Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Froob annual NBA mock draft* Complete

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #24* Decker is otc

Post by somuchyummy »

yeh, i think the 24 hour thing - plus the weekend thing, as experienced right now - grinds the froobdraft into a pasty bleh. the actual nba draft is on june 20th. if all of us take our allotted 24 hours, our draft will end on july 9th.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:30 am yeh, i think the 24 hour thing - plus the weekend thing, as experienced right now - grinds the froobdraft into a pasty bleh. the actual nba draft is on june 20th. if all of us take our allotted 24 hours, our draft will end on july 9th.
There needs to be a sense of decency. When froobs on the clock are posting on other boards we should just make the pick for them.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Yummy should make the pick.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm not going there. but i do think my initial pissed off post was saying something that maybe was bugging more than a couple of us. but despite all that, decker's within the rules. if the OP thinks it's gone on too long, he should make the pick.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

It’s Decker. Would anyone feel guilty if he was passed over?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

I will pick for the Sixers and it is the player I would have picked at 26 for the Cavs.

With the 24th pick the Sixers select

Goga Bitadze C Georgia(International) 6-11 250

A fiery, somewhat old school pivot that can also run the floor and has demonstrated an outside shot. In European ball he has great mobility and is a good shot blocker. He moves wihtout the ball very well, particularly out of the pick and roll. I think his outside shot is pretty underrated with very nice mechanics. Even in highlights you can see how he sometimes loses control and he is constantly bitching at the officials, but some of that might be compensation for the fact that his pro team's basic colors are pink. This is Gay Pride Month (my wife just played a playlist of all gay singers, which was fun), but watching basketball players play in pink is difficult to the eyes.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Goga lasted quite awhile, thought about him for the Spurs.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:15 pm I will pick for the Sixers and it is the player I would have picked at 26 for the Cavs.

A fiery, somewhat old school pivot that can also run the floor and has demonstrated an outside shot. In European ball he has great mobility and is a good shot blocker. He moves wihtout the ball very well, particularly out of the pick and roll. I think his outside shot is pretty underrated with very nice mechanics. Even in highlights you can see how he sometimes loses control and he is constantly bitching at the officials, but some of that might be compensation for the fact that his pro team's basic colors are pink. This is Gay Pride Month (my wife just played a playlist of all gay singers, which was fun), but watching basketball players play in pink is difficult to the eyes.
those unis are heinous. he should come to the nba if only to escape that fashion carnage.

and just so it doesn't get buried - a reminder that i have a 41 and 42 for sale.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

BTW, our draft order is not correct.

Pick #42 in the 2nd round belongs to Philadelphia

Pick #44 in the 2nd belongs to Atlanta.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

nba draft.net must have it wrong. the nba site confirms your take, mlhouse.

so.... i've got a 41 and a 44 i'd like to trade! in particular, my two picks for one of another willing froob's.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:06 pm nba draft.net must have it wrong. the nba site confirms your take, mlhouse.

so.... i've got a 41 and a 44 i'd like to trade! in particular, my two picks for one of another willing froob's.
I pm'd you.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Cleveland trades 2019 first round pick acquired from Houston #26

Atlanta trades their own 2019 second round pick #35 and
2019 2nd round pick acquired from Charlotte #44
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Youll have no patients.

Enjoying a weekend in sota shouldnt be a crime.

Shame on you guys for your constitution. Picking for someone else didnt even move this along. We have 3 weeks and made 20 picks in a few days.

Do not break my rules again.

Have honor or have nothing.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

mglviks wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:34 pm Youll have no patients.

Enjoying a weekend in sota shouldnt be a crime.

Shame on you guys for your constitution. Picking for someone else didnt even move this along. We have 3 weeks and made 20 picks in a few days.

Do not break my rules again.

Have honor or have nothing.
Screw that. The issue isn't that he was enjoying a weekend in Minnesota. He was online. He posted in Rube Chat. He voluntarily particpated in this event, yet left everyone hanging.

