Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:10 am
HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:06 am
Decker23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:05 am

Because I know it irritates him.
Seems banworthy. ABE!
:lol:

I think I was more of a Hield guy pre draft - but didn't really have a strong favorite. After the Wolves drafted Dunn, and I heard about his story, I became a fan. I still think it's too early to completely write Kris off. When healthy, he puts up pretty damn good numbers for the Bulls.
He's not that good. I had him on my fantasy team thinking he'd fill up the stat sheet, disappointment outside of the injuries of course. You thought the Bulls would win more than the wolves last year (16-17 win total) because you liked Dunn and LaVine and hated Wiggins.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:17 am
HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:06 am
Seems banworthy. ABE!

I think I was more of a Hield guy pre draft - but didn't really have a strong favorite. After the Wolves drafted Dunn, and I heard about his story, I became a fan. I still think it's too early to completely write Kris off. When healthy, he puts up pretty damn good numbers for the Bulls.
He's not that good. I had him on my fantasy team thinking he'd fill up the stat sheet, disappointment outside of the injuries of course. You thought the Bulls would win more than the wolves last year (16-17 win total) because you liked Dunn and LaVine and hated Wiggins.
The Bulls will get to the Playoffs before the Wolves do. I just think they have a better team. If the Wolves can get a top 2 lottery pick, that changes everything though.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:26 am
HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:17 am

The Bulls will get to the Playoffs before the Wolves do. I just think they have a better team. If the Wolves can get a top 2 lottery pick, that changes everything though.
Sounds like another bet. Want to put down a year ban from Wolves Chat on it?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:31 am
I like this place too much. How about $50? Pay via Venmo.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:36 am
You and I bet on something back in the day and you didn't pay up. Meh.

$20 and a three month Wolves Chat ban.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:40 am
Decker23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:36 am
You and I bet on something back in the day and you didn't pay up. Meh.

$20 and a three month Wolves Chat ban.
Was that something about the Vikes? I remember that - I'll pay up.

"$20 and a three month Wolves Chat ban."

Deal :thumbsup:

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
j2j

Post by j2j »

Who was it that lost the bet and was supposed to go away forever and then never left? Or at least an extended 0time?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:48 am Who was it that lost the bet and was supposed to go away forever and then never left? Or at least an extended 0time?
The dude above!
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:49 am
j2j wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:48 am Who was it that lost the bet and was supposed to go away forever and then never left? Or at least an extended 0time?
The dude above!
That's who I thought.

T_J

Post by T_J »

What a great bet...the eastern conference where an 8 seed just needs .500 whereas the west needs 47-48 wins.

Having said that, the Bulls are locking in Jim Boylen. Good luck.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Maybe Wiggins needs to ditch the cornrows and go back to the fro.

:shrug:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

j2j wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:23 am Ha! I forgot about the Dunn and Russ comparisons. :lol:
You know I keep it real!!!

A lot of people like to play revisionist history. I have a great long term memory
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Wiggins is not getting traded for at least this season. No way new POBO makes his presentation on taking over and one of the steps is trading Wiggins. He's going to get the job by selling to Taylor and Co that he can make an all star out of Wigs
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 am I don't recall anyone being Dunn fanatics (maybe Rasho liked him?). Dunn was drafted to be traded as I don't recall Thibs being infatuated with Dunn.

The whole thibs thing ended up a failure but it did prove one thing: KAT plus another top 20 player is a really good team. KAT don't need no three stars.

FYI: 2018-19: Wiggins 41/33%, Dunn 42/35% :lol:
I don't think that was accurate. There is not proof that any draft night trade was squashed. (And it would have come out by now.)
It was my understanding that Thibs was really infatuated with his Defense. He was NBA ready (supposedly) And Thibs wanted to speed up the process. Once that didn't happened, he booted all the talent he could spare for Butler.
Thibs set us back two years for one shot at the PO's, and it's to be seen how long his Butler fail sets us back. Rosas has a huge job ahead of him.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

j2j wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:51 am
HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:49 am
The dude above!
That's who I thought.
TBH, a lot of posters back in the day, (old dawn, new dawn) promised to leave after losing a bet/ spreading rumors they knew would come true but didn't..Etc. The result was a lot of newbies with burner accounts until the ban was over.

So since I missed the last two years of this grand re-re-opening, what do you call this Wolves chat this third time around?
j2j

Post by j2j »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:33 pm Maybe Wiggins needs to ditch the cornrows and go back to the fro.

Needs to shave it like Michael and Kobe. It's his only hope.

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Mplsfonz wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:15 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 am I don't recall anyone being Dunn fanatics (maybe Rasho liked him?). Dunn was drafted to be traded as I don't recall Thibs being infatuated with Dunn.

The whole thibs thing ended up a failure but it did prove one thing: KAT plus another top 20 player is a really good team. KAT don't need no three stars.

