remember the pill on Winslow so you are probably right. Then I would trade Towns. Absolutely no doubt.
For? Don't say Jaylen Brown.
Why? I love that guy. Him Rozier and a pick? Hell yeah. But the time for that has passed money wise.
:lol: Time for you to GTFO or learn the game.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Tuesday night will be the Wolves biggest game of the year so far. Butler will be pumped for a big game against us.
Hopefully our guys will be even more pumped to show him up with a win. :fight:
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Re: Butler requests trade -- Knicks, Nets or Clippers

Post by Decker23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:08 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:04 pm Which trade is better for Wolves sending Butler & Gorgi for

Brooklyn sends Deangelo Russell, Dudley expiring, Faried expiring, 1st round pick?

or

Knicks send Knox, Noah 2 years 28 million, Lee 2 years 2 million, 1st round pick?
Knicks by a mile … I don't think you'd get the pick and Knox though.
Whoops!
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
T_J

Post by T_J »

Paging Captain Hindsight.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:41 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:04 pm Which trade is better for Wolves sending Butler & Gorgi for

Brooklyn sends Deangelo Russell, Dudley expiring, Faried expiring, 1st round pick?

or

Knicks send Knox, Noah 2 years 28 million, Lee 2 years 2 million, 1st round pick?
Whoops!
Pick #3 ain't bad! Imagine if that hit one or two...
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:27 am
Domejandro wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:07 pm As would I, he should not be the person in charge of this situation. Roll with Ryan Saunders for a year as the interim head-coach, try to get a decent package (Robert Covington, Jerryd Bayless, and a first?), and just move on from the situation.

As a side-note, people are being pretty delusional in their valuations of what we are going to get (at least in the first couple of pages), temper expectations.

Allen Crabbe, D'Angelo Russell, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, and Denver's 2019 First Round Draft Pick

for

Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson

....is a likely trade.
I'd be OK with this. Not sure I hand the keys to Ryan Saunders yet.. I would call Monty Williams though.
Where was Decker's vision?
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:21 pm
Decker23 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:41 am

Whoops!
Pick #3 ain't bad! Imagine if that hit one or two...
True.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan