Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

KDC: Most pressured QB in 2018

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cunningham

Re: KDC: Most pressured QB in 2018

Post by cunningham »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:27 pm This thread belongs in some sort of Hall of Shame.
:lol:

More fun than researching kickers on YouTube! Or researching college guys for the draft who we don’t end up taking.

Lots of ways to waste time. That Teddy video did bring back a lot of memories. Cousins in that Rams game looked pretty good as well. Not good enough though.

The Super Bowl this year though... WTF? Goff torched our defense. Barr was exploited on a few plays - McVay showed the NFL that move - and it really reminded me of something.

Since that Eagles game the way to beat Zimmer seems to be to go long. Maybe it is a law of averages or something? That slant on Barr though.... I feel like that was done in the next like 5 games against us.

Oh yeah, not to get off topic, KDC looked stunned in that Buffalo game. That defense killed us. It seems like by the time we got to Seattle the entire NFL knew how to beat us. So firing Flip was a good move.

Then you bring in Stef, who goes run heavy against two bad teams. Grinds it out, controls time of possession, etc. Then we played Chicago though...

WTF? Honestly? The run got shut down and there was no answer at all.

It reminded me of that scene in Saving Private Ryan when the guy gets slowly stabbed by the German he let go earlier, with his own knife.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

cunningham wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 am
PurpleHaze wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 am
Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:12 pm Only the St. Louis Rams threw for fewer yards, touchdowns, and first downs than the Vikings did in 2015.

Teddy sure contributed to that lower 3 and out percentage with a lot of 1st downs!

#clutch
If anyone argues that Bridgewater is better than Cousins, their delusional.

But everyone forgets that 2015 was Bridgewater's first full season as a starter and his #1 WR was a rookie Diggs(720 yards and 4 TDs). He was young and had promise, especially in the 4th quarter when the score was within 7 points (72% completion, 9.8 yard average, 118.8 rating and 0 Ints). Also TJ Clemmings and Matt Kalil were the tackles and Fusco & Mike Harris were the guards, arguably worse than 2018.

It was literally PHENOMENAL how incredible Bridgewater's ability to escape pressure was, I mean he literally looked like a veteran handling pressure. It really was incredible.

It was also totally obvious how horrible Norv's offense fit Bridgewater. Bridgewater in Norv's offense made as mush sense as a Lamar Jackson type offense ran by Philip Rivers. It was a recipe for disaster from the start. How did Cam Newton and Carolina do with Norv's offense? Answer: abysmal. Norv's rushing offense in 2018 was successful running the ball, #4 in the league, so at least he has been consistent at one thing.

When context is applied it's obvious Bridgewater had to overcome a lot of obstacles(Fucking horrible OC, even worse Oline and below average WR's at the time) he had a better season than he should have for his first full season.

Cousins is here now and even after a disappointing first season it still is very encouraging going into the 2019 season. Improved Running game, play calling and offensive line, it looks like it potentially could be dangerous and even more dangerous if the defense steps it up a couple notches like they did in 2017.
Agreed.

I said that statistically that Cousins is the best since Favre, but winning games and using other metrics that I would judge a quarterback on are less strong. If I compare apples to apples I would much rather have Cousins than Bridgewater as my quarterback next season.

I want to see Cousins accomplish more than lofty stats though. Right now I don't think he is better than Keenum though.

Winning games is all that matters to me. If a guy throws for 1 TD and wins the game 7-3 all season long and wins the Super Bowl I would gladly take that over 4000 yards, 30 TDs, and an 8-7-1 record.
You had me until the Keenum part. I will first start out by saying that when the Vikings needed to win against the Bears to make the playoffs, Cousins shit the bed. No doubt about it. But I think it comes down to who is able to win a playoff game and put the team on his back. I'm not sure every option we had at FA QBs but essentially Cousins was the unanimous #1 option because of the fact he could win a shoot out if the defense is lackluster. And let's be honest last years Oline would have been slaughtered in the playoffs.

I hope I'm right about Cousins and with an improved offense he can take the next step. In my opinion on paper the 2019 Oline is definitely an improvement. Especially if Sumia can be a pleasant surprise or Kline can regain his form.

I will tell you this it would be fun to see Cousins vs Keenum and AP, Cousins vs Haskins and AP will be fun too nonetheless because Cousins will have a little extra motivation against the Skins whether he publicy says it or not.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

PurpleHaze wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:19 am
cunningham wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 am
PurpleHaze wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 am

If anyone argues that Bridgewater is better than Cousins, their delusional.

But everyone forgets that 2015 was Bridgewater's first full season as a starter and his #1 WR was a rookie Diggs(720 yards and 4 TDs). He was young and had promise, especially in the 4th quarter when the score was within 7 points (72% completion, 9.8 yard average, 118.8 rating and 0 Ints). Also TJ Clemmings and Matt Kalil were the tackles and Fusco & Mike Harris were the guards, arguably worse than 2018.

It was literally PHENOMENAL how incredible Bridgewater's ability to escape pressure was, I mean he literally looked like a veteran handling pressure. It really was incredible.

It was also totally obvious how horrible Norv's offense fit Bridgewater. Bridgewater in Norv's offense made as mush sense as a Lamar Jackson type offense ran by Philip Rivers. It was a recipe for disaster from the start. How did Cam Newton and Carolina do with Norv's offense? Answer: abysmal. Norv's rushing offense in 2018 was successful running the ball, #4 in the league, so at least he has been consistent at one thing.

When context is applied it's obvious Bridgewater had to overcome a lot of obstacles(Fucking horrible OC, even worse Oline and below average WR's at the time) he had a better season than he should have for his first full season.

Cousins is here now and even after a disappointing first season it still is very encouraging going into the 2019 season. Improved Running game, play calling and offensive line, it looks like it potentially could be dangerous and even more dangerous if the defense steps it up a couple notches like they did in 2017.
Agreed.

I said that statistically that Cousins is the best since Favre, but winning games and using other metrics that I would judge a quarterback on are less strong. If I compare apples to apples I would much rather have Cousins than Bridgewater as my quarterback next season.

I want to see Cousins accomplish more than lofty stats though. Right now I don't think he is better than Keenum though.

Winning games is all that matters to me. If a guy throws for 1 TD and wins the game 7-3 all season long and wins the Super Bowl I would gladly take that over 4000 yards, 30 TDs, and an 8-7-1 record.
You had me until the Keenum part. I will first start out by saying that when the Vikings needed to win against the Bears to make the playoffs, Cousins shit the bed. No doubt about it. But I think it comes down to who is able to win a playoff game and put the team on his back. I'm not sure every option we had at FA QBs but essentially Cousins was the unanimous #1 option because of the fact he could win a shoot out if the defense is lackluster. And let's be honest last years Oline would have been slaughtered in the playoffs.

I hope I'm right about Cousins and with an improved offense he can take the next step. In my opinion on paper the 2019 Oline is definitely an improvement. Especially if Sumia can be a pleasant surprise or Kline can regain his form.

I will tell you this it would be fun to see Cousins vs Keenum and AP, Cousins vs Haskins and AP will be fun too nonetheless because Cousins will have a little extra motivation against the Skins whether he publicy says it or not.
I see what your are saying and also always hope for the best. Rick usually doesn’t buy into free agency hype and overpay, but with Bradford and Cousins he has paid way too much. A first round pick, another pick, and 3 years, $84 mil fully guaranteed. That is a ton spent when we made the NFC Championship game with Keenum on a super cheap one year deal. A lot wasted in my view that could have been allocated elsewhere.

Cousins and Keenum had a shootout in 2017 and Keenum emerged the better quarterback. Watch that game again. They looked equal and Keenum looked better. Especially the interceptions.

Now Kubiak was brought in to install the same offense that Cousins had in Washington. There is not an excuse in the world left if this team doesn’t get a playoff win.

Those who brush off The Ravens taking Lamar Jackson (dumping Flacco), Skins taking Haskins, KC, Bills, Miami and Rosen, are not seeing how it works right now in the NFL. That is why the Skins didn’t overpay for Cousins. They also didn’t trade a team for a loan after Smith went down. They were patient.

