Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Conley-Rubio-Teague

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you do this trade?

Yes, win win for all
40%
No, Teague is bad but Rubio is worse
60%

Total votes: 15

UnFadeable21

Conley-Rubio-Teague

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Just listened to Locked on Jazz with David Locke and Athletic Jazz writer Tony Jones. They said the Jazz are looking to trade for another creator to pair with Mitchell. They said Rubio is a goner from the Jazz as the team management is intent on adding offensive power to the team.

They are still very high on Mike Conley but they don't have any contracts to trade to Memphis to come near Conley's 32 million salary this upcoming season. However, if they let go/reannounce all their free agents and let them walk: Rubio, Thabo, Korver, and Favors, they will clear 38 million in space to absorb a max player via trade. They aren't confident in signing any max players so the team will be very aggressive and try to trade this offseason.

Today on You betcha basketball Podcast, Jonny Athletic said the Wolves will be aggressive in trying to move Jeff Teague and his expiring 19 million and that the 11 could be up for trades.

Memphis has already told Ja Morant's camp that he will be the number 2 pick. They don't want to make it awkward drafting him and having Conley in a total rebuild. They can move forward with a Morant and Jackson core plus future assets.

What do you think about the following trade:

Utah sign and trade Rubio to MN, send 23rd overall pick to Memphis

Memphis sends Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz

Minnesota sends Jeff Teague to Memphis and future 2nd to Memphis

It will fill a need for every team and helps every team's future.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Conley-Rubio-Teague

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

The Wolves need to move on from Ricky Rubio. I would not do this.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:07 pm Just listened to Locked on Jazz with David Locke and Athletic Jazz writer Tony Jones. They said the Jazz are looking to trade for another creator to pair with Mitchell. They said Rubio is a goner from the Jazz as the team management is intent on adding offensive power to the team.

They are still very high on Mike Conley but they don't have any contracts to trade to Memphis to come near Conley's 32 million salary this upcoming season. However, if they let go/reannounce all their free agents and let them walk: Rubio, Thabo, Korver, and Favors, they will clear 38 million in space to absorb a max player via trade. They aren't confident in signing any max players so the team will be very aggressive and try to trade this offseason.

Today on You betcha basketball Podcast, Jonny Athletic said the Wolves will be aggressive in trying to move Jeff Teague and his expiring 19 million and that the 11 could be up for trades.

Memphis has already told Ja Morant's camp that he will be the number 2 pick. They don't want to make it awkward drafting him and having Conley in a total rebuild. They can move forward with a Morant and Jackson core plus future assets.

You people deserve to watch bad basketball. :lol:

Why would we want Ricky Rubio back. Flip didn't want him, Smitch didn't want him, Thibs finally got rid of him and now the Jazz have seen enough.

Jesus.

Lets call Klove, Budinger etc.. too.

We can be a 35 game winner again! :thumbsup:
Last edited by RubeTube on Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:12 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:07 pm Just listened to Locked on Jazz with David Locke and Athletic Jazz writer Tony Jones. They said the Jazz are looking to trade for another creator to pair with Mitchell. They said Rubio is a goner from the Jazz as the team management is intent on adding offensive power to the team.

Why would we want Ricky Rubio back. Flip didn't want him, Smitch didn't want him, Thibs finally got rid of him and now the Jazz have seen enough.

Jesus.
Because him and Ryan are tight and we need a PG who can run offense for Kat and Wigs. Plus he's a winner and has been to the playoffs two years in a row.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:12 pm The Wolves need to move on from Ricky Rubio. I would not do this.
I'd like a Rubio, Wiggins, Cov, Saric, Towns. That would give us two plus defenders in Ricky and Roco. If Wiggins can defend better, Towns blocked shots much better this season. I think that is a big and balanced line up of offense and defense.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:12 pm The Wolves need to move on from Ricky Rubio. I would not do this.
I'd like a Rubio, Wiggins, Cov, Saric, Towns. That would give us two plus defenders in Ricky and Roco. If Wiggins can defend better, Towns blocked shots much better this season. I think that is a big and balanced line up of offense and defense.
And Rubio, Cov and Wiggins both can completely suck at scoring. That's a awful lineup on the floor.

#BrickCity
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:16 pm
And Rubio, Cov and Wiggins both can completely suck at scoring. That's a awful lineup on the floor.

#BrickCity
No way, Cov would be waiting in the corner for the pass like Joe Ingles did for Utah. Rubio and Wigs already have good chemistry and together could handle ball handling duties on the opening line up. That starting 5 would have balance in scoring and defense.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 pm

#BrickCity
No way, Cov would be waiting in the corner for the pass like Joe Ingles did for Utah. Rubio and Wigs already have good chemistry and together could handle ball handling duties on the opening line up. That starting 5 would have balance in scoring and defense.
Wiggins handles are trash. Great idea to have Bricky kick it out to a 36% 3 point shooter. But hey, it's all good he's "Friends with Ryan"

Is that what were calling the Saunder boy's now? Like he's been over to our house and had a piece of pie?

Lulz.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

I’d rather have one expiring year of Teague than multiple years of Bricky.

It’s time to move on to a new PG sadly we will have to wait till next year because I don’t see one falling to us.
Last edited by Joboo on Thu May 23, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 pm

#BrickCity
Wiggins handles are trash. Great idea to have Bricky kick it out to a 36% 3 point shooter. But hey, it's all good he's "Friends with Ryan"

Is that what were calling the Saunder boy's now? Like he's been over to our house and had a piece of pie?

Lulz.

Saric in one corner, Cov in one corner, Ricky and Wigs at the elbows with Towns in the post. I think it is very solid bro.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Rubio and #23 for Teague and a 2nd is a win.

However not the answer for our future.

Will note would not want to move #11 teague and a piece for Conley either.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

If Conley was two years younger I’d move the 11th for him but he is not so yeah pass.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:27 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Lulz.

Saric in one corner, Cov in one corner, Ricky and Wigs at the elbows with Towns in the post. I think it is very solid bro.
I'm just giving you some shit, Fade. I don't like this though. I'm about staying put, losing and building through more lottery picks. This is something that can't be fixed quick here.

Also, Teague is a better PG than Rubio imo. I don't care for either though.
Last edited by RubeTube on Thu May 23, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

mglviks wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:27 pm Rubio and #23 for Teague and a 2nd is a win.

However not the answer for our future.

Will note would not want to move #11 teague and a piece for Conley either.
Wolves keep 11 and get Rubio

Jazz send 23 and Ricky to MN

Grizz send Conley to Utah
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Jesus.
Because him and Ryan are tight and we need a PG who can run offense for Kat and Wigs. Plus he's a winner and has been to the playoffs two years in a row.
Please explain this also... Why does Memphis want Teague?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

The only way I’d be ok with Rubio back is if he comes off the bench. Teague has proven at times that this team can really click when the pg is a threat to score.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

rubio would be a huge upgrade defensively from teague. but i don't think i could do it. remember how crappy teague shot this year for us? ricky still shot a full 2% points less than teague in both 2s and 3s. he just can't shoot for shit. 40% from two - 31% from three. and that was even with a hot start. rubio is like a tragically flawed shakespearean character. you want to pull for him but you just know it isn't going to end well.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:35 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Jesus.
Please explain this also... Why does Memphis want Teague?
Memphis gets a first round pick from the Jazz and with Teague, they get an expiring contract along with a quality player to back up Morant. After one season, Teague, Parsons, and Jonas all come off the books giving Memphis $61 million in cap space for two max players to pair with Morant and Jackson.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

I think we have gone down the Rubio path, not sure we do it again. Additionally, I don't think MN wants long-term contracts which Rubio would be. Lastly, Teauge and a 2nd seems like a lot for doing something we likely don't want to do.

What we need to do with Teauge is to take on salary over the next two years for a 1st.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

We can bring Rubio back right after we retire Garnett's jersey.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I think Ricky's market will be in the 10 million range. Lots of point guard free agents this year plus the 3 young guys who are suppose to go top 10.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Ricky still seems like he should be on our roster, even if it is as a sub. There is some intrinsic connection with him, as if he represents the team so well.

He did quit us though, due to Thibs - i.e. asked for the trade.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Ricky and Andrew would be awful on the floor together. Wigs can’t shoot and has ten thumbs when he puts the ball on the floor. There is a very easy way that the wolves could instantly improve, and that is somehow some way getting Andrew off this team. I wish the nba would bring back the amnesty rule every other year so teams can get rid of one franchise crippling contract like we have with Wiggins.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Does Ricky seem like a Rosas guy? I don't think so.

Its a stupid idea besides that anyway.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:08 pm Ricky and Andrew would be awful on the floor together. Wigs can’t shoot and has ten thumbs when he puts the ball on the floor. There is a very easy way that the wolves could instantly improve, and that is somehow some way getting Andrew off this team. I wish the nba would bring back the amnesty rule every other year so teams can get rid of one franchise crippling contract like we have with Wiggins.
Congratulations on your birth. Was it yesterday or just in the last 2 years. You might want to do some history on...........oh let's say 3 years ago.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

T_J wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:19 pm Does Ricky seem like a Rosas guy? I don't think so.

Its a stupid idea besides that anyway.
It's stupid because we could just sign Rubio. He's not getting a full MLE offer anywhere. Try to get any return for Teague that doesn't include long money and then I'm all for a shot term Rubio deal.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Hell to the no! Rubio we don't need.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I'd target Jrue Holiday over Rubio. Would I be upset if they got Rubio and dumped Teague? No but it depends on the numbers. And if you have Rubio, you need four guys on the floor that are lock down shooters. Utah obviously didn't have that.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.