I don't think that was accurate. There is not proof that any draft night trade was squashed. (And it would have come out by now.)
It was my understanding that Thibs was really infatuated with his Defense. He was NBA ready (supposedly) And Thibs wanted to speed up the process. Once that didn't happened, he booted all the talent he could spare for Butler.
Thibs set us back two years for one shot at the PO's, and it's to be seen how long his Butler fail sets us back. Rosas has a huge job ahead of him.
Dunn was favorite to be rookie of the year and many people were so happy he got drafted. The few Rubio bobo’s here like myself and HHM thought the pick was redundant.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

j2j wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:30 pm
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:33 pm Maybe Wiggins needs to ditch the cornrows and go back to the fro.

Needs to shave it like Michael and Kobe. It's his only hope.
Don't forget his lucky green shoes, everyone says he plays better with those
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Wiggins apparently back in town doing offseason workouts, maybe he is serious in season 6 guys? :thinking:

j2j

Post by j2j »

morneaumvp wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:19 pm Wiggins apparently back in town doing offseason workouts, maybe he is serious in season 6 guys? :thinking:

6 years... Just amazing that it's been that long already

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

morneaumvp wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:19 pm Wiggins apparently back in town doing offseason workouts, maybe he is serious in season 6 guys? :thinking:

It hasn’t even been 5 years since he was drafted let alone played but I get it. He’s entering his 6th season. I’m not optimistic, I’m sure he’s lifted weights before.
witljon

Post by witljon »

kilkenny wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:56 pm

You, Morneuamvp, Zelt, and Decker going to eat your words on wiggins and apologize to both of us next season :mrgreen:
Two things.
1. It's "snap" into a slim jim, not step.

2. You apologizing to us for his first 5 seasons of crap? He's the reason we don't make the playoffs.
We made the playoffs last year with Wiggins disappointing play.

How about the loss of 3 first round draft picks? (Markkanen/LaVine/Dunn)
Or no Jimmy Butler help?
Or nothing from Robert Covington?

Do you think they contributed to us not making the playoffs?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

How do you explain the fact that Dunn was in Thibs' dog house from day 1? There were constant rumors that the two would butt heads all the time.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:22 pm

How do you explain the fact that Dunn was in Thibs' dog house from day 1? There were constant rumors that the two would butt heads all the time.
Thibbs on draft night knew the Bulls really wanted Dunn. He drafted Dunn knowing the Bulls really wanted him with the plan to use him to get Butler. He even offered up Dunn the very night he Drafted him to Chicago as part of a deal to get Butler.

Jim Pete said that Murray had a draft workout here that was one of the best draft workouts anyone had with the Wolves. With the needs the Wolves had and still do to this day - Murray was the lock with the Wolves pick.

To Thibbs credit in the end he was able to get Butler by using Dunn,

It worked out perfect and really didn’t cost the Wolves anything of importance. At least that is what the Thibbs and Butler followers used as a mantra for a while. ;)
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

witljon wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:11 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:56 pm

You, Morneuamvp, Zelt, and Decker going to eat your words on wiggins and apologize to both of us next season :mrgreen:
Two things.

2. You apologizing to us for his first 5 seasons of crap? He's the reason we don't make the playoffs.

Or no Jimmy Butler help?

If Wiggins was actually a good player we would have made the playoffs despite your reasons. Fact.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

kilkenny wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:42 am
witljon wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Two things.

Or no Jimmy Butler help?

If Wiggins was actually a good player we would have made the playoffs despite your reasons. Fact.
Yep, if he was a decent NBA player we make it in easy.

Instead he is an anchor that drags the squad down
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

Worst contract in Minnesota sports history.
He better be sending LBJ a Christmas card every year because if didn't trade him for Love, LBJ would have ran him out of the league
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:39 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:22 pm

Thibbs on draft night knew the Bulls really wanted Dunn. He drafted Dunn knowing the Bulls really wanted him with the plan to use him to get Butler. He even offered up Dunn the very night he Drafted him to Chicago as part of a deal to get Butler.

Jim Pete said that Murray had a draft workout here that was one of the best draft workouts anyone had with the Wolves. With the needs the Wolves had and still do to this day - Murray was the lock with the Wolves pick.

To Thibbs credit in the end he was able to get Butler by using Dunn,

It worked out perfect and really didn’t cost the Wolves anything of importance. At least that is what the Thibbs and Butler followers used as a mantra for a while. ;)
Yeah, because Dunn hasn't done anything yet. Can you imagine if he drafted then traded Murray?
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Oh shit, I think WIggins is serious about getting good in his 6th season guys :clap:

Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

morneaumvp wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:29 am Oh shit, I think WIggins is serious about getting good in his 6th season guys :clap:

Lol guarantee his first shot of the season is a contested mid range jumper...guy is just not that good, all stats point to us being a better team without him on floor. Even if he does improve he’s still deadweight as a high volume chucker who does little else to make an impact on the game
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?