This whole “All In” needs to be “All Out” for Rick Spielman and his ways of handling quarterbacks and the o-line.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Just sitting here this rainy afternoon thinking "What is Kirk doing?"

I wish I was this strong armed, handsome man of integrity, football god.

But I'm not.

Probably just going to have to settle on ordering his jersey today!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:03 pm Just sitting here this rainy afternoon thinking "What is Kirk doing?"

But I'm not.

Better yet, buy a Bradbury jersey. He will be the guy who bends over and has Kirk’s hand on his balls!

:humper:

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:52 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:03 pm Just sitting here this rainy afternoon thinking "What is Kirk doing?"

But I'm not.

Better yet, buy a Bradbury jersey. He will be the guy who bends over and has Kirk’s hand on his balls!

:humper:

OooOooWwwEee!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Elite players do elite things

#KDC

#HoistIn20
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 am And he still put up HISTORIC #'s

Read it and weep, haters!

https://thevikingage.com/2019/05/08/min ... -2018/amp/

40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I have been consistent on Kirk for all these years. Are there any other fans who feel these are the most frustrating years to be a fan? That the Rick Spielman lack of quarterback evaluation was endemic? What a cancer!

Almost any quarterback in the NFL could have gotten this team to the records we have had the last 5-7 years. The difference is the cost.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

[quote=cunningham post_id=2195470 time=1663812328 user_id=324]
I have been consistent on Kirk for all these years. Are there any other fans who feel these are the most frustrating years to be a fan? That the Rick Spielman lack of quarterback evaluation was endemic? What a cancer!

Almost any quarterback in the NFL could have gotten this team to the records we have had the last 5-7 years. The difference is the cost.
[/quote

I think Kirt is good for a few wins over someone like Mullens. That's the problem though.

I rather be 5-11 with a chance to draft a QB than 8-9 every year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

LOL....don't know if I can take anotha year of the "He's good, nope he's bad" Cousins chat!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:25 pm LOL....don't know if I can take anotha year of the "He's good, nope he's bad" Cousins chat!
He's neither. He's mediocrity personified.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:12 pm
cunningham wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:05 pm I have been consistent on Kirk for all these years. Are there any other fans who feel these are the most frustrating years to be a fan? That the Rick Spielman lack of quarterback evaluation was endemic? What a cancer!

[/quote

I think Kirt is good for a few wins over someone like Mullens. That's the problem though.

I rather be 5-11 with a chance to draft a QB than 8-9 every year.
That is the truth. Rick was content with this idea of maybe having a fluke year and winning a Super Bowl. This “all-in” mentality year after year.

Keenum was a fluke signing. He got this team to 13-3. We were told Kirk was the missing piece. When he wasn’t the goalposts kept moving.

I wanted this to work out and we still might have a decent season, but what other fanbase excepts that the ceiling is a Wild Card birth?

I sit every off-season praying this team takes a quarterback. But with Rick it didn’t matter. Then we extended Mannion in the off-season and as every single quarterback fell we didn’t take anything.

You gotta take some swings. Like the Mond pick. But with him the big sell was he had Ponder’s coach. It was like some insane nightmare that Rick would pick that quarterback. Not Hurts. Not a Dak. He didn’t pick Kirk Cousins. He bought a castoff.

What has killed me as well all of these years is that I believe no team would ever trade away, and sure as hell wouldn’t just let a quarterback leave because of money if he was worth a damn. You don’t trade in a great car. You don’t dump a chick who might be “the one..” and you don’t let a franchise quarterback leave in free agency.

But Rick was all-in.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Hornets wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:25 pm LOL....don't know if I can take anotha year of the "He's good, nope he's bad" Cousins chat!
It is like watching someone give a speech with their dick hanging out of their fly.

People want to talk about other players (the speech) and not that a giant dick that is sticking out of the speaker’s fly (Kirk Cousins).

I can’t concentrate on player moves when our quarterback is a scatter brain who is too soft to win. Just like I cannot listen to a speaker when their dick is hanging out. :lol:
Hector

Post by Hector »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:28 pm
He's neither. He's mediocrity personified.
I think he's both....he still ends up as mediocre but he's frustrating as hell to watch once he hears the footsteps in a game....he doesn't recover.