And, I get that "we have 3 weeks", but if this is still going 5 days from now it is too long.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

in my situation, i honestly have more time on the weekends to do this than during the work week. i'm okay with the 24 hours thing, but taking weekends off seems unnecessary. can't speak for others, but i know i start to lose interest when it drags on.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

No one quoted him that he was up maybe a pm was sent to mark his notifications.

This has to be close to the 10th year of rube/froob drafts.

Mostly managed by me.
No one has been pentalized for a weekend, ever.
If not willing to go a couple weeks shouldnt have signed up. We get excited about these things and yes lose their luster near the end.

Dont need to check 20x a day. Some arent as gungho as others.

This is just the small nba froob draft. The fantasy one usually takes 7-9 weeks. The All time one about a month. The nfl one took a while and dropped off to where it became a free for all. All time nfl/mlb were long too. Its the game, if willing to play gotta play by the rules.

I try to make it enjoyable for everyone. Some get inpatient. But try to be fair for all.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

you can always just pull back to pick 24 and have decker make the pick. you're the commish. we don't know how decker feels about the situation because he hasn't weighed in yet.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

mglviks wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:54 pm No one quoted him that he was up maybe a pm was sent to mark his notifications.

This has to be close to the 10th year of rube/froob drafts.

Mostly managed by me.
No one has been pentalized for a weekend, ever.
If not willing to go a couple weeks shouldnt have signed up. We get excited about these things and yes lose their luster near the end.

Dont need to check 20x a day. Some arent as gungho as others.

This is just the small nba froob draft. The fantasy one usually takes 7-9 weeks. The All time one about a month. The nfl one took a while and dropped off to where it became a free for all. All time nfl/mlb were long too. Its the game, if willing to play gotta play by the rules.

I try to make it enjoyable for everyone. Some get inpatient. But try to be fair for all.
The guy posted several times over the weekend in Rube Chat. Screw him. While there are all kinds of people active in these types of events, the 24 hours to do a pick means that unless you are discourteous too you need to check in several times to make sure your pick isn't up. Regardless, the "all time" drafts are completely different animals and again, if the guy is posting online he could make his stupid pick. He has several other picks coming up and the pick was better than any pick he would ever make.

So, lets move on.
j2j

Post by j2j »

This was posted at 7pm yesterday...
Decker23 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:57 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:04 pm
Decker23 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:14 am

You just made my sig line I think.
wait. so the froob draft thread has ground to a miserable halt for 27 hours waiting for decker's 24th pick - but he's coming onto the "got drunk last night pissed off husband" thread at 10 this morning to check in? :scooter:
Oh shit! Am I still on the clock?

T_J

Post by T_J »

Can I annoint someone to make my 2nd round choices? I'll suggest soyummy.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

T_J wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:12 pm Can I annoint someone to make my 2nd round choices? I'll suggest soyummy.
I’d love to. I only have one 2nd and it’s not until the late 40s
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

christ no, tj. i already have 3 left and am running out of ideas. unless you're okay with me drafting bench guys from NDSU...
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:52 pm christ no, tj. i already have 3 left and am running out of ideas. unless you're okay with me drafting bench guys from NDSU...
I'd draft guys straight out of Hopkins High School for him.

T_J

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:52 pm christ no, tj. i already have 3 left and am running out of ideas. unless you're okay with me drafting bench guys from NDSU...
:lol: Sorry. Oriole can do it for me.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

T_J wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:22 am
:lol: Sorry. Oriole can do it for me.
accepted; thanks.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Sid Hartman

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #25* Bri is otc

Post by Sid Hartman »

Man this thread has grounded to a halt
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #25* Bri is otc

Post by Decker23 »

Sorry guys - someone can make my pick for me. Been busy.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:15 pm I will pick for the Sixers and it is the player I would have picked at 26 for the Cavs.

per above, Decker approved.
it was a good pick yesterday, and it's a good pick today.

25 OTC
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:12 pm

per above, Decker approved.
it was a good pick yesterday, and it's a good pick today.

25 OTC
But Amir Coffey has slid to him!
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:49 pm Cleveland trades 2019 first round pick acquired from Houston #26

Atlanta trades their own 2019 second round pick #35 and
2019 2nd round pick acquired from Charlotte #44
As if my picks werent late enough...
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth