Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Mfiondu Kabengele

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Keith_Morrison

Mfiondu Kabengele

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Seen Kabengele climbing in recent mock drafts.

Is Kabengele a good fit for the Wolves? Can he play with KAT?

Please advise. Thanks.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
somuchyummy

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele

Post by somuchyummy »

i like that he can bang - that he's a well muscled 250 lber - plays hard and has the makings of a three ball. certainly not a perfect complement for KAT - and not someone who we should pick at 11, but if we did a trade back for a couple picks in the twenties, he'd certainly be on the radar. little known factoid: his hand width is wider than tacko fall's. :shock:
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I think so.

He might be a top 11 player from this draft in a few years if not sooner.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

He's Mutumbo's nephew, so he may have skills.
At #11? Big risk.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Keith_Morrison wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:15 pm Seen Kabengele climbing in recent mock drafts.

Please advise. Thanks.

I just want to hear Quincy try to pronounce his name.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

the mifiondu part's kind of tough. the kabengele part not so much.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Probably the biggest riser for me of late. Always figured him as a draft pull out. Seemed a little raw and didn't play huge minutes. But the more you look the more you see. He checks almost all the boxes.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

like fernando, you don't have to worry about the motor. pretty passionate player.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:25 pm Probably the biggest riser for me of late. Always figured him as a draft pull out. Seemed a little raw and didn't play huge minutes. But the more you look the more you see. He checks almost all the boxes.
:thumbsup:

Solid post-post-season analysis.

That’s what I’m talking about.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

beetlebum71 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:56 pm
Keith_Morrison wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:15 pm Seen Kabengele climbing in recent mock drafts.

Please advise. Thanks.

I just want to hear Quincy try to pronounce his name.
:lol:
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Wow, this kid is a sleeper. Here's another one that he looks good in.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:32 pm

Wow, this kid is a sleeper. Here's another one that he looks good in.
He's a little less athletic than Doumboya but a little bigger. He doesn't have the off the bounce and passing but has better post game. Both good shooters. They really are quite similar as all around players. Both on the raw side but I'd take either and be happy.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:04 pm
He's a little less athletic than Doumboya but a little bigger. He doesn't have the off the bounce and passing but has better post game. Both good shooters. They really are quite similar as all around players. Both on the raw side but I'd take either and be happy.
Question is, do you take him at #11 or try and move back and hope he's still there?
I have a feeling someone is going to make an unorthodox move around pick 6-7 and have everybody scrambling for that diamond in the rough.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:13 pm
Question is, do you take him at #11 or try and move back and hope he's still there?
I have a feeling someone is going to make an unorthodox move around pick 6-7 and have everybody scrambling for that diamond in the rough.
How far is the question. I also love Clarke. And there are other bigs I really like too.

Would love to see a run on wings above us. If all 3 were there it would be a really hard choice not to move a little back. All the way to say 17 though I'd be worried all 3 are gone and then we're on to the 2nd tier of Rui and Gafford. I'd want a lot more to make that move. I'll just say this. Any of the top 3 for me I could take at 11 and be very happy. Would I be happy with 17 and 27 if 17 were Gafford? Yeah. As happy would probably take years to find out. But with our roster as set as it is and no PG to be had at 11 I'd have a really hard time not taking the best possible 4 I can get.

As I have said for a while this will be the greatest class of undrafted players ever. probably times 2. I want more picks but there will be minimum 10-15 guys after the draft I will be straight mental to sign. And with as many open spots as we have we will be attractive to them. Be smart and give them all 4 year deals with only 1-2 guaranteed. Then let's develop for once in our lame existence.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Sleeper no more?

NBA mock draft @nbadraft.net has Kabengele going 10 overall to Atlanta.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Keith_Morrison wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:59 pm Sleeper no more?

NBA mock draft @nbadraft.net has Kabengele going 10 overall to Atlanta.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft
Yeah, but that's just one draft site. Some have him a lot lower.
I think he's going around 15th if we don't take him. I am always wro....wro.....wrong.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Good NBA bloodlines too...
He's the nephew of Dikembe Mutombo, and he has the physical gifts to prove it. Kabengele stands 6'10", stretches out to a 7'3" wingspan, and his 256-pound frame is chiseled with just 5.1 percent body fat.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 pm
How far is the question. I also love Clarke. And there are other bigs I really like too.

Would love to see a run on wings above us. If all 3 were there it would be a really hard choice not to move a little back. All the way to say 17 though I'd be worried all 3 are gone and then we're on to the 2nd tier of Rui and Gafford. I'd want a lot more to make that move. I'll just say this. Any of the top 3 for me I could take at 11 and be very happy. Would I be happy with 17 and 27 if 17 were Gafford? Yeah. As happy would probably take years to find out. But with our roster as set as it is and no PG to be had at 11 I'd have a really hard time not taking the best possible 4 I can get.

As I have said for a while this will be the greatest class of undrafted players ever. probably times 2. I want more picks but there will be minimum 10-15 guys after the draft I will be straight mental to sign. And with as many open spots as we have we will be attractive to them. Be smart and give them all 4 year deals with only 1-2 guaranteed. Then let's develop for once in our lame existence.
i'm a little less on about gafford. read somewhere that he had some work done on a knee that has compromised his athleticism a bit. not straight ahead power stuff, but more lateral movement that's going to impact his ability to cover on the perimeter and switch as well as he did before the surgery.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:26 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 pm

i'm a little less on about gafford. read somewhere that he had some work done on a knee that has compromised his athleticism a bit. not straight ahead power stuff, but more lateral movement that's going to impact his ability to cover on the perimeter and switch as well as he did before the surgery.
Have not seen that anywhere but needs to be considered if true. Didn't see it on the floor last year though.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

just reread the bit and it's not as bad as i remembered. it's an injury from high school - but the writer said there is a little concern that it might put a cap on how well he develops as a perimeter defender, or a guy who can switch onto guards and wings because of some question about his lateral quickness. i'm not sure how often that played out for him at arkansas - maybe it reveals a weakness, maybe not.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:35 am just reread the bit and it's not as bad as i remembered. it's an injury from high school - but the writer said there is a little concern that it might put a cap on how well he develops as a perimeter defender, or a guy who can switch onto guards and wings because of some question about his lateral quickness. i'm not sure how often that played out for him at arkansas - maybe it reveals a weakness, maybe not.
He's not the kind of athlete that Doumboya or Clarke are where they can switch anything and move their feet but he's is explosive off the ground and can still get the block when it looks like he's beat. He's a tough guy too. But the best thing to see him do is rim run. He is fast and has great hands.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Bless you.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov