Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by LordNu »

Is this the new Gas-Oil thread?
j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:34 pm
j2j wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:38 pm

I’ve seen Thibs bench Lolvine twice live in person in the 4th quarter because he was getting abused on defense trying to guard Aaron affalo and Gary Harris jr.

Wigs has been playing out of position for the last two seasons at small forward. Doesn’t have the strength to guard those guys.

Keep him at SG and watch him turn another level up.
Which Affalo game; was it the 5/9 for 16pts that LaVine didn't suit up for or the 1/4 for 2pts that LaVine went off for 40 in?
My mistake, it was CJ Watson. 2017 game. These light skin 6'4 shooting guards get me mixed up from time to time.
OH! The 6'2" PG CJ Watson who went 6/10 for 18 points. Curious, how did Thibs bench LaVine in the 4th yet Zach still got 43mins in that game, the 2nd most behind only KAT's 44mins?

Let's check the play by play...

Seems Watson checked into that game with 6:33 in the 4th and only made 1 field goal, which was a 3pter after a Wiggins turnover. Lavine on the other hand played the entire 4th and OT period. Weird benching.

I'm only busting your balls, Fadeable.
Spoiler:
Learn the game, noob.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
j2j

Post by j2j »

LordNu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:44 pm Is this the new Gas-Oil thread?
You watch your tongue, kiwi. ;)

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

j2j wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:44 pm Is this the new Gas-Oil thread?
You watch your tongue, kiwi. ;)
Reported. :cry:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

j2j wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:51 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:34 pm
j2j wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Which Affalo game; was it the 5/9 for 16pts that LaVine didn't suit up for or the 1/4 for 2pts that LaVine went off for 40 in?
My mistake, it was CJ Watson. 2017 game. These light skin 6'4 shooting guards get me mixed up from time to time.
OH! The 6'2" PG CJ Watson who went 6/10 for 18 points. Curious, how did Thibs bench LaVine in the 4th yet Zach still got 43mins in that game, the 2nd most behind only KAT's 44mins?

Let's check the play by play...

Seems Watson checked into that game with 6:33 in the 4th and only made 1 field goal, which was a 3pter after a Wiggins turnover. Lavine on the other hand played the entire 4th and OT period. Weird benching.

I'm only busting your balls, Fadeable.
Spoiler:
Learn the game, noob.
All good. That’s why we here to talk shit about basketball

Big year for wolves
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:02 pm Your basketball knowledge is determined on when you first said Wiggins sucked.
You, on the other hand, were an actual Wiggins bobo. :D
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:56 pm
kilkenny wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:39 pm

OHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAAAA

STEP INTO A SLIM JIM!!!
Snap.

You, Morneuamvp, Zelt, and Decker going to eat your words on wiggins and apologize to both of us next season :mrgreen:
Two things.
1. It's "snap" into a slim jim, not step.

2. You apologizing to us for his first 5 seasons of crap? He's the reason we don't make the playoffs.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

kilkenny wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 am
kilkenny wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm

Snap.

You, Morneuamvp, Zelt, and Decker going to eat your words on wiggins and apologize to both of us next season :mrgreen:
Two things.

2. You apologizing to us for his first 5 seasons of crap? He's the reason we don't make the playoffs.
Woah! I'm not here to defend Wiggins but he's not why we don't make the playoffs.

This roster is shit and we weren't making the playoffs years and years before Andrew.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
T_J

Post by T_J »

Wiggins looks like he's taking an introductory to weight lifting 101 college course.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:22 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:02 pm Your basketball knowledge is determined on when you first said Wiggins sucked.
You, on the other hand, were an actual Wiggins bobo. :D
Guilty. I guess I know nothing about basketball.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:45 pm
I was tarred, feathered, and ostracized for stating that LaVine had a much higher ceiling and I preferred Zach.

Years of therapy and I still haven't recovered. :cry:
There's also a camp that says...maybe we didn't need either guy. Maybe the mistake goes back to when we were sitting at the spot formerly known as Hubert's when Thibs took Kris Dunn over Jamal Murray (or Buddy Hield).
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

T_J wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:20 am Wiggins looks like he's taking an introductory to weight lifting 101 college course.
Probably is
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:35 am
I was tarred, feathered, and ostracized for stating that LaVine had a much higher ceiling and I preferred Zach.

There's also a camp that says...maybe we didn't need either guy. Maybe the mistake goes back to when we were sitting at the spot formerly known as Hubert's when Thibs took Kris Dunn over Jamal Murray (or Buddy Hield).
I'll argue to the death in favor of Jamal Murray. I was a huge fan of him that draft, hated Dunn and Buddy. Couple people here were obsessed with Dunn.

T_J

Post by T_J »

j2j wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:46 am

I'll argue to the death in favor of Jamal Murray. I was a huge fan of him that draft, hated Dunn and Buddy. Couple people here were obsessed with Dunn.
I don't recall anyone being "obsessed" with Dunn. I wanted Murray based solely that he played at Kentucky. I was fine with Dunn, but had no idea he'd suck so badly.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:04 am

I don't recall anyone being "obsessed" with Dunn. I wanted Murray based solely that he played at Kentucky. I was fine with Dunn, but had no idea he'd suck so badly.
We badly needed shooting at the time. Murray was a combo guy that seemed to fit perfectly and I thought the Kentucky connection with Towns would be great too. Dunn was a more athletic Rubio and we had just taken Tyus in the first round the year before while Ricky had three years left on his contract. What was behind LaVine/Wiggins? Shabazz.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Oh there were. I stopped posting for awhile after because it got personal and some weren't content on just disagreeing on who they wanted us to draft. Just nonsense.

T_J

Post by T_J »

j2j wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:11 am

Oh there were. I stopped posting for awhile after because it got personal and some weren't content on just disagreeing on who they wanted us to draft. Just nonsense.
Well don't be shy, name some names.
j2j

Post by j2j »

T_J wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:16 am

Not my style. I just ignore it now.

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

A lot of people loved Kris Dunn and thought he was the second coming of Russ. Decker was the leader of that group

I was a Buddy Hield guy. It took him some time but he’s finally playing at a very high level
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
j2j

Post by j2j »

Ha! I forgot about the Dunn and Russ comparisons. :lol:

Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

j2j wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am

A lot of rubes wanted Murray, but the thing with him was his D. And we all know what Thibs was looking for. D.
He had question mark as did Dunn, but as a older player Thibs went for the shortest learning curve. Dunn was actually the safer pick, and Thibs needed to get his own PG to bump Tyus and Rubio. He failed, and hindsight on Murray is the same as a lot of teams passed on him.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:20 am A lot of people loved Kris Dunn and thought he was the second coming of Russ. Decker was the leader of that group

I was a Buddy Hield guy. It took him some time but he’s finally playing at a very high level
Says the guy that can't see my posts :roll:

I was indifferent in that draft. Keep writing that narrative you want to believe David.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:45 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:20 am A lot of people loved Kris Dunn and thought he was the second coming of Russ. Decker was the leader of that group

I was indifferent in that draft. Keep writing that narrative you want to believe David.
Why do you keep saying his name?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Mplsfonz wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:32 am
j2j wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am

A lot of rubes wanted Murray, but the thing with him was his D. And we all know what Thibs was looking for. D.
He had question mark as did Dunn, but as a older player Thibs went for the shortest learning curve. Dunn was actually the safer pick, and Thibs needed to get his own PG to bump Tyus and Rubio. He failed, and hindsight on Murray is the same as a lot of teams passed on him.
We needed that pure shooting! And he had a good handle. Denver laughed when we passed on him I'm sure, they knew they'd get Hield or Murray.

The 2016 draft was an interesting one. Obviously some studs like Siakam and LeVert went later. Plenty of opportunity for teams to get the right guy.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Another lesson on how to be a Max Player by Butler for Wiggs to watch

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Jodaaaa this is what a winner looks like.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I don't recall anyone being Dunn fanatics (maybe Rasho liked him?). Dunn was drafted to be traded as I don't recall Thibs being infatuated with Dunn.

The whole thibs thing ended up a failure but it did prove one thing: KAT plus another top 20 player is a really good team. KAT don't need no three stars.

FYI: 2018-19: Wiggins 41/33%, Dunn 42/35% :lol:
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:48 am

Because I know it irritates him.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:05 am

Seems banworthy. ABE!
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:06 am
Decker23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:05 am
Seems banworthy. ABE!
:lol:

I think I was more of a Hield guy pre draft - but didn't really have a strong favorite. After the Wolves drafted Dunn, and I heard about his story, I became a fan. I still think it's too early to completely write Kris off. When healthy, he puts up pretty damn good numbers for the Bulls.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:09 am
kilkenny wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 am

Two things.

Woah! I'm not here to defend Wiggins but he's not why we don't make the playoffs.

This roster is shit and we weren't making the playoffs years and years before Andrew.
If Wiggins played like a number 1 pick should we would be battling in the playoffs. Instead he has some of the worst statistics ever accumulated over the first 5 years of an nba career for a guy that plays as much as he does. He's a net negative on the